Snowpeak Ruins

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Premium Chaos, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

It was a very cold chilly day as Sexton was wondering trying to find a way out of this winter wasteland.. He got caught in a chase and ran deep into this snowy region. Sometime people just don't take too kindly to you kissing their wife. Well it was null in this case, that will be the last kiss he gets if he doesn't find some shelter. He has to admit he is not alone, he has a Kokiri traveling with him. They haven't said much as it is nearly too cold to talk and they wanted to conserve their energy. As if some sort of blessing they came upon a manner.

They walked in and instantly saw a large staircase, with hallways forking around in two directions. Pillars are holding up the balcony from the upper floors. The floor seemed kinda slippery and the place seemed vacant. It was still really cold, but still cooler than it was outside. Maybe they should stay here for the night and depart in the morning to try to get out of here. "Sorry for the silence out there, what is your name and what brings you out here? I'm Sexton Hardcastle and I prefer to plea the fifth as to why I'm out here."
  2. Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept New Member reg

It was cold!

Piers had never lived through a cold day in his life...or at least a day as cold as this. There was white glittery snow everywhere and the wind was blowing and it was cold! The sun was out though, wasn't the sun supposed to make things hot? Why couldn't it make all this snow melt so it was warm again?

Piers decided very quickly that he didn't like snow. Not in the least. It certainly didn't help that the poor Kokiri was still clad in only his short sleeved shirt and shorts. At this point he had to cover himself with his arms and was shivering something fierce.

This was the problem with traveling through Lost Doors, Piers noted as he tried to keep his teeth from chattering. You never knew where you were going to end up.

It was a good thing there was a grown up traveling around who found him though. He didn't say much, but he looked every bit as cold as Piers himself did, so the Kokiri figured it couldn't hurt much to stick with him. Teamwork always made things better. Sure enough it looked like the guy was able to find some sort of shelter. Even if it wasn't warm inside, it kept that bitter winter wind off of their skin and Piers was all the more thankful for it.

"P-P-P-P-Piers..." He stuttered out as his teeth chattered from the cold. He really didn't feel like talking much but he knew it was rude to not answer when asked what your name was. Hopefully they could find a fire or something soon so he could warm up a bit. Being cold was no fun....no fun at all.

Despite feeling as if he was half frozen, Piers's ever alert mind was already making note of the surroundings and his new companion. It looked like a house, a...not very well cleaned house. There was ice in here, and the stairs were broken.

Also, what was this fifth and why would you want to plead to 20% of something?
  3. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

With the sputtering speech of his companion he could tell that he could tell that the Kokiri was much colder than him. He was in clothes not fitting for such weather, at least Sexton was wearing long sleeves. He took off his cloak and threw it to the Kokiri, "You seem to need this a lot more than me."

Sexton began walking around exploring the place, "We will stay here for the night and get warm then leave when the snowstorm died down," Sexton said in a stern tone, but it wasn't a confident one. He wasn't too sure this storm would ever end. He stopped as he heard some crashes coming from a room on the right, something was here with them. "Stay close," he said as they began going through a door on the right. The first thing they see is a fireplace but they can't stop just yet. It might be something to come back too though. The next door they walked into was the kitchen.

It had a counter in the middle of the room and a lone sink next to a foggy window. In the corner of the room was a stove that had nothing on it. A fragrant smell did fill the air though as if something had been proliferating through the room. Sexton eyed a huge pot and presumed that was the source. In such a time it was time to throw manners out of the window as he stuck his finger in the soup. He suspiciously stuck it in his mouth only to melt with the most amazing taste he had ever felt. It probably wasn't, but with the hardship he's had today anything would be phenomenal. "Eat up it's really good. I don't think it's poison, not that it matters. If we don't eat we may die anyway."

The door swings open as a Yeti appears massively walking through the door, "You're supposed to knock before you enter someones house. And I won't even begin to talk about how rude inviting yourself to dinner is." The Yeti stared back with cold eyes, but it probably wasn't his fault they were cold.
  4. Spirit Adept

"T-T-Thanks M-Mr. Se-Se-sext-t-t-ton." In truth, Piers didn't want to take Mr. Sexton's jacket away from him. While it was nice and warm, now Mr. Sexton would be could and it made Piers feel bad to think that he was going to make someone cold because he was cold. But it was rude to turn down gifts and he really was pretty cold. As soon as he warmed up, Piers decided, he would return the jacket to its owner. It was a bit of a struggle to put the jacket on, the Kokiri didn't realize just how frozen and numb his fingers had become.

