Should've Been Lily [Eevachu + Chaos James][Skyreach]

Discussion in 'Southern Hyrule' started by Eevachu, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As Rika thought, he figured out a method to get out, though it was somewhat risky. If he could have the ice cover a wider radius than the spell, it would free him. However, there were two problems. First of all, his arms were still bound, and without them he couldn't do anything. Secondly, he didn't currently possess the means to cover a wider radius with the ice spell. At least, not practically. On a theoretical level, Rika knew what he had to do; Enchantment. He had researched enchantment in depth previously, especially during the week or so he had been in Kokiri Village before all the previous events happened. Along with this, he had seen it used before. However, due to the events that had happened, Rika had not actually attempted it seriously, only theorized and toyed with it somewhat. As such, the concept was still mostly theoretical to him.

However, that didn't mean it couldn't be accomplished, it just meant it may not be at its full potential. First, he would have to do something about the vines strapped to his arm. Looking upward, Rika saw where the vines moved; They wrapped through a large bundle of seemingly tangled vines, mixed around one another in an incredibly thick knot. Maybe that could play to his advantage. . . Although Rika's arms were somewhat tight, it didn't restrict movement entirely, though he feared as soon as he took action the vines would respond, so he would have to be quick. Pointing his finger behind him, a large, glowing circle formed a couple feet behind him, around but not quite under the large knot.

As soon as this was cast, Rika pulled forward with all his strength, tightening the vines and pulling them forward. Immediately after, a large spire launched out of the ground, tearing through the vines and ripping the vine on his left arm off. Immediately following this, Rika reached for his second dagger, drawing it and severing the connection with his right hand. He wouldn't get away quite so easily, not if the vines could have an action. Two vines darted at Rika, this time aiming for his body. He sliced at one with the dagger, launching the newly cooled, figuratively, ball of ice at the second one and sending it running back.

Now, three vines darted at him from the front, intent on attacking him. They had realized that with the dagger came short range, so he would be unable to defend from all three. He just had to have a wider arc of ice, that was all. It was simple, theoretically; When channeling magic to form the chilling orb of ice to create the Ice spell, instead channel this magic through the intended weapon. This will cause the weapon to become empowered by the ice, and disperse in a chilling burst on impact, similar to Ice. It was a spell he had cast numerous times, just applied differently.

Channeling magic through his palm and into the dagger he wielded, a light blue glowing aura started to form around the hilt, but that wasn't enough. More energy surged as the blade was enveloped in a bright, blue light, but it seemed almost unstable, as the light surged. It would serve good enough for now, as Rika swiped forward, a chilling ice trail sticking in his path as he sliced at the vines. Though he didn't hit all three with the dagger, the ice would do the work. It wasn't perfect, as Rika could feel his hands freezing slightly, probably a misfire due to the lack of practice. Nonetheless, it was good enough, as the vines retreated from the freezing cold.

The Kokiri took this opportunity to dash out, slicing at the vines in front of him with the dagger. He had to leave the other dagger behind, but it would be a minor loss. The vines poked at his sides as he burst through, collapsing out the other side and falling to the ground as he tripped on the vines getting out. Way to ruin a cool moment.
  2. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    The beast had either tired from all of it's crazed charging through the village or it had just become use to it's rider, but either way Nicholas found the Bullpos much more interested in listening to directions now. Urging the beast to the right, the Hylian made his way towards where the hunting horn had sounded, tightening the grasp of his club as he did. Thundering down a side path, Nicholas came out into another wide street where he saw, astride a large Bullpos, the foe who held the hunting horn. It only held a single rider, but this Bulblin was at least a head taller then his comrades, wearing the same dirty leather but with more black and green accents. The hunting horn hung on it's side and it held a large iron mace with jagged spikes on the end, but wore only a single glove on it's right hand.

As Nicholas rode into what would server as their arena, the Bulblin Raid Leader turned his mount to properly face his foe, nothing but spite and cruelty in his eyes as his large Bullpos started to dig at the ground with it's hooves, ready to charge. Nudging his own mount to face his foe, he kicked his heels in to prompt it to charge forward, hurtling towards his foe as they did the same. He tightened the grip on the reins as he started to swing the club back and forth for his strike, as his foe rode with fury, swinging his mace wildly above his head.
  3. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Stumbling to his feet, Rika didn't have time to lie down and rest, there was a Bulblin chasing after the Kokiri girl, and she couldn't flee long. Sheathing the small blade, Rika dashed over and picked up his scythe. His left hand was fairly stiff and rigid due to the cold backdraft caused by the spell. Although there would likely be no long term damage, his hand was far too un-dextrous to effectively use. Wielding the scythe with a single hand would probably be enough to take down a Bulblin, however.

As he retrieved his scythe, Rika saw the Kokiri burst out of the nearby house in a panic, stumbling slightly as she passed through the curtains covering the entrance. The Bulblin followed closely behind, club in hand, though was slowed slightly as its club got caught in the doorframe. However, it pulled the large club out with relative ease, as the opening was still quite wide. Upon closer inspection, the Kokiri girl didn't just stumble, she seemed to be limping. Did something happen to her leg?

