Skulltula Paste

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Quill, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Name: Skulltula Paste

P/W/C Type: N/A

Appearance: A jar of gooey white paste.

Description of its Function: The user can coat nearly any surface with this material, rendering it so sticky that only a very powerful force can remove something trapped.

Limitations: Washes off completely with water.
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

General is fine, but by "powerful force" do you mean like a sledge hammer or something like a powder keg? Also would this be a supply or a per-unit-purchase (or both)?
  3. Quill

If by that you mean "a force comparable to..." I was thinking something like "it would take a rather strong person spending a few seconds tugging to un-stick something." If you've got better ideas, though, I'm happy to hear them. I didn't actually have anything very specific in mind.

As for the supply / single-use... I would say both; unless you think that this is too powerful to be a Supply (like in the case of Pegasus and Gale Seeds).
  4. Ribitta

I like that power comparison, and I don't think it renders it too powerful to be a supply. Sounds good.
  5. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Um, how is someone supposed to apply this stuff to a surface without it sticking to their hands or clothing or something?
  6. Quill

I'd imagine that someone would use a brush or something to apply the paste.
  7. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Alright then. I'll approve of it.
  8. Quill

Cool! Here's a compilation of things so far, to make it easier on whoever ends up drafting this treasure's entry.

Name: Skulltula Paste

P/W/C Type: N/A

Appearance: A jar of gooey white paste.

Description of its Function: The user can coat nearly any surface with this material, rendering it so sticky that it would take a rather strong person spending several seconds tugging to remove something trapped. This can be bought either as a Supply Treasure or as a Single-Use treasure.

Limitations: Washes off completely with water.
  9. Quill

How's dis?

`Skulltula Paste
    Original: Quill, Magic Tier - Utility
    [Disable], [Organic], [Single-Use] or [Stock]

To Obtain a Stock

P5: 20 rupees
    P4: 30 rupees
    P3: 40 rupees
    P2: 50 rupees
    P1: 60 rupees

Single-Use

10 rupees per jar.

This jar of gooey white paste can be used to coat nearly any surface with a goo so sticky that it would take a rather strong person spending several seconds of tugging to remove something trapped. This treasure can be bought as either a Single-Use treasure or as a Stock treasure, which would supply the user with an effectively limitless amount of paste that need not be replenished. Water completely washes this paste away.
  10. Ribitta

The more I think about this, the more I feel it should be courage based. Thoughts?
  11. Quill

My thought process for Power was "this forcefully keeps whatever hits the pasted object trapped and requires strength to remove." It just seemed to me to fall under Power's description, that of brute force, more than Courage's, that of intuition, willpower, and agility.

What are you thinking for Courage?
  12. Ribitta

This strikes me more as a Courage treasure because it causes things to behave in ways they shouldn't. It breaks the natural laws of things with a sort of instant glue, and while you might need some power to overcome it, in terms of the actual usage it strikes me more along the lines of cunning or using your wits.
  13. Quill

Makes sense. How bout dis?

`Skulltula Paste
    Original: Quill, Magic Tier - Utility
    [Disable], [Organic], [Single-Use] or [Stock]

To Obtain a Stock

C5: 20 rupees
    C4: 30 rupees
    C3: 40 rupees
    C2: 50 rupees
    C1: 60 rupees

Single-Use

10 rupees

This jar of gooey white paste can be used to coat nearly any surface with a goo so sticky that it would take a rather strong person spending several seconds of tugging to remove something trapped. This treasure can be bought as either a Single-Use treasure or as a Stock treasure, which would supply the user with an effectively limitless amount of paste that need not be replenished. Water completely washes this paste away.
  14. Ribitta