Summon: Phantom

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Quill, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

This is going to need to be wicked expensive, I think. I'm not sure it would fit under Major Treasure or not; I'll leave that to you guiz.

Name: Summon: Phantom

P/W/C Type: Wisdom

Appearance: n/a

Description of Function: The caster may summon a single Phantom that will carry out the caster's commands to the best of its ability. An additional 45 rupees may be spent at any time to change what type of Phantom he can summon. Without this purchase, any summoned Phantom can only be a standard Phantom. The special types of Phantoms are listed thusly: Gold, which moves slowly but can instantly teleport to the caster's side; Wrecker, which has the ability to transform into a boulder; and Swift, which can move more quickly than most unladen Hylians. If the caster has an Enchantment spell, such as the Fire Enchantment treasure, he may choose to have the summoned Phantom's weapon be so enchanted at the moment of creation.

Limitation: This spell can only be cast once every 24 hours.
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Assuming an RP context and compared to the other two transformations, what would be the advantage to having a Wrecker Phantom? It reminds me of the the Charlie Brown Halloween movie:

"I got a fast Phantom!"
    "I got a teleporting Phantom!"
    "I got a rock"
    [​IMG]
  3. Quill

It'd be kinda like having a really big, armored Goron. It would roll around as fast as a boulder, with all the speed, power, and lack of control that entails. I think it balances out, but then again, I'm biased.
  4. Ribitta

That better explains it. I'm down. 1/2
  5. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

I'm not sure making the treasure more complicated with extra versions of Phantoms is particularly necessary. Most people are going to have trouble just dealing with a regular one, given their nature.
  6. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Okay so I wasn't aware this would've been a Major Treasure. If that's the case then I'm fine with the complexity. Approved. [2/2]
  7. Quill

Amended the Wrecker bit to hopefully make it more clear.

`Summon: Phantom
    Original: Quill, Spell - Utility
    [Conjuration], [Empowerment]

W5: 75 rupees
    W4: 100 rupees
    W3: 150 rupees
    W2: 175 rupees
    W1: 200 rupees

Description of Function: The caster may summon a single Phantom that will carry out the caster's commands to the best of its ability. An additional 45 rupees may be spent at any time to change what type of Phantom he can summon. Without this purchase, any summoned Phantom can only be a standard Phantom. The special types of Phantoms are listed thusly: Gold, which moves slowly but can instantly teleport to the caster's side; Wrecker, which has the ability to transform into a massive rolling boulder; and Swift, which can move more quickly than most unladen Hylians. If the caster has an Enchantment spell, such as the Fire Enchantment treasure, he may choose to have the summoned Phantom's weapon be so enchanted at the moment of creation. This spell can only be cast once every 24 hours.
  8. Ribitta

Done deal