There would be time to find out in a moment, as Rika rushed the slightly distracted Bulblin. It wasn't enough, however, as he held his club up, blocking the scythe easily. Although normally the small creature would be around the same level of strength as Rika, due to the advantage of arms, the Bulblin won. With his superior power, the Bulblin pushed Rika back, pushing him onto the ground. Lifting his club into the air, he swung down, eager to smash Rika.

The club was too slow though, and Rika was too fast. Rolling to the side as he swung down, Rika swung the scythe in a wide arc. The scythe sliced against his leg, although due to the decreased potential of the swing, it did not slice through. That wasn't Rika's intention with such a swing, though. Pulling back as he swung, the blade dug into the creature's leg, pulling him. The sudden pain combined with the small amount of force caused the Bulblin to trip, falling forward and slamming his face onto the club he had just swung.

Continuing his swing, Rika's blade sliced against flesh as it withdrew itself from within the cut. Rika stabbed down, penetrating the Bulblin as it cried out in pain. However, there wasn't enough force to kill him with that, it seemed. Drawing his scythe, Rika cast Spire, a large circle forming underneath. That would be more than enough to finish him. Turning to the Kokiri girl, who was rather injured, he looked at her. Not someone he recognized. From the look on her face, a mix of fear, relief, and curiosity, Rika figured she probably didn't recognize him, not that he minded, that was for the best.

"Are you okay? Your wounds not too bad to move?" Rika asked, looking at her arm and leg from where he was standing. Along with the many small cuts along her body, the arm puncture looked pretty bad, but it wouldn't impede travel. It was the limping that would do that. "Mm. I. . . think I can." She muttered, wincing slightly as she took a step forward. Rika sighed slightly, before looking at the direction that lead to his house. "Do you know any other survivors around here? You're in no condition to head back to my place at this moment, especially if Bulblin are about." She seemed to pause for a moment before giving a brief nod. "I. . . think I do. I'm not sure if they'll be there still." She nodded, before slowly walking towards the east, supposedly heading to the other survivor's house.
  4. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    As they thundered towards each other, Nicholas was caught by surprise as the Raid Leader jerked the reins of his mount and his Bullpos started to skid sideways. Unable to adjust his own mount's path, he was brought directly into his foe's mighty swing, managing to twist and place his right hand on the mace head to block the strike. Despite his quick action, Nicholas was still send crashing off his Bullpos, tumbling sideways and coming to a stop as the boar ran off in a crazed panic. His head was reeling with the impact with the ground, but Nicholas could see the Raid Leader climb down from his beastly steed and move forward into an overhead strike.

Rolling out of the way, Nicholas righted himself and pushed off the ground in time to avoid the second swing as well. His opponent had gained the momentum of their duel and was now on the offensive, pushing Nicholas back with each swing. In an attempt to gain back some of his footing, Nicholas brought his right arm up and blocked one of the strikes, the impact shooting pain down his arm and across his shoulder. Gritting his teeth, Nicholas swung his arm to the side and down to open up his foe for his counter-attack.

Before he could make use of the opening though, his foe grabbed hold of his wrist and with a twist of his body pulled the Hylian warrior up and over, throwing Nicholas overhead and down into the ground at his feet. Hitting the ground, the air was forcibly struck from his lungs as he laid gasping for breath. As his head spun from the throw, his opponent stood over him laughed before lifting his mace above his head, bringing it down upon Nicholas. It was all he could do to bring his arms up, using his left to brace his right as the mace made impact, pain again shooting through his arm and chest.

Again and again, the Raid Leader lifted his mace up and slammed it down on the Hylian's arm, not even concerned with his attack being blocked, as he gleefully struck the man just to cause pain. His body shook with each strike, and his arm shuddered as each blow sent pain rushing across his upper body. If this kept up, his arm would likely break sooner rather then later, and it was after the next blow that he struck. The his blood pumped as his arm surged with power, flowing into his Tempered Arm momentarily as Nicholas thrust towards the Raid Leader with his fist, a pulsing beam of energy shot towards his foe.

The Peril Beam slammed into the Bulblin's chest, the blunt impact knocking the monster back, gave Nicholas just enough time to put a few feet of space between the two of them to resume their fight.
  5. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As the duo walked, Rika kept an eye out for any enemies, any at all. They mostly snuck from house to house, careful to not run face first into a large group. Although Rika could likely defeat them, he would have to worry about protecting the Kokiri girl too, which would be a large disability. His hand felt like it had loosened up slightly, the muscles starting to relax and allowing better movement. It would still probably be best if he took caution when using the hand, though Rika didn't really care, if he had to then he would.

