Spirit Temple (Me and Spirit Adept)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Premium Chaos, Jul 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Rogue started on to the south, very deep in the desert, below any charted maps. Only Gerudo's could successfully find the Spirit Temple in such a dense wasteland while being pummeled by an unending sandstorm. She felt as if she was being followed, but it was no matter, not to many could keep up with her in this storm.

She searched for bodies to pilfer all the way to the temple, figuring she would find someone that was left for dead. Apparently the Dessert Colossus was a horrible place that did its own kind of cleansing. She was beginning to get weak and was about to enter the Spirit Temple for the night to get out of this storm until someone began approaching from behind.
  2. Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept New Member reg

For all the training and experience Kamalya had to keep control of her emotions, the girl could not help but let out a breathless gasp as she stood outside of what was some of the most sacred ground imaginable for her. This was more then just a simple Spirit shrine, this was the Spirit Temple. A physical representation of the element she worshiped. The sheer dedication it took to construct something like this in the middle of a wasteland was enough to take her breath away.

The temple itself seemed to beg Kamalya to complete its challenges. The construction of the place seemed to pull the Gerudo in, making her want to step forward and explore every inch of the place. Even inside her mind she could feel a drive to push forward, although she admitted that could be her own excitement more then anything.

Choosing to give into her desires, Kamalya walked up the few steps outside and into the temple itself. She had tolerated the storm outside in order to take a look at the Goddess of the Sand, but it certainly was a relief to get out of the wind. Partway through shaking the sand from her hair, she noticed that there was already someone standing in the middle of the entrance way. A fellow Gerudo she noted with a thin smile.

"What brings you to the Spirit Temple?" Kamalya called out and asked in what she hoped was a stern voice but was more warm and friendly regardless. She didn't expect to have company here, unless she was the Sage of Spirit. In which case, Kamalya doubted she be able to maintain a proper Gerudo attitude and would get a little giddy.
  3. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

A conflict arose as the Gerudo had to quickly figure out a lie to try to avoid suspicion. She knew she couldn't just say she is pilfering from the dead not to another Gerudo. "I have sinned, I search for forgiveness." Rogue was technically not lying, she has indeed sinned many a time. Though she doesn't wish to atone for them, nor does she plan on stopping. "Although I could ask you the same question stranger," she proposed in a joking manner.

She began to take off her shoes and pour the sand out of them. It seems like there was more sand in there than shoe. Where did her feet even fit. She then took her headband out and shook her hair out to get it nice and clean before putting the band back in to make herself presentable. Her clothes were kind of dingy but they would have to do for now as she had little water remaining and wished to use that for her travel out. She then looked in her battle and realized it was all gone.. this proposed a problem. Well lets just hope this place has some holy water, she thought to herself in a semiserious manner.
  4. Spirit Adept

Kamalya studied her sister for a moment before giving her a knowing smirk. She could see it in her eyes that something was amiss in her words, the priestess having spent more then enough time with her own kind to know what was a proper reaction to something and what wasn't.

"You sound like some Hylian male who's walked into a church to beg for forgiveness for tripping on someone's foot or some other nonsense." The jibe was meant as a good natured insult, something to show that Kamalya thought little of her excuse and to show that she was no simple fool herself. "But if you feel that it's too embarrassing or shameful to tell the truth about, I won't press it any further. It's not why I'm here."

Reaching into a pocket on the side of her vest, Kamalya pulled out a palm sized bronze medallion and held it out for the other woman to see the symbol of Spirit etched into it. "I suppose you could call this a pilgrimage of sorts, I'm training to become a priestess. And what sort of priestess would I be if I couldn't say I've completed the trials of the Spirit Temple?"

Kamalya watched for a moment before she pulled out her own canteen and tossed it to the other Gerudo. Normally she'd just figure that if you were stupid enough to run out of water in the desert then you deserved to be thirsty, but given the storm going on outside it was understandable that one could underestimate their water supply. She herself already had enough to drink, and if she needed more she'd just bleed some of the more then plentiful leevers dry that were out there.

