Stamina Siphon

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Tsubori, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Name: Stamina siphon

PWC: W and P?

Appearance: Hands crackling with magic, same as Melee magic.

Description: When the user activates their melee magic, they can utilise a strange effect that instead of dealing more physical damage, this ability can forego that extra damage to allow the user to attack the stamina of an enemy, adding it to their own. This makes fights of longevity much easier on the user, while adding no more mental strain than a normal melee magic attack.

Limitations: Requires Melee magic.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

My immediate thought is that this will negatively overlap with a pre-existing stamina-sucker, Vampiric Touch. The fact that VT is only reachable through DA would only make overlap worse. The main purpose of this treasure is to sap stamina, which is covered by VT. I'm leaning towards the "too much overlap," but I would appreciate another staffer's input.
  3. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

I'm not sure what else there is to input. Vampiric Touch already covers the bases for this submission's abilities, and given the nature of its effects (absorption of a living being's energies in a harmful manner) there's little reason to create a new treasure for non-DA users, as the effect is of a dark nature.