Stink Seeds (and more)

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Squishy, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Seeing as botanists are currently being changed and Guy talking about them being able to make nerfs, why not have a go at this :tpr:
    Stink Seed (open)

Name: Stink Seed

Fields: Seed, Single Use

P/W/C Type: -

Appearance: A small, soft and round brown seed with a leathery skin.

Description of Function: While this seed appears harmless, once it's thrown, cut, split or otherwise opened to reveal it's orange insides, it spreads a smell so disgusting and pungent that it causes everyone in its vicinity to become nauseous, sometimes even to the point of throwing up. The smell also tends to repel animals and monsters.

Limitations: Since it's just a seed, the area of effect is not very big (unless you'd throw a whole bunch of them of course), let's say about 1 to 3 metres from the place where it was split? Also, since it works on smell, the one who throws/opens the seed is not immune to its effects, unless they wear some kind of mask or protection against smell.
    Acid Seed (needs a better name

Name: Acid Seed

Appearance: A bright, almost unnatural drop-shaped seed, with tiny green leaves the the thin end.

Description of Function: The sap of this seed has corrosive properties, biting into (through if it's thin or brittle enough) metals and skin. It can have various uses, from cleaning rust to attacking enemies, all up to the users creativity.

Limitations: There's not that much sap so it won't bite straight through armour or weaponry, more leave marks on it.

I can imagine a botanist would be able to extract the sap and concentrate it, making it stronger, or turning it into some kind of corrosive liquid that can be carried around.
    Sticky Seed (open)

Name: Sticky Seed

Appearance: It appears as a cluster of tiny, white seeds, feeling springy and slightly sticky to the touch.

Description of Function: When opened or squeezed out, the liquid contained in these seeds functions similarily to glue. It can be used to hold things together, glue small items (and creatures?) in place, or even used on living beings as a form of trap (think gluing someone's hands to an objects or eachother, smearing equipment with glue, etc.)

Limitations: Strong characters will probably be able to pull themselves out of the glue. Also, as for glued hands and stuff, the glue will gradually lose strength over a day or two, depending on how much was used and how concentrated it was.

Botanists can create stronger glue, or objects with glue-like/sticky properties?
    Barbed Seed (open)

Name: Barbed Seed

Appearance: A ball of black spikes (Think sea-urchins and those things from the windwaker that stick to Link)

Description of Function: These seeds grow on thorny bushes, and have the habit of attaching themselves to any objects they come into contact with. While a single one might not be that much of an obstacle, save for the annoying prickly feeling it gives as the barbs stick into skin and tend to go through most regular fabrics, it's very rare to come across a single one of these seeds. For some odd reason, they are usually found in great numbers, and tend to attach themselves in great numbers to hapless travellers and creatures, significantly weighing them down, unless pulled off. They are hard to shake off, usually only a movement with the force of a spin attack or just grabbing them and pulling them off will remove them.

Limitations: Won't stick on stuff like metal and rock? Barbs don't really stick into that.

Basically these are based on those things from the Windwaker that stick to you and where you have to do a spin attack to get them off. As for botanist, barbed stuff that hurts and sticks to people :tpr:
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

These all seem pretty cool. :tpr:

Stink Seed, in terms of effect, seems like the opposite of Scent Seeds. It might work in as a special effect that only a Botanist can pull out of Scent Seeds, if that's okay with you?

Acid Seed and Sticky Seed are both fun little treasures, and I imagine a Botanist could make some pretty potent elixirs out of them in the future.

Barbed Seed seems cool, too. Coincidentally, those little that stick to you in he Wind Waker are called Morths.

As you have probably guessed, I've been working on a bulk edit to crafting--including all the materials and Botany. Because of that, though, I probably won't add these treasures until that happens.
  3. Squishy

Sure thing c: I might think of more later on, I'll just throw them in here or make a new thread for them :tpr:

Also I had no idea those things actually had a name
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

When I initially planed out the new version of Botanists and their many seeds, I was intending to make all of these seeds in their own right. As time went on, however, it was becoming increasingly difficult to come up with alternate Seed Effects a Botanist could use. Acid, Stink, and Barbed Seeds can all now be made by a Botanist who uses Scent Seeds as a material. Meanwhile, Sticky Seeds can be made by a Botanist who uses Deku Nuts as a material. (There was already a treasure which made Deku Nuts sticky, so.)

Scent: http://library.hyrulecastle.org/index.php?title=Scent_Seed_(material)
    Deku: http://library.hyrulecastle.org/index.php?title=Deku_Nut_(material)

:tpr: Hopefully that's still alright? They are definitely cool ideas, and I'd of course like to hear more if you come up with any.
  5. Squishy

Seems okay? I don't really use seeds or botanists, so everything's fine with me :tpr: just thought I'd help out with thinking up materials and stuff