Sprite Time with Senpai

Discussion in 'Creative Works' started by SenpaiPancake, Nov 18, 2012.

1. SenpaiPancake

SenpaiPancake Shhh! I'm charging my laser... reg

Welp, I've had a bunch of free time on my hands, so I decided to try my hands and FE spriting. Most of you will have probably already seen these (Thank you to everyone who gave feedback that allowed these as good as they could be) but I'd still like to post em anyways. And if anyone wants to request any mug sprites, feel free to post em here!

Format
    [Character Name] - [Username]

Kassity - SenpaiPancake

[​IMG]

Aliza - SenpaiPancake
    [​IMG]

Ilyra - SenpaiPancake
    [​IMG]

Sven - SenpaiPancake
    [​IMG]

Ilsie - SenpaiPancake
    Adult
    [​IMG]

Child
    [​IMG]

Gerhamn - SenpaiPancake
    [​IMG]

Min'nei - Darth_Slaverus
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Estevan - Darth_Slaverus
    [​IMG]

Drake - Darth_Slaverus
    [​IMG]

Yue'shan - Darth_Slaverus
    Normal
    [​IMG]

Ninja
    [​IMG]

Randall - Clooby
    Normal
    [​IMG]

Armoured
    [​IMG]

Nails - WillowtheWhisp
    [​IMG]

Brunhild - Doc Genz
    [​IMG]
  2. SenpaiPancake

Big update! I've been reworking some old sprite/working on some new ones. So, check da first post bitches! :D
  3. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

I hadn't seen this thread at all :tpr: But those are some pretty amazing sprites Jarin!
  4. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Wow, I hadn't seen this thread either. Those are awesome Jarin. How do you do them? Are they by manipulating the official sprites?
  5. SenpaiPancake

Yeah, a lot of it is splicing together different pieces of sprites (for hairs, it would be say bangs from one sprite, ponytail from another, crown from a third, etc.) Sometimes that doesn't always work out, so a lot of time is spent overlaying the edges where the splices meet with existing sections to help smooth the transitions, or if I feel extra brave, taking the pencil tool, zooming in all the way, and going to town. (Fun fact, every sprite up there, with the exception of Ilyra and Drake, all have custom spliced hair.) Faces are also usually an amalgamation of different for sprites (eyes, nose, mouth, eyebrows, ears.) Armor is usually just recolored, though sometimes I add in a emblem here, a trim there, etc.
  6. SenpaiPancake

Just a small update today! In the top post you can now find Yue'shan, another one of the lovely Darth_Slaverus' characters! As well, I'm going to post the (hopefully) finished sprite of Doc Genz's Brunhild, though I have yet to deliberate with him on it, so it is subject to change!