Piers remained silent as he obediently followed Mr. Sexton from room to room, taking the time to study the details he was sure the grown up was overlooking as he moved around. It was little things, things you noticed when you grew up in a forest were you always were paying attention to the little things. The lack of dust on stuff, how neat and tidy everything looked, and the carpet looked like it had been walked on a great deal.

These weren't signs that this place was abandoned, they were signs that someone lived here. And that someone liked a clean house and to walk around on the rug a lot.

Of course, all the time Piers spent picking up on the little details that revealed signs of life was rendered pointless by the big huge red flag that was the pot of food Mr. Sexton found in the kitchen. Nobody ever makes food and just lets it sit there, someone had to make that food and probably very recently seeing how it was still on a hot embers.

"M-Mr. Sext-ton!" Piers called out, his stuttering getting better now that he was starting to warm up. "T-That's not yo-yours! W-We should ask p-permiss-ssion bef-fore we eat an-ny."

As if on cue, what appeared to be the owner of the house came barging through the doors rather angrily. And Piers couldn't blame him, he'd be a bit mad too if someone decided to walk into his home and start eating his food. But before Piers could say anything he couldn't help but stop and stare for a moment at the person standing before him. He was big, much bigger then Mr. Sexton, both in how tall he was and how wide he was. He probably weighed as much as a tree! He had a lot of thick fur though, Piers would have been tempted to give him a hug if he didn't look so angry.

Speaking of that anger...Piers could tell that the person wasn't a mean person. He looked upset, and he had a lot of sharp looking teeth, but there was a softness to his eyes. Perhaps...even a degree of concern or worry of some sort, Piers figured something else was going on and that's why they heard the big crash a little while ago.

Piers realized that he had been staring this whole time, and if he let his mouth hang open any longer a bird was going to make a nest in it. Shaking his head to wipe the look off of it, the small and young looking Kokiri boy approached the large beast of a man.

"I'm s-sorry..." Piers offered in a sincere apologetic voice, straining his neck to look up and not break eye contact. That's how grown ups said they were sorry, they always looked each other in the eye when they spoke. "We w-were c-cold and w-we need-d to get o-out of th-the snow...I'm s-sorry I di-didn't te-tell Mr. Se-Sexton s-sooner th-that this w-was your h-home. We-We'll le-leave if you w-want us t-to g-go."
  5. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Sexton was in shock that there was a Yeti standing before him. He merely stared, probably as long as the Kokiri did. He had his hand ready in preparation for if the Yeti attacked. The Yeti sighed as he began speaking, "It's alright I can't let you go freezing to death in my back yard. I'll be the one that has to pick ya up. You might make good soup though... ah regardless. The soup is for my wife who is sickly, though she has locked herself away in the bedroom, which would be fine but I have lost the bedroom key. Say, since I am letting you stay how about you doin' me a fav'r and find me the key while I perfect the soup."

He poured some of the soup into a bowl and handed it to the Kokiri, "Eat up there's plenty more where that came from." He then stared over at the Hylian with intense eyes once more, "You don't get any though."

"But why?" Sexton asked in a whiny tone but was answered only with a slam of the spoon into a pot and the Yeti mixing intensely. "Let's go Piers. We have to find this key." He then led his way through a door. Sexton didn't quite grasp how hard this would be or how big this mansion was.
  6. Spirit Adept

"Oh t-thank you!" Piers happily accepted the bowl of hot soup and sipped down a few mouthfuls to warm his body up. It did the trick and the Kokiri could feel the chills in his body practically evaporate from him. It felt good to not be cold any more, he was getting tired of his teeth chattering and his speech stuttering. With a bright cheery smile, Piers turned up again to look at his host.

"Thank you for letting us stay here mister. Mr. Saxton and I will go find your key for you, it'll be our pleasure. I lose important stuff too sometimes, so I know how you feel. I'm pretty good at making soup too, so if you want help with that I can do that too." The houseowner didn't answer him though, choosing instead to glare at Mr. Sexton and leaving them to their own devices. Piers knew what the glare was for and while it did seem like a fitting punishment, given the circumstances...

"Here, you can have the rest Mr. Sexton. Just don't tell him about it." Small hands held a little less then half full bowl up to share while Piers spoke in a hushed voice. "I'm full already and I don't want you to be hungry either. It's not fun being hungry."

