Sonata of Soothing

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Blonde Panther, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Name: Sonata of Soothing
    P/W/C Type: Either Wisdom or Courage.
    Appearance: N/A.
    Description of Function: Heals minor injuries. Normally, it can heal shallow cuts, bruises, sprained ankles and the like. If the user has Specialty [Healing] or Specialty [Music], it can also heal broken bones and deeper cuts.
    Limitations: The song needs to be finished for the effect to kick in and is tiring for the user. It can only heal the wounds of one person at a time. I could put a limit on how often per day or per RP this can be used.

Description Suggestion (open)
    `Sonata of Soothing
    Original: Blonde Panther, skill – utility
    [Healing], [Music]

[Prices]

By pouring their magic power into this magical song, the user can heal the minor injuries of a single ally, such as cuts and sprained muscles. However, once the injuries have been healed, the user is left tired.

If the user has Specialty [Music] or Specialty [Healing]: The song can now heal slightly more major injuries, such as broken bones.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Looks good to me. It's not particularly powerful, so I don't think it needs a huge time restraint. Maybe just a "can only be cast once per hour" or even something slightly smaller than that.

[1/2]
  3. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I have a question, how long does the song take to play? And if, for instance, you were rushing to play through it because your group was in some particular sort of danger and needed to hurry, would it effect the healing? Say, for instance, that you put a lot of heart into the song and really felt it, would the healing be more effective? As opposed to being rushed and speeding through it? Just a thought. And I agree, I'm not sure it really needs time restraints if you have to complete the whole song. If it tires the musician out I think that's sufficient, say something like "it would take a musician with considerable willpower to play this song twice within a short time period" or something of the like.
  4. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I hate to define x seconds or x minutes of playing time. I understand why you would want an elapsed time, but I'm terrible with numbers and none of the other music treasures in the library have such timers set to them. I doubt the song would take longer than, say, the in-game Elegy of Emptiness (except with a lot less looking up which notes to play) or Bolero of Fire.

For the rushing and lowering the effectiveness, I don't know. I don't want to make it too powerful, you see, and if I put a correlation between effort and effect, I run the risk of Minstrel Nina healing internal bleeding if she takes her time singing it for her lover.

For the limit, I have no issues with removing the time restraints if the mods feel it is unnecessary. Once we figure stuff out I'll make the tiring aspect more clear in the description.
  5. Quill

1) I would say to remove the time restraints. Adding to what Toko said, this can only heal small things, so casting and recasting won't help someone fatally injured. I would just leave time restraints out completely.

2) The length of the song should probably be determined by RPers. The most we should include, I think, is an adjective which implies its length; some of the Songs have "complex melody" or something similar, but I would be fine with even that being left out. Time in RPing is different than RL and VG time, so it's not too terribly important.

3) I'm thinking that if it were decided that Toko's suggestion be implemented, rather than leaving it as creative license to RPers, it should be done as a "be warned: rushing through this melody will result in a reduction of efficiency" or something similar. I sorta like the idea: a healing song that's depowered if the player rushes. I would think that it'd fit better under a more serious healing, but w/e. As for the "heart" bit... I would rather leave that unstated for the RPer to do if they so desire.
  6. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Okay. How's this, then?

Name: Sonata of Soothing
    P/W/C Type: Either Wisdom or Courage.
    Appearance: N/A.
    Description of Function: Heals minor injuries. Normally, it can heal shallow cuts, bruises, sprained ankles and the like. If the user has Specialty [Healing] or Specialty [Music], it can also heal broken bones and deeper cuts.
    Limitations: The song needs to be finished for the effect to kick in and is tiring for the user. It can only heal the wounds of one person at a time. Loses effectiveness if rushed.

Description suggestion (open)
    `Sonata of Soothing
    Original: Blonde Panther, skill – utility
    [Healing], [Music]

[Prices]

By pouring their magic power into this simple, magical song, the user can heal the minor injuries of a single ally, such as cuts and sprained muscles. However, once the injuries have been healed, the user is left tired. If rushed, this song loses effect, but also tires the user less.

If the user has Specialty [Music] or Specialty [Healing]: The song can now heal slightly more major injuries, such as broken bones.
  7. Quill

Again, looks good to me. A nice addition to the Music spells, and a useful cross between Music and Healing. [1/2]
  8. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

[2/2] from me. Seems like a solid addition to the Music field with some room for creativity.
  9. Quill

Gonna go with Wisdom, if only because of the Life treasure.

How's this?

`Sonata of Soothing
    Original: Blonde Panther, Spell - Defense
    [Healing], [Music]

W5: 15 rupees
    W4: 20 rupees
    W3: 30 rupees
    W2: 40 rupees
    W1: 80 rupees

The musician can play a complex song which heals a single target of minor injuries; shallow cuts, bruises, sprained ankles, etc. This song must be completed in its entirety for the magic to work, and the more the player rushes the song the less effective it will be. It is tiring to cast.

If the player has either Specialty: [Healing] or Specialty: [Music]: This sonata is capable of healing more serious injuries, such as broken bones and moderately deep cuts.
  10. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I'm down with that.