Sub-account Avatar Tips

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Blonde Panther, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Where and how to get Avatars for your Sub-accounts

What's this, then?
    With Sub-Accounts now officially being mandatory, I would like to address an issue that some members, myself included, have voiced, and others might share but not have voiced: The avatar problem. Some of us don't like the idea of posting with a blank avatar, as it beats the entire point of the immersion in addition to looking unfinished.

That's when you come to this thread. I'd like to compile a list of sites, artists, and anything we as a community can think of, where we might be able to get avatars for our characters. If you know anything, just post here and I'll add it to the list.

Artists
    PLEASE NOTE: These artists are human beings, meaning they are sentient and have feelings. They have every right to deny your request and harassing them if they do is just poor form.
    • HC member Squishy has recently opened up shop. If you're nice to her, she might draw you an avatar. Chocolate, tea, and cats are all accepted bribes. (All races)
    • HC members SenpaiPancake and Blonde Panther have varying degrees of skill in the creating of semi-custom to custom headshots like the ones in the GBA installments of the Fire Emblem series. You could shoot either of them a PM if interested. (Hylians, Kokiris, and Gerudo)
    Character Creators
    Dream Selfie: A criminally cute and addicting character creator. As of writing this several established sub-accounts use an avatar from here. (Hylians, Kokiris, and Gerudo)

Fanart Sites
    • Safebooru and its brethren offer an enormous database of fanart where you can find anything if you know what to look for and you're lucky. Just enter what you're looking for: if you're looking for a male character with blonde hair, enter blonde_hair male in the search field. You can use up to three tags. (Should technically be all races)
      Please be careful! While Danbooru and Gelbooru have a larger database than Safebooru does, they are meant as NON-SAFE-FOR-WORK databases! Browse them at your own risk, and not when small children are in the same room! This is also the reason I will not be providing a link to them!
    • Deviantart has such an enormous community that I'd be surprised if you can't find SOMETHING. Be sure to ask the artist for permission before you use (part of) their picture, though. (All races)
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  2. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Awesome thread BP! Stickied.