The two pushed their way through the other set of doors in the kitchen which lead them into some sort of storeroom. Old worn crates lay frozen and stacked against one of the walls and in some of the corners. There were piles of scrap fur and discarded fabric laying in piles, which lead Piers to think this was a bit of their trash room. Trash room for scrap stuff only though, there was no smell of rotting perishable food or anything.

In the middle of the room seemed to be a big icy patch in a hole in the floor, where some crates, some ice boulders, and a button were, but Piers didn't pay any heed to that for the moment. Those crates were bigger then Mr. Sexton! It was going to take a grown up to push those around. Instead the Kokiri's perceptive eyes caught on to something in one of the scrap piles that made his mouth curl up in a smile. Hastily he took off Mr. Sexton's jacket and handed it back to him with a kind thanks before rushing off and diving into pile of junk. There was a moment of shuffling before he found and was able to dislodge what he found.

It was a slipper, a very very very big slipper that was meant for the houseowner probably. A slipper made out of a Wolfos by looks of the angry looking head that was on the front of it. Piers would have been more amazed by the fact that it took a whole Wolfos to make a slipper out of one, but right now he was enamored by the fact that it was just as big as he was. The heel was torn, there were holes up by the head, but what ceased to function as a slipper would work as proper winter gear for the small Kokiri. Piers wiggled into the slipper, his head fitting perfectly into the jaws of the Wolfos and turning it into a hood. With some string and a few extra scraps, Piers had fashioned together a coat tail and some sleeves to make a functional, if worn looking, winter coat that stretched all the way down to his boots and cover his whole body.

"Now we both can be warm Mr. Saxton!" Piers happily smiled as he ran back over to the grown up's side, looking a bit like a Wolfos cub who could stand on two legs.
  7. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

That has to smell funny, thought the Hylian but ignored it as he looked around at the room again while putting his cloak on. He took a step forward but slipped and fell onto the ice as he slipped across the room very slowly before impacting a crate. With a lump on his head he stood up and started complaining, "Stupid ice." He then decided to cipher through the crate and look for a key. But he came out of the crate covered in nothing but dust.

His eyes then laid upon a button, now Sexton was no fool by anymeans. However his gift comes with what seems like a curse, unwarranted curiosity. He stepped on the button that was on the floor and waited for what would happen. "Looks like nothing.." but those words no more than left his tongue as some creaking noises and racket started happening from the ceiling as Sexton jumped off the button quickly out of fear.

When he regained his composure he knew that whatever that button did could lead to the bedroom key so they couldn't let fear get in the way. Sexton grabbed the crate and started pushing it with all of his strength onto the button but it wouldn't budge. "Looks may be deceiving but I don't believe either of us can budge this crate, so we need to think smarter. If you remember how easily I slid across the ice, I believe if we both did it together we can slide this over the ice. Also if you notice there are pillars that line this room that are at very peculiar places, lets try to bounce off the pillars to get it to stand on that button."
  8. Spirit Adept

Piers took a moment to study the crate that needed pushing. It was still probably three times as big as the little Kokiri, it hardly seemed like anything he'd ever be able to move. But a quick examination of the floor gave him a little hope. It was sitting on a big sheet of smooth ice, probably a little stuck to it seeing how hard it was for Mr. Sexton to move it. If they got it going a little bit, it'd probably be a lot easier to move. Moving stuff was always easier to push.

"Hmm...I don't think I could be a lot of help by pushing it, but I bet if we run at it at the same time we can get it to move! You go stand over there..." Piers pointed to the wall behind the block, Mr. Sexton had longer legs so he'd have to start further away from the block if they were going to hit it at the same time. "And I'll stand here, and then we'll run on the count of three, okay?"

The Kokiri walked over to where he would start, smiling a bit at how fun this would be. It's just like a game of Red Rover back home with the other Kokiri. Only this time he'd be up against a big huge crate instead of his friends. But he had a big guy on his team, and every Kokiri that's ever played Red Rover always knew the team with the big guy was the most likely to win.

"One..." The counting was held out long, in the over dramatic way that most children counted to three with.

"Two..." Piers tensed up his legs and arms, dropping to a kneel to help push him off on his way.

