Stickied Threads Separated from Regular Threads

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Fcgfyv, May 31, 2013.

1. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

To me, it's slightly confusing for the stickied threads (the ones that stay at the top of the list) to be right next to the regular threads. I don't know about other people, but I feel like it would be slightly less confusing for people to have them separated in some way. That way, when viewing a thread where it's required/recommended to read them (ie. the RP threads), your eye will be directed to them instead of having to look through the threads.
  2. Aurelia

Aurelia unreliable and clumsy new

3DS Friend Code:
    3325-1925-7295
    I tried finding a "like" button for this but it didn't go to well x3

But yes, I agree entirely with this
  3. Fcgfyv

We don't have that, but you could suggest it! :XD:
  4. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

So, do you mean separated by space? Or what exactly? They're already at the top of the list of the forums they are in.

And if the like button is something everyone wants, I think we could probably code one in.
  5. Fcgfyv

Just have a space between them, because otherwise, when I'm looking for the top non-stickied post, I have to count past the stickied threads. If there was a space, I could find it easier.

If I could like this, I would. :lol:
  6. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

The like thing isn't a bad idea. I'd support it.

EDIT: Change my mind. Nope. No like button.
  7. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Are we facebook now? I'm not in favor of a like button. Last I checked this was a forum, not a comment section.

EDIT: As a more on-topic note, don't Stickies have different icons than normal threads do? I seem to recall looking at the first normal thread-icon instead of titles.
  8. Fcgfyv

You make a good point, but the like button should be for when an idea is shared that people like, so that's how they show they like it. There shouldn't be anything like "LIKE MY POST BECAUSE", to which mods can delete it thusly.

Another fair point.
  9. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

So, I've given it thought since my original post, and I think I change my mind. Nay on the like button, Yay on the seperating stickied threads.
  10. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

I'm okay with a visual separation of stickied threads. Against a like button; if you like a post, post your thoughts about it!

Yes, I'm anti-Facebook.