Symphony of Remembrance

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Twilit Oocca, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Twilit Oocca

Twilit Oocca New Member new

Hello! I am new and creating a musically-oriented character, and I thought of a cool musical spell treasure, so I decided to post it.

Name: Symphony of Remembrance

P/W/C Type: Courage

Appearance: As it is a musical spell, the Symphony of Remembrance has no physical appearance. The notes in the song are always the same, but they speed up and change pitch depending on the desired effect.

Description of Function: By digging deep into their own memory, particularly a memory which evokes strong emotion, the user replicates those emotions in song and causes others nearby to feel them. If those nearby have memories that evoke similar emotions, the song is even more powerful on them and will cause them to relive those memories as well (though they may still have some movement and mental presence in the now). Current emotions cannot power the song, only past (and not immediately recent past) memories.

Limitations: One must have some kind of musical way in which to play the symphony, be it an instrument or their voice. Conjuring a memory through which to use the spell takes intense focus, and a strong memory must be utilized for a strong effect. The weaker and less in-depth the memory, the less the effect. The memory must be described when the spell is being used, along with its emotional affect on the user. Strong emotions at the present time not from the memory, such as being scared of the foes being fought, can mess with the effect, so one must be in touch with their own emotions for it to work. Without musical mastery, it will affect both friends and foes, meaning a song of inspiration will inspire both allies and enemies, and a song of fear will instill fear into allies along with enemies. The user can't fight while playing (or singing) the melody. Being a musical spell, the targets must hear it for it to work.