"Three!" The Kokiri and the Hylian charged with all their might at the big crate, slamming into it at just the same time. Sure enough Mr. Sexton's idea work, and the crate was sent flying onto the other side of the icy floor. Now it was just a matter of them figuring out how to push the crate all the way onto the button if they could only push it in one direction at a time until it hit something. But that wouldn't be hard, Piers was already planning it out in his head where they needed to push the crate, and the other one on the floor as it looked like two would be needed.

"If we push this one to the right, and push the first one straight again, then all we'll need to do is..."

--------

A couple more shoves of the crates and the puzzle was solved. The crate sat on top of the button and held the door open for them to walk on through.

"Yay!" Piers shouted triumphantly as he rubbed his sore shoulder. The shoving was fun but...his shoulder was telling him it was time to stop. Hopefully it wouldn't turn all black and purplish like bruises do. The Kokiri opened the door and walked out into an area that was exposed to the outside again. That didn't bother him anymore though, not with his new fur coat.

What did bother Piers though, with disappointment visible on his face, was the fact that they did all that hard work and all it lead them to was a dead end. Ice blocked the path they needed to take and it didn't look like it was going to melt or break anytime soon.

"Awww..."
  9. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Sexton was fairly cold once again. He looked at how Piers was not cold like last time and thought that maybe the stench wouldn't be too bad. He saw a frozen patch of ice that blocked the other door on the other side of the manor. The icy wall seemed to make it even colder and Sexton seemed agitated and had seen enough. He turned around and glanced at the entrance he came through to see a large behemoth standing there, lurking.

He stepped a few feet forward as Sexton's eyes opened wider and wider. In it's hands it held a ball and chain, then as if it was nothing he swung it over his head rapidly. As swiftly as he spun it he flung it right at Sexton, I guess due to him being the more threatening looking of the two. Sexton narrowly jumped out of the way as the ball and chain smashed through the ice behind him crushing it to pieces. He then retracts it back to him and whistles. Little is known as to know he did it, until you hear several howls back. Three White Wolfos joined the fray as they started circling around the Kokiri who they thought was mocking the Wolfos by wearing one of their brothers.
  10. Spirit Adept

"Uh oh..."

Piers watched with anticipation as he watched the really, really reeaaaalllly big person walk forward and attack Mr. Sexton. That ball and chain looked like it would hurt a lot to get hit by, he really hoped Mr. Sexton would be alright going up against him. Piers wanted to help, but it looked like the really big person didn't want him to. With a whistle he called for three White Wolfos to show up and beat him up. They wasted no time in circling the Kokiri, their hair on end while they growled menacingly at him.

"Hey...we don't have to fight, alright?" Piers swallowed nervously as he tried to talk to White Wolfos down, but it didn't do any good. Wolfos never listened like a normal wolf would. A Wolfos always attacked, even when it wasn't hungry, or scared, or worried. They attacked people because they were monsters and monsters never liked to listen to the Kokiri. He might have been able to handle one, but three? It was going to take one heck of a plan to get out of this one.

Fortunately for the Kokiri though, plans were a specialty of his.

Just as the White Wolfos were about to attack him, Piers ripped a deku nut out of a pouch on his belt and tossed the thing at the ground as he closed his eyes. With the monsters blind now, he was free to turn his attention to the really big person. His back was turned to the Kokiri, so he took the opportunity to climb up the back of his armor and sit on his shoulders. The really big person was too busy with Mr. Sexton to notice the far too light Kokiri that was hanging on his armor soon enough to do anything about it.

"Hey you big dumb....bucket head!" Piers struggled to find something insulting to say as he pulled out a few more deku nuts and jammed them down the neckline of the armor, in between where the helmet and chestplate met. With as much strength as the perpetual ten year old could muster, he pounded his fists into the loose bit of the armor. Piers knew from experience when a deku nut went off in your hand, it stung a lot. Hopefully between the name calling and a lot more deku nuts it would be enough to grab his attention.

Sure enough, the really big person growled in frustration as the deku nuts went off and swung an arm wildly at the Kokiri on his back, successfully sending Piers to the ground. The fall nearly knocked the wind out of him, and scraped up his hands a little bit, but he didn't pause to worry about the pain. He had the really big person's attention and now it was time to use it. Piers stood up and quickly threw himself to the side as fast as he could as the chained ball came sailing at him. It missed the intended target by just a hair and kept going...

...right into the pack of White Wolfos who were still recovering from the blinding effect of the deku nut.

