Tangleseed [Material]

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Eternis, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Tangleseed [Material]
    A throwable seed version of tanglewood, botanists can use a sufficient supply to provide themselves with a prehensile vine 'tail' that's much more dexterous than standard tanglewood, albeit still quite slow. Skilled botanists can use (some number of ) Tangleseeds to create a temporary tail, while MORE skilled botanists can use (significantly more) Tangleseeds to produce a permanent one. Ether way, the plant grafts to the character's body and relies upon it for nutrients.
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

I'm a bit iffy on this...

Creating a "tail" is effectively the same as just making Tanglewood armor that covers your butt. Ideally, most crafts would have most of their materials be unique to them (and grafting something onto the user's body is much more the domain of an Armorer than a Botanist, anyway).

I assume by a throwable version of Tanglewood, you mean the seed would burst open on impact to create a mass of vines that follow the user's will? There are a few effects of Boko Baba Seeds which have a very similar mechanic (including the default one), but it's different enough that it could warrant its own Seed Effect. How about that?
  3. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

I was considering the 'tail' to be more controllable and capable of intricacies than tanglewood, for example being able to screw with a screwdriver, and slightly tougher and stronger, so one could potentially hang onto a rope from below using only the tail.
    As to the second part though you're totally correct.