Sir Callad Bolge

Discussion in 'Accepted Characters' started by Knight_of_G, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Knight_of_G

Knight_of_G Member reg

Name: Sir Callad Bolge

Race: Hylian

Place of Origin: Hyrule Castle Town

PWC: 3/2/3

Treasures:
    -Spin Attack (Free)
    -Sense (Free)
    -Hero's Legacy (Free)
    -Bomb Bag (-60 Rupees)
    -Helm Splitter (-25 Rupees)
    -Shield Ring (-8 Rupees (Curiosity Shop discount))
    -Ice Gem (-4 Rupees (Curiosity Shop discount))
    -Horseshoe Ring (Free, Holiday Moblin's gift)

Remaining: 3 Rupees
    Height: 6'

Weight: 187 lbs. out of armor, 212 lbs. while wearing it.

Equipment: Steel Longsword, Chainmail Shirt, Steel Greaves and Vambraces. Recurve Bow and Iron-tipped arrows.

Appearance: Standing at six feet tall, Callad, or 'Cal,' is notably muscled. However, his body is not top-heavy in terms of muscle, shoulder breadth, etc. His face is angular, with green eyes, a hooked nose, long, sandy blonde hair, and he's decided to grow out his mustache and goatee. As far as birthmarks go, he has one on the base of his neck, and one on the back of his right knee. He has a hideous scar on his right arm, formerly his dominant arm.

His lowest layer of clothes are a pair of skintight elastic shorts and a long-sleeved white undershirt. Next is an ivory pair of baggy pants, leather socks, and a ring-mail shirt with sleeves cut off at the elbows. Over that is a green tunic cinched at the waist with a leather belt, a baldric sweeping up over his left shoulder. His black, leather boots come with inlaid greaves and sabatons, and gloves adorn his callused hands. Etched steel vambraces cover his forearms. A longsword hangs off his right hip. A bow and quiver hang off the back of his baldric. Completing the outfit is a black cloak with a hood that can encompass his whole head, all but his face, and anywhere in between.

Personality: Given to thinking fondly of his time in the Hyrulean army, Callad is a soldier-turned-mercenary/wandering knight. He is disciplined to wake at the crack of dawn, and he will, inside or out, windows or clouds. He has a filthy mouth on him, and he harbors a festering hatred of moblins in particular. He is a loyal friend and is quick to trust.

Residence: Once a bed in the barracks in Castle Town, now it's wherever he happens to rest his rump.

Pet: Wants a Falcon. Currently doesn't have one.

Backstory: "Guardsman Callad has just taken a debilitating blow to his right arm, and so will instead be using his weapons in his left hand instead, if at all. If necessary, a shield can be strapped to his right arm, but I advise against it. For better or worse, his days in the formal Guard are over and done." The voice was cold, clinical. Precise and exacting. He pronounced the man's condition as if he were discussing the weather.

"But Doctor!" protested someone at his side, distressed.

"No ifs, ands, or buts, sir. I do what I do because I am a surgeon, and I don't waste words in dealing with my practice. You may take some comfort that I managed to save that arm from the amputee's block." Callad didn't remember the rest of it. He'd barely come conscious for that one tidbit of conversation at all.

He was twenty, and had a very promising future ahead of him in the guard. There'd recently been a skirmish with some moblin raiders near the border, and he'd been with the group dispatched to deal with them. The end of the fight was a blur, but he was alive. He'd lived through it. It'd be all right.

How wrong he was.

Upon the first week after he woke on his own will, a man approached him and his friend, who had been visiting when he could. He delivered a message that Callad was to report to a knighting ceremony, and that he was honorably discharged from formal duty with the Guard.

He mourned his misfortune. Thanks to a Moblin spear, he could not lift his arm past his shoulder, and thanks to this newfound handedness, he could not properly function in a shield-wall phalanx, the most common defensive technique.

He was given a scouting commission and a pass permitting entry to most restricted-access areas of Northern Hyrule.

He spent the next year relearning how to fight, and the year after getting used to the life of a mercenary soldier. Now he looks to bring trouble in Hyrule to an end, including finding a means to destroy Ganon, the Old Darkness itself, since the Link failed to do so.
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  2. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Cool, I like it Knight! Accepted.

Feel free to start role playing whenever you like!