Piers pushed himself up to his feet as the chained ball slammed into two of the White Wolfos, their bodies burning away in blue flames as they disappeared into nothingness. A ting of fear shot through his mind when he realized just how powerful that weapon had to be if it could destroy two White Wolfos in just one shot. He didn't want to thing what it would do to his poor body if it hit him...

Hopefully it wouldn't though, Piers hoped Mr. Sexton could use the distraction to get an attack in on the really big person while he played cat and mouse with both the chained ball and the last White Wolfos remaining.
  11. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

The Kokiri was lucky that is for sure. A shot from that would break some of his own bones, he shuttered at what it would do to such a small body. He knew that he couldn't dawdle though, every second wasted is just one more second his friend was in danger. He took the bow off of his back and got an arrow. He touched it to his pendant and within seconds his arrows tip started glowing a light blue hue. Sexton didn't touch it but it was colder than any of the ice around him.

He steadied the arrow in the bow waiting for a good time to strike. His idea would be to strike the head of the beast and then shatter the frozen helmet with a stiff kick exposing a weakness. Though he didn't have time, showing little to no remorse for his fallen comrades he started swinging the ball and chain over his head. Sexton didn't have time for his plan so he aimed once more and closed his eyes, firing at the new target.

The new target was the foul beasts forearm, The arrow pierced the armor luckily freezing it and severely hurting the arm. The Ball and Chain thus went flying throw the second story window of the house crashing through stuff. Sexton was a bit distraught he kinda wanted to add that to his inventory, alas it was probably too powerful anyway. He had bigger concerns, a giant beast that was easily five times as powerful as him.
  12. Spirit Adept

Piers couldn't help but cringe as the chained ball went flying through a window of the house. The housekeeper wasn't going to be very happy about that...

But right now wasn't the time to worry about something like that. There was a White Wolfos chasing him down and he really needed to focus on not getting eaten. It was rushing at him faster then he could run so he needed to think of something really fast, he was still laying on the ground and wouldn't be able to get up and run away quick enough! Piers figured the beast would be ready for another deku nut attack, he'd have to try something else instead. The little Kokiri reached into his pocket and instead pulled out his deku leaf, giving it a quick flap at the White Wolfos.

Two things happened at this time. One was the the White Wolfos skidded back a good few feet and stop its charge from the blast of wind the leaf sent at it. The second was that the much lighter Piers flew back into the wall behind him with no small amount of force. He smacked his head and began to see stars in his vision as he felt some snow plop onto his face from the roof above. The roof had a lot of snow on it, Piers realized he was lucky the whole thing didn't fall on him.

Or was he?

A thin smiled stretched across Piers's face as he thought of what to do next. The White Wolfos had recovered from his attack and began charging again. Instead of trying to get up, Piers aimed his leaf upward at the lip of the roof. If a tiny child bashing into the wall was enough to make a little bit of snow fall on him, then a whole blast of air should do a lot more he figured. Sure enough, just as the White Wolfos was leaping through the air an avalanche of snow buried the two of them in a far sized pile. Piers was able to use his deku leaf to shield himself and blast a way out once he managed to make enough room for himself to swing. The White Wolfos, it seemed, was far less lucky. By the time it had managed to get its head free Piers was standing there with a single pebble loaded into his slingshot and aimed at it. One shot to the side of the head was all it took to knock the creature out.

Safe now from the last White Wolfos, Piers turned to watch Mr. Sexton and see how he was doing. Hopefully much better then himself, Piers could feel a headache starting and it wasn't going to feel good at all.
  13. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Admittedly he did want to know how the Kokiri was fairing, but Sexton knew that if he took his eyes off the Darkhammer, even while weaponless, could be the last thing he ever sees. It was almost as large as a Darknut, and it might look meaner than one. He actually thought it was a Darknut until his arrow hit the beasts arm and shattered his armor. He plainly saw scales, whereas Darknuts were very hairy as if they were a werewolf. He then realized that the beast had an exposed tail and saw it as a prime target.

The Darkhammer began his, albeit slow, charge to Sexton and slammed his fist down with vengeance, throwing up snow everywhere. Sexton slid to the side just to dodge it and ran for the tail. Sadly Sexton slipped and slid to the tail, kicking snow at the tail as he got to his feet. The armored reptile was obviously cold blooded as the snow seemed to paralyze him for a moment before the beast dealt a heavy kick to Sexton's chest knocking the poor Hylian to the ground for the count. The Darkhammer quickly turned around as Sexton made a snowball and threw it at the helmet. The helmet had great defenses, but even lizards had to breathe and that was the undoing of the Darkhammer.

