Summer Video Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bitoko, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

So my Summer break has officially started, and as I always love to do during the summer, I'm going to be playing various video games and beating them etc.. So What I'm going to do is keep a list here of all the games I play and beat during the summer break. Anyone else want to do so with me? Just post in this thread! I think it could be fun to talk about the games we play and such.

Current Games I am playing:

Chrono Trigger (SNES)
    Links Awakening DX (GBC)
    Wind Waker (GC)
    Bioshock (Xbox 360)
  2. Seththeshadow

Seththeshadow New Member reg

I am resigned to playing on emulators, unfortunately.

Currently Playing/ Beating Ocarina of Time... after that I may move on to WW, or some other LoZ game.
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Let's see... Since approximately the start of June:
    • Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising (GBA) - Victorious the basic campaign mode. Fun.
    • Ninja Senki (PC) - Downloaded & beat. Amazingly satisfying classic platformer.
    • Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri / Alien Crossfire (PC) - Beat it for the umpteenth time, though this is the first instance I got Transcendence Victory (which is the most badass of victories).
    • Pokémon Type : Wild (PC) - Downloaded & beat with a few different characters on Hard. Fun and surprisingly polished. I should get around to beating it with the rest of the cast, too.
    • Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil (PS2) - Continued from a beat save file, and finally got 100% completion.
    • Mega Man Battle Network 2 (GBA) - Started up a new save file, playin' it on the go after beating AW2.
    • Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GBC: Emulated) - Pirated and playing. Figured I should try the only Kirby platformer I've never beat. It's alright, but far from the best of the series.

I'm planning to start up a new save file on Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (PS2), after the PS2 controller extension cord I ordered arrives in the mail.
  4. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Hm...I've been playing:
    Fallout 3 (360)
    Fallout New Vegas (360)
    Metroid Prime 1-3 (Wii)
    Mario Kart Wii
    Super Paper Mario (Wii)
    Pokemon Firered, Leafgreen, Emerald, and White (DS)
    Halo 3 (360)
    Halo Reach (360)
    Halo ODST (360)
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky (PC)
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat (PC)
    Divinity 2 Ego Draconis (PC)
    And lots of Minecraft (PC)

I've already beaten most of these to the point they are boring to me, so I switch to another game and get bored of that one too. Wash, rinse, repeat.
  5. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Well time for an update.

Since my last post here is what I've done:

Links Awakening DX: 3DS, Beat it. Great game, give it a 9/10.
    Cave Story: 3DS, Beat it. The final 4 bosses were tough, but its an amazing game. 9.4/10
    Assassins Creed: Xbox 360, Beat it as well. Its great fun but not too amazing. 7.9/10
    Assassins Creed 2: Xbox 360, Beaten. This is a VAST improvement over the first one. Loved this game, 9.5/10
    Assassins Creed Brotherhood: Xbox 360, about half way through. This game is basically the second one with some minor but cool improvements. Its awesome having multiple assassins to help you take out targets and the chain kills are sweet. Still, not enough to warrant a higher score, and since the campaign isn't as long nor is the story as engaging, it receives a 9/10.
    Ocarina of Time 3D: 3DS duh. AMAZING. I'm at the Forest Temple now, and I have to say, this game is incredible. Its classic Ocarina with a greatly improved art style and the 3d effect is rather awesome, its a lot better than in 2d in my opinion, so much that I'd say its a significant downgrade when in 2d. However there are some textures that should have been updated that were not, and there are some issues with the 3d at times. 9.6/10