Stone Tower Temple (Tsu, Squishy)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Squishy, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

TJ Fireslap, mighty fine Goron rapper (+40 rupees) + infinite swaggg
    Morgan Liesmith, annoying little bastard (+40 rupees)

Today he would finally climb the tower. Even though he said that on the previous six attempts as well. But today he was going to succeed for sure, Morgan could feel it in his bones. By the end of the day, that mountain of treasure would be his. All of it, every single last nugget of gold would be in his possession, who cared if he could carry it. Maybe he could even swim in it.

Morgan smiled at the thought of swimming through a sea of treasure, he was gonna be rich! He stared at the slope that formed the entrance to the tower and spat in his hands, ready to climb the damned thing. This time he'd reach the top of it, and not tumble down in a tangle of limbs, sand and dust. Today, lady luck would be on his side. Or so he thought.

He rand towards the slope, getting faster and faster, he had nearly reached it. And then he slipped. He stepped on a small pebble, slipped over it and made a neat face-first fall into the slope, sliding down until he was lying with his face in the dirt.

It seemed this was doomed to become the seventh attempt instead of the first success.
  2. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

TJ was walking with a hop in his step and a beat in his head. He was sent alone to go to a gigantic tower and kill some giant evil thing. He was warned by the Theta squad captain that it would be extremely dangerous and TJ was not to take it lightly. "Man." TJ muttered to himself. "Don't captain Lakim know that's what I call Tuesday afta'noon?"

The Goron reached the tower and saw a man immediately trip up the steps. He walked over to the guy, placing a giant hand over his head, and then gently lifting the guy to his feet. "Yo, lil' dude. It don't look like today's yo' day. Why don'tcha take a breather and let me take a shot?"
  3. Squishy

Morgan felt something grabbing him by the head and putting him back on his feet. His first reaction was to grab some of his needles, ready to attack, but then he noticed the gigantic goron behind him.

"'Take a breather'?" He asked indignantly. "I've been trying to climb this damned thing for ages! Now if they were only as smart as to make actual stairs instead of this stupid slope..." He grumbled, kicking the stone slope and nearly slipping again. He quickly regained his composure and eyed the goron suspiciously.

"And who're you anyway? Did one of my brothers send you to convince me to leave? You can tell 'em I'm not going anywhere until I've reached the top!" He huffed. "So, either you help me up here, or you can go and do whatever it is you do."
  4. Tsubori

TJ chuckled at the man's suspicion. "A'ight, passion for the game. I  can r'spect that. Not only am I gonna get ya up the slope, you can help me get to the tip toppa dis bitch if you're up for it." 

He then picked up the hylian, lightly tossing him up the slope into the entrance of the tower. When he then made it up, he extended a fist towards Morgan, smirking. "TJ Fireslap, Theta squad second Rank. You from 'round here or Castle town like me?"
  5. Squishy

Morgan bumped his fist against the goron's.

"Morgan Liesmith. Originally, I'm a Darunia guy. I'm gonna like you, aren't I?" He asked with a smirk. This goron seemed to be pleasant company.

He wandered into the massive gate and whistled when he saw the height of the construction in front of them. "My...That's a big one, eh? Looks like this ain't gonna be easy." He turned back to the goron. "So, what exactly is it that you do in daily life? Some sort of poetry? You seem to talk funny..."
  6. Tsubori

TJ laughed a little when Morgan mentioned his speech. "Well man, I'm what most people would call Keese-shit insane. You know all that crazy stuff that special soldiers have to do? That's what I do. And if imma be honest, that's my kinda shit." 

The Goron then looked up at the massive statue with one odd looking eye. "Oh, that's one'a them funky-ass eye-switches, ain't it? I'll climb up there if I gotta, but have you got anything to hit it with from here? I like getting high, but not like that, ya know wh'I'm sayin', little bro?" The guy said with a laugh.
  7. Squishy

"Yes, I know perfectly what you mean." Morgan said with a smirk. He had seen some of the residents of monster village smoke the remnants of certain plants, said to have strange effects on the mind. That, however, was something Morgan had never tried for himself. Then he looked at the eye the goron had pointed out to him. If he could get underneath it, he would be able to hit it. "Hmm, I might have a lil' gadget with me for these things..."

Morgan opened the satchel at his side and took out his hookshot. "If anything needs to be poked, shot or hit, this is your best friend." He approached the first floating block in a series of three, carefully jumping on it, and then to the next.

"Hey, goronbro, you coming?"
  8. Tsubori

TJ nodded as Morgan made it through the first obstacle, hitting the eye switch efficiently. "Man, you got what it takes to do this if you set yo' mind to it, lil' dude." TJ then thought for a moment.

"Y'know what? I can tell this tower's a grudge match for' ya, so despite my orders imma just cover you and help you up. If anything stands in the way..." TJ wound his arm forward and backhanded a wall nearby him, unleashing his signature ability. The wall within about a foot of his impact were annihilated completely, the rest of the wall collapsing inward and falling to the ground. "They get the ol' Fireslap. Sound good captain Morgan?" (my bad, couldn't resist xD)
  9. Squishy

"Captain Morgan? I like the sound of that!" They were now safely across to the other side, pondering the next step. Morgan stared at the remains of the wall TJ had just punched.

"Well that's impressive, mister! A grudge match, huh... That might be a way to put it. I've just gotta reach the top before I can go anywhere else, I'm not allowing myself to leave until I've seen the top of this thing!"