Bloody things were everywhere out there...at least she wouldn't have to worry about starving.

"So what's your name, sister?"
  5. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Rogue poured some water into her canteen and tossed it back to the other Gerudo she didn't feel the need for her help. She knew Rogue was a fairly common name in the south due to her infamous thefts. She typically doesn't steal from the Gerudo so she was unsure of whether or not she had heard the story. "Haha, lets just say I've made way too many people angry at me. That's the reason I won't divulge my name to anyone, to protect my family. Most people have given me the name Rogue though."

She studied the architecture and was quite impressed. She wasn't used to many Gerudo things, leaving her home so long ago. Some stray sand had apparently poured in from somewhere it littered the air and made it fairly arid. She began thinking how shoddy this temple is. She really didn't know much about this place so she would probably end up needing the other Gerudo's help. She didn't wish to burn a bridge's so she politely asked, "And i suppose the polite thing to do would be to ask yours?"
  6. Spirit Adept

"Kamalya." The priestess said simply as she caught the canteen and put it back. She couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at Rogue who's choice of words seemed a bit strange. Since when has anyone accused a Gerudo of wanting to be polite?

"I take it you didn't grow up in the fortress, did you?" Kamalya asked after a moment to think, the rhetorical question itself being equal parts accusation and statement. She had never met a Gerudo that didn't grow up in the fortress before, she didn't know if she could consider this person to even be a sister. Was she trained the same way? Does she know how to act like a Gerudo?
  7. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Rogue thought tactfully at how to answer the question, "Ehh, I guess you can say I didn't have a typical Gerudo bringing up. I was raised here and there I guess you could say." She left the fortress as a youth for unknown reasons and wondered all across Southern Hyrule. Fairly dangerous time to do it with Ganon's seizing the south. She gained a lot of what I guess you would call, street smarts. "So I'm really trying to get in touch with what I am supposed to be. I felt it best to come here."
  8. Spirit Adept

A scowl formed on Kamalya's face as she learned that Rogue hadn't grown up in the fortress. For the briefest of moments she wondered if she should even be wasting her time on someone from outside the fortress. It was a brief doubt, born from her sense of pride that was quickly squashed by the memories of her half sister Anaella. Anaella was neither born to a Gerudo nor spent all of her time in the fortress, but the spirit priestess still thought of her as family. A woman just as trustworthy as any of her other sisters.

The look on Kamalya's face softened considerably as she realized that she had a golden opportunity here. The chance to teach and educate someone who was wronged by whatever it was that forced her to grow up beyond the walls of her traditional home. That was the job of a priestess, was it not? To teach, to educated, to preserve and spread the values of her culture.

"Very well then, Rogue." The spirit priestess nodded to herself and stepped off to the side. "Let's make this trial about you then. You want to learn what it means to be a Gerudo? Lead the way and learn."
  9. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

The sanctuary was lovely, pretty much every direction you look you would see something extraordinary carved in the walls. Ancient writing, paintings, and various other things that withstood the test of time was within these walls. It seemed difficult to move so Rogue glanced at her feet. Coating the ground was a light layer of sand. Sand that wasn't too bothersome but was enough to get annoying.

She had no idea what to expect but she assumed that the Gerudo women would be very crafty in protecting their temple. The way that the lady behind her acted it was as if they set it up not to protect the temple but to challenge the Gerudo lass that enter. She's never liked challenges but I guess it is something she has to deal with.

She stopped her acquaintance as she began to smell a faint hint of blood. The blood began to get more profuse as a ball of fire could be seen in the horizon lighting up the murky and dark corridors. They had a pack of hungry Dinolfos to contend with

Rogue stared down one of them as it shot a ball of fire point blank at the poor lasses face. Rogue covered her face but fell back as the fire scorched her arms. The cool sand put out the fire, but only just before the Dinolfos mounted her and began to slobber on her chest as he began to rip off her robe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.