Stagnantness....esss

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Bitoko, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

So, what is up lately? We hit another funk didn't we? How is the Impa event going? Is it basically stuck? What about Jagon? We need to get some jumper cables in here and jump start HC again. I want to advance the plot but can't when the last RP post was over a week ago, whats going on people!?!

Suggestions and the like are all welcome and please, lets get HC to be an active RP community again!
  2. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    RAWERGERGERAGH!

Basically, Willow hasn't advanced the Jagon event (mainly probably because he started College) but also because no one was posting in the event accept for myself and Idarian. I still think Will should of just killed all the non-posters.

That is what's up with the Jagon event at the least.
  3. Idarian

Idarian Imperator of Known Space reg

Well, I've been waiting to be able to get my quest with Jon Augustus started. You guys haven't heard from me obviously, but I've been around quite frequently, just, and quite unfortunately, without anything to say.

First of all, I think numbers are a large factor in this, so definitely keep advertising HC wherever you/we can. However, we need to make sure we have established a backbone of regular users, namely those that we know to be at least semi-reliable. Many of those have stopped being active, or so it seems, so our first active job should be rallying those users back to us.

That's about it for my ideas. They probably aren't anything ground-breaking, but it's better than nothing.
  4. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

no one in any of my roleplays are posting. I went away for a week to move into my new house and when I got back the jagon event was frozen and since then no one has posted. i miss HC T_T I'm assuming it is getting HS syndrome it will die down for a month or two have a small resurgent in October only to hit a funk until January where it will go on average til may and pretty good during summer.
  5. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Suddenly, I remember the original event I suggested. You know, the one that could have been separate quests. You know, the one which wouldn't all be in one quest threatd, and then wouldn't inevitably be bogged down before its conclusion. Yeah, that lack-of-a-conclusion I warned Will and everyone else about.

I suppose saying, "I told you so," doesn't help much, huh. I would suggest either splitting the Jargon thing into separate threads somehow, or killing it and allowing everyone to free up their characters.

Aside from that mess, Will is busy with college, and most members are likely busy with some form of school or school-related activity. As for myself, I seem to have this pattern of alternating between a couple months of intense role-playing desire, and about a half a year of complete disinterest. Unfortunately for HC, I'm in the latter of the two states right now. I was hoping Tears of Ivalice or Pokémon Purple could bring me out of it, but as far as I can tell, there hasn't been anyway headway on either of them in ages.

Anyway, if you really want HC to be more active, I'd suggest you make it active yourselves by posting and role-playing. I'm pretty aware CJ is more than willing to RP with anything that moves at this point, but, Bitoko, you really shouldn't complain about people not role-playing when you never even do it yourself.

:yomp:
  6. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

I think to get this going we need to start by adding the links to the bar like we had planned. Second Idarian needs to post in his roleplay(please). Thirdly, CJ needs to RP with me cause I want to rp. :O Fourthly, mass email inviting people back like Spirit and all of his friends. I think some mod should do one of two things. A, kill those members that are posted as holding up the posting(and make them go through the revival rituals) and let the remainder finish off Jagon. OR Just send in the 'Calvary' and make us 'lose'. But that isn't fair to CJ who has been working his ass off. And me who left for a weekend and returned to this hold up. :U
  7. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    I love how Guy passes me off as some RP whore.

Anyways Chaos, if you want to RP, Belneth is probably free (since Toko hasn't posted in ages, lol). A few of my other characters I have to untangle from Seth before I can use them (and I haven't been looking forward to the prospect, XD).

So yah, just shoot me a PM Chaos if you wanna RP.

Oh, and Will should just kill off non-posters so we can finish the Jagon event.
  8. Guy

Guy Admin admin

I don't hear you denying it. :haa:
  9. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Actually, CJ, I was the last one to post in our thread and have been waiting over a month for you to reply in it. Its not my fault Belneth has been stuck, its yours lol.

EDIT: Also, life has turned hectic again for me so my schedule is pretty random. Dont know when I will and will not be able to be on haha. Anyway, the pokemon thing flopped because of this lol, but maybe we can do it in the future.

EDIT 2: Actually CJ, its been over 2 months since I posted in it... waiting for a reply :(

Very sad panda.
  10. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Wait, so the pokemon thing didn't start? Good, now I don't have to make up an excuse about why I didn't join after being so enthusiastic about it in the first place :D . (Going to join if it ever does happen though.)
  11. demo

demo New Member reg

I might wanna re-join the Jagon event since its not done yet
  12. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

I realize that there are no active mods. So how about promoting me or Eevachu to mods. We were both mods on HS(he an admin) so we have the responsibility factor
  13. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

I see no problem with it. Not sure if I'm an admin or not though, still confusing on that point. :P Would like to start RPing again though. I'll write up another character I think :)
  14. Guy

Guy Admin admin

No, adad, you're not an admin. Technically, neither am I. I'm just the guy who ends up doing good things for HC when he feels like it. I do possess admin powers, however, and no one ever minds when I use them. Considering I'm the only one with such powers who's shown up in the past week--really, I should stop lurking and start posting--I suppose this makes me the de facto individual to go to for things like this. (Ironically, I hate being an admin for that very purpose. Responsibility can be so annoying.)

I'll try to contact Will about the Jagon event. That's his business. As I stated previously, I'll have no direct part in events using the "stuff everyone into one thread" format.

As for your suggestion, Chaos, I realize this is not how things normally run... but see the new thread in Official Business.
  15. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Sorry guys, as stated in another thread, I've been super busy working for UPS and its really bad during the Holiday season. I may be pretty stacked till around christmas but i'll try to be more active. We need to get this place running again.