The snow fell through the rungs of the helmet as the Reptile began to moan in pain as it lost balance and tripped, Sexton used this opportunity to put his dagger into the Lizards backside. First he grabbed his Ice Enchantment and the dagger froze with the light blue hue his arrow had. In a swift motion Sexton closed his eyes as he slammed the dagger deep into the monster hearing it groan until it met it's last breathe.

Sexton looked behind him glancing at Piers to see if he was doing okay before chuckling. "Silly thing why would a cold blooded animal come to a place like this. Maybe that was why he was in the armor?" Sexton tried to joke around about it to add humor to the situation. He didn't like having to kill a monster, but alas he knew it had to be done.
  14. Spirit Adept

"If he's cold blooded, maybe he likes the cold?" Piers attempted to helpfully offer an answer to Mr. Sexton's question, failing to understand both the joke and the concept. It was plants that the Kokiri studied, not animals, so he had no idea what warm or cold blooded meant. Well, other then it was something grown ups called each other when they thought they were being mean. In which case, then the really big person was very cold blooded. But then why Mr. Sexton unsure if the really big person was cold blooded?

Piers shook his head to clear his mind and stop his headache from getting worse with over thinking. Grown ups could be so confusing sometimes...

"The dead end isn't a dead end anymore at least!" Returning to his earlier and more usual cheerful nature, Piers pointed at the now cleared away ice that the chained balled destroyed. "Now we can keep looking for that key."
  15. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

They walked through where the fall was careful not to step on the glass like shards of ice that were scattered everywhere. When they entered the next room it was small, and there was a chest in the center of the room nothing was around it. It seemed almost too suspicious, but Sexton walked up to the chest and opened it up almost certain that the bedrooms key would be in here. He opened it and inside was a bag that can hold things.

He looked inside and there were lots of little herbs and spices. When he removed them they became much bigger. It seemed like the bag dumped items into another dimension. "This is cool, hey you should ask the Yeti if we... I mean you can keep this and then give it to me. He doesn't seem to like me too much.."