After a few more steep climbs the two came upon a group of switches. Stepping on them made blocks show up to get across a particularly deep chasm. Trouble was, the switches went back up as soon as you stepped off them.

"Right, my bro, now what?"
  10. Tsubori

TJ picked up the fragments of the wall that TJ had just smashed. "Easy, man! We got a simple fix for this shit." He placed the rocks on the switches, raising the bridges. "A'ight man, hop on." 

TJ picked up the hylian and put him on his back, leaping over the platforms. Upon getting to the other side and placing Morgan down, he beat his fist against his chest twice. "That's how we do it in the Goron hood! We break shit."
  11. Squishy

Morgan tried not to yelp in surprise and gripped tight to the goron's rocky back as the hopped from platform to platform.

"That Goron hood sure sounds like an interesting place." He murmered after TJ had dropped him off his back.

They were now at two-thirds of their climb to the top, and the outer tower was only the beginning. According to the rumours and legends, at the top was a whole labyrinth of puzzles, traps and monsters, guarding a treasure of legendary size, with gold and gems no man had ever seen before.

"Almost there, TJ. And then the real trouble begins." Morgan said with a lighthearted laugh. "Who knows what we'll run into there?"
  12. Tsubori

TJ nodded. "Yeah, Captain Morgan, the Goron hood is the place to be. If you can last there, you can last anywhere." Out of the corner of his eye, he saw one of those big-ass dragonfly things coming in to ram Morgan. 

"Boy, get yo' head down!" TJ jumped over Morgan, grabbing the bug with one hand. "Nobody attacks the buddies of the TJ FIASLAP!" He emphasized the last word with just that. He let loose a Fireslap onto the middle of the dragonfly, reducing it to a thin pink mist. The head and tail writhed around for a moment before the died. TJ dropped the tail, looking back to Morgan. "Eyes open, Captain."
  13. Squishy

"Oh, I've survived a killer disease, grew up in a box in the backalleys of Darunia and lived years on my own in Ikana. I think I can last in the slum-"

Suddenly TJ pushed Morgan down and hopped over him with surprising agility for a goron. Just in time he spotted the giant dragonfly, right before TJ punched it into oblivion. One second later and it had no doubt hit Morgan and pushed him over the edge into the abyss.

"Woah... T-thanks dude." Morgan stammered, staring at the place where the dragonfly had been a mere minute ago. "That'd have killed me if it weren't for you."

They continued up the tower, they were now at the top, the only thing between them and the entrance of the temple was the giant chasm in the middle of the tower. It looked like Morgan could get across with his hookshot, but it looked like someone with TJ's size wouldn't get across so easy.

"Shall I get across and search for a way in for you?" Morgan asked, getting his hookshot outmand aiming at a statue on the other side.
  14. Tsubori

TJ chuckled at Morgan. "It's cool, Caps, like I said. Ain't nobody touchin' the friends'a mine!" He then helped Morgan to his feet and the two continued on. 

When they reached the chasm, TJ looked around for a moment, then Morgan said TJ wouldn't be able to get across. "Damn, lil' bro, that sounds like a challenge."

TJ reached, pulling out his Pegasus boots. "Ain't nothin' my pony kicks can't handle!" He also slipped his Roc's feather behind his ear, getting into a sumo wrestler prematch stance. He then started shuffling his feet, after a few seconds exploding forward and jumping the chasm. 

Once he landed and stopped, he turned back to Morgan, laughing. "Now, you comin' or am I gonna have to go on alone?"
  15. Squishy

"Oh, don't ever dare to think you can get all the fun and loot in there!" Morgan took out his hookshot and nimbly crossed the chasm, landing next to TJ, right in front of the gate.

"Right. That's... spooky." He looked up at the giant entrance of the temple, shaped like a head with a gaping mouth as gate. Up here, the sound from the rolling boulders and moving blocks was just a faint rustle in the distance, drowned out by the howling wind, which added even more to the ominous feel of the temple. Something just felt... odd about this place. Morgan shook the odd feeling off and turned to TJ.

"Right, first one in gets the loot!" He said with a grin, and he ran into the temple.
  16. Tsubori

TJ followed Morgan in, chuckling to himself. “Man, I ain’t here for the loot. Have at, Cap’n.” When TJ looked around, he saw a giant statue, a few of the dragonfly things, and some weird critter with a bomb on it. The left eye of the statue was shut, with the right one being an eye switch. TJ walked forward, seeing one of the dragonflies charge at him, but the powerhouse just grabbed it out of the air.

“Morgan, that statue’s winkin’ at us!” He said, snapping the bug in two. “See if you can’t make that big ass face symmetrical!”
  17. Squishy

“Not for the loot? My, I’d think something’s wrong with yer head! Why’d you climb this thing? Surely not for the view…”

Morgan stopped next to TJ and looked at the temple’s interior. Of course there were monsters, this being Ikana and this being a place where probably a lot of treasure was locked away. And no one in their right minds would leave any sort of treasure unguarded. This did disappoint Morgan a little bit, somewhere, he had hoped the original owner of the treasures was stupid enough to think the tower was enough defense. But alas, the original owner seemed smarter than that.

Then he heard TJ’s remark.

“Winking? Well, can’t have that, can we? I don’t like towers winking at me.” He grinned, aiming his hookshot at the eye and shooting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.