Smoke-Bomb

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Razgriz, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Smoke-Bomb
    Original: Razgriz, Magic-Tier - Defensive
    [Stock] or [Single-Use]

W5 or C5: 20
    W4 or C4: 30
    W3 or C3: 45
    W2 or C2: 65
    W1 or C1: 100

Or 5 rupees each

The stock treasure grants the user an effectively infinite supply of smoke-bombs, they are assumed to resupply between RPs. The bomb itself is roughly the size of a child's fist and is made of a thick paper shell with a compound inside designed to produce a large amount of smoke when ignited. The bomb takes between 5-10 seconds after igniting to fully exhaust, at the end of which is a cloud of smoke which is impossible to see more than 2 feet into and is about 7 metres in radius and lasts about 5 minutes (in optimal conditions); things like wind and air movement will reduce both the size and duration of the cloud, while using it inside or in a similar environment will increase the radius, as less smoke is needed to fill the space.

However, these bombs become useless if wet, even after drying (If you have a supply, than you restock between quests); thus they can't be used under-water. Also the smoke is entirely safe and mundane, and thus won't harm those in it unless the smoke is so dense that oxygen is severely reduced.

If the user has Deku nut supply, Deku nut, or Deku nut production and Wisdom 2: By using the nut's shell as well as some of it's flash compound, the smoke bomb releases all it's smoke on impact, increasing it's effectiveness. Furthermore, the bomb will now survive contact with water, but may still not be used underwater, as well the flash is suppressed by the smoke it releases and has no effect.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

We've already got a Smoke Bomb treasure.
  3. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Umm, Quill, I think told you over the CBox, this treasure has existed (and been approved) for months; and the other smoke bomb treasure is only available to bomb-makers.
  4. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

My answer to the first one is "it hasn't been in the Library; officially, it hasn't existed." My answer to the second is that if you want a smoke bomb treasure, instead of making a new one, to propose that the Bombcraft's Smoke Bomb have an alchemist-like "5r if you're not a bomb craft" or something similar.
  5. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Bombcraft, like other "class-professions," is effectively being disassembled into its parts. Outside of that, I searched the thread for smoke and found nothing.

Prior to reviewing this thread, I ended up adding Smoke Seeds (or Smoke Bombs), which is remarkably similar to this treasure. I guess great minds think alike.