He was still overly suspicious that something was amiss in this room but he must be forgetting this isn't a boobytrapped temple but someones house. Sexton walked over to the door and tried to open it. He had a tiny freak out when it wouldn't open before realizing it locked from this side. When the exited they seemed to be behind the staircase in the first room. "Hey while we are here lets go see the Yeti."

~~~~~

Sexton was kind of headstrong assuming the Kokiri would follow. "Hey we found this and it has a lot of spices in it that you might can use to make the perfect soup."

"How did you get in my storage room I lost that key long ago?" He questioned as he began to stroke the fur under his chin as if it was a beard.

Sexton and Piers explained everything to the Yeti and he was fairly astonished.

"Well first of all those Wolfos were me pets. You didn't have to go around killin' 'em. I'm not sure were the lizard come from but I know of the wall of ice, it has kept me out of that room for years. Pipe busted, water went ev'rywhere." He seemed relieved for a moment before a look of anger hit his face. "But you owe me 40 rupees for that window you busted."

Sexton didn't want to disgruntle the Yeti so he handed over a few red rupees, and started to nudge Piers to speak up about the pouch.

(The pouch is my treasure to whoever grades this. 20 rupees for the dungeon - 40 from my pocket = Compaction Pouch at 60 rupees.)
  16. Spirit Adept

As they moved to go to the next room, something caught Piers's attention out of the corner of his eye. The really big person seemed to have some sort of pouch tied to his belt. In and of itself it wouldn't have struck him as out of the ordinary, lots of people used pouches to hold this, but this one looked different. It wasn't made from leather, it was made from plant fibers. Spun roots or something of the sort possibly. It was a meticulous and difficult way of making a pouch, but if you used the right plant it was possible to make something very special, something magical...

A quick examination confirmed the Kokiri's prediction, it was a seed pouch! Willed to the brim with frost seeds, appropriately enough. The pouch needed to be special, it had to be able to keep all the cold inside so it didn't freeze over and crack. Since he doubted the really big person would need the pouch anymore, Piers took it and added it to his belt. Now he had some ammo for his slingshot that had a little bit more bite.

------

Back before the house owner, or yeti as Mr. Sexton liked to call him, Piers found himself thinking a great deal about the 'pets' the house owner kept. The wonder itself visible on his face as his mouth hung open very slightly while his eyes were wide open like he was surprised. Sure the house owner was big, he could probably keep a bear as a pet and still be fine! But Wolfos...Wolfos weren't animals. They couldn't be tamed, they couldn't be domesticated. They were monsters, monsters that sought to kill things just for the sake of killing things. They were evil...

Piers couldn't bring himself to apologize for getting rid of them though, and wisely chose to remain silent on the issue.

Before he knew it though, Mr. Sexton was nudging him and Piers realized what he wanted. With a start the Kokiri looked up at the yeti and offered a bright smile. "Oh! We found a pouch in that storeroom that was pretty neat. I was wondering if you would be alright if you let us have it. I have some rupees to buy it with if you'd like."

Piers pulled out three blue rupees and held them out for the yeti. He wasn't particularly good with money, Piers never understood how anyone determined how much everything was worth. He just hoped that it was enough for the house owner to let him have the pouch so Mr. Sexton could have the pouch.

"Oh uh...I found an old slipper in the trash by the way. I didn't want Mr. Sexton to not have his jacket so I used it to make a coat. I hope you don't mind too much...I could pay for that too if you wanted."
  17. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

"My name is Yeto by the way. Neither of ya bothered to ask so I thought I'd best to tell ya. That pouch is worth a very pretty rupee much more than what you are givin' but I'll let ya have it cause ya brought me all of these spices. Yeta is gonna be so pleased with me." the Yeti seemed almost happy for the first time since they arrived. Despite them destroying his house. "That key might be upstairs."

The two adventurers then go off in search for the key as they were up the stairs Sexton thanked the Kokiri for the bag asking "Do I owe you anything?" He didn't really have any money to give probably a little less than what the Kokiri gave for the bag. It was very strange, everything was tiny when it entered. It was unimaginable all the things he could fit in there? He placed his magic rod in there he got from the swamp he felt awkward with it constantly prodding him in the leg.

They finished climbing the staircase, there were a lot of rooms they could go into but they were all fairly uneventful. Most were guest bedrooms. There was a nice library in one room. But no real key they turned down the next hallway and strangely enough it was eaten away as if it had some serious termite damage. It didn't look too sturdy and Sexton didn't want to risk spending any more money. Could termites even live in the cold? There was a ceiling lamp hanging down like a very primitive ceiling fan dangling on a chain, that seemed like about the only way to help them get across, but Sexton was much hoping that the Kokiri would find another way. with his luck though he will walk right across it without fear and make Sexton look bad.
  18. Spirit Adept

"It's okay." Piers offered happily as they walked out of the room together and he handed the pouch over to Mr. Sexton. "I have more rupees at home, I don't like to carry a lot because they can get kind of heavy for me. Besides, they make for some pretty decorations in my tree house!"

There wasn't a whole lot in the next few rooms they explored, which was both good news and bad news for the young Kokiri. He was glad he didn't have to fight any more monsters, he didn't like having to fight anything, but it also meant that they hadn't found the key yet either. The house was really really really big, Piers was starting to wonder if they were ever going to find the key before bedtime. Maybe Mr. Sexton could keep looking for it if it came to it, grown ups could always stay up later then he could.

"Hmm..." Piers thought for a moment as the stared at the broken hallway. Mr. Yeto was not very good about keep his house very neat, there was broken stuff all over the place like this! The problem was getting Mr. Sexton across, Piers had his deku leaf that he could glide across with, but if he used it then Mr. Sexton couldn't use it. And if Mr. Sexton used it, then Piers couldn't use it.

"Do you have some rope Mr. Sexton?" The Kokiri asked with a bright smile as he thought of an idea. "I could glide across with my deku leaf and hold on to one end of the rope while you hold onto the other. Then I could tie the rope to the leaf and let you use it so you can get across!"
  19. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

"I have a better idea," he said as he pulled out his magic rod. "This will probably drain my chances of mounting any kind of offense against a monster for a while."

The Magic Rod began to glow in a blue hue as he shot it at the floor, after several minutes the floor was covered with a sheet of ice. It wasn't quite as straining as he originally presumed due to it being so cold but he should probably take it easy for about thirty minutes or so. They began to walk across the ice while Piers had no problems it was Sec that had so much trouble. He stepped on it and his weight started to make the ice collapse. The cracks in the ice then spread like wildfire across the sheet of ice. Now it was pretty much a race.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.