As they walked, the girl started to speak slightly, presumably to break the silence. "So. . . What's your name? I've never seen you around the village before, especially since you don't seem easy to forget." Rika seemed to hesitate slightly. She may not recognize him, but would she know his name? He decided to tell her anyway. ". . . Well, that's what I'm hoping will happen. I'm Rika." She smiled breifly, though dulled by the pain her wounds felt. "I'm Viole." Rika felt a slight wave of relief clear his mind as she didn't seemed to react at all to his name. Perhaps she was a younger Kokiri, he was gone a long time. Or perhaps Rika was just being really self conceited by assuming everyone would know and remember him. Regardless, the less Kokiri that did, the easier this would be.

Soon, they came upon a small house. It was in a tree adjacent to a small hill, but luckily for the two of them they could still reach it by climbing the hill. The girl wasn't in any condition to climb ladders, after all. Heading around to the entrance, it was barricaded by a series of small boxes and crates, preventing entrance or vision completely. "At least they're smart here. . . " Rika thought to himself, though the upper houses already seemed relatively safe. Banging her hand onto one of the boxes, Viole shouted, causing Rika to wince slightly. "Hey, Bapi, it's me, Viole! Let me in!" Rika quickly tried to interrupt her and cover her mouth. "You idiot, don't shout! You could attract more enemies, we don't know what's around!" He hushed to her before removing his hand from her mouth.

"I'm. . . I'm sorry, I didn't think of that, I was just trying to talk to my friend." Rika sighed and shook his head. "Just don't shout again." No wonder so many Kokiri were dead. There was a stirring heard behind the boxes, as the bottom box shuffled, before popping out and revealing a small crawlspace inside. "Crawl in through here, hurry." A light, feminine voice commanded. The two of them obliged, quickly crawling through the hole. As Rika popped out through the hole, he was met with a face of shock.

"It's. . . you, what are you doing here?!" She angrily shouted at the male Kokiri, causing him to jump back slightly in retaliation. Shit, did she know who we was? Why even such an angry reaction, anyway?
  6. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Nicholas stood panting, his right arm and shoulder throbbing with pain as he stared across at the Raid Leader who was rubbing his chest and coughing. It was frustrating to the Hylian to waste the opening his opponent was giving him, but it was better for him to take the short moments to likewise rest and catch his breath. As if the Bulblin raider knew that he was taking the chance to recover, his foe growl a war cry as he leaped at Nicholas, easily swinging his mace through the air to where he had just been standing, evading backwards, to which the raider stepped forward to swing again, locking them into the same situation as before.

Luckily, Nicholas had taken the time to think while he was recuperating to consider his folly last time. On his next backwards step, Nicholas leaned back for the next evade until he saw his foe's foot move forward for his next swing, then pushed himself forward into his opponent, slamming his left shoulder into the Bulblin's body. What this did was let Nicholas get under his opponent's strike, and true to form, the Raid Leader couldn't properly bring his spiked mace down. With that, Nicholas slammed his right fist into the gut of the Bulblin and pushed forward, sending both of them to the ground in a tumbling mess.

Before coming to a stop, Nicholas made sure to push himself across the ground, extending his roll to give him ample space to stand. He didn't want to get caught with a mace to the face before even getting on his feet again.
  7. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika stood, shocked at her reaction. Did she really remember him after so long? He quickly shook off his dazed expression as he spit out a reply. "What do you mean, what am I doing here?! I'm cleaning up this shitty mess the forest is in!" The girl seemed somewhat surprised by this, but didn't hesitate long before continuing. "S-Save?! After you just left?! Do you think you can just come back and play the hero, Rika? Just come back, fix everything and have everyone like you for once? You haven't changed a bit, even after being gone for so long."

Rika wasn't sure what to say, but the words hit him. She was wrong though, he had changed a lot. Perhaps it wasn't for the best, though. "And what are the rest of you doing? All I see is a diluted mess of bodies. I've saved someone's life already, and I haven't been in this mess long. What have you done so far?!" He shouted, and she seemed stunned by this. He saved someone? Saved? Turning her eyes slightly to glance at Viole, the girl looked back, worry in her eyes.

She noticed the various wounds covering her body, and the torn clothing covering the two's bodies. "You saved someone? Who, Viole? H-How could you possibly achieve that?!" She slowly spit out, running out of things to argue. As she said this, Rika started to get angry. "How could I? How COULD I? How could you NOT? What have you all been doing for the last 100 years, sitting around playing games, playing around, pointless shit like that?! Me, I've been-" His voice came to a shout as he spoke, but he was interrupted by a loud, feminine voice next to him.

"Stop, Rika! You just told me not to shout, now you're doing the same. This isn't the time to fight, we're both hurt and there are those creatures throughout the village. If you want to fight, do it later, but for now we need to work together to survive." Rika glanced away from her, avoiding eye contact. "Tch, I can survive by myself. I learned how to." He spat out, as a dull silence filled the air. It lingered for a few moments, before a loud vibrating created noise.

The tree shook as a loud smack was heard against the opposing side of the house, coming from the hill. "Shit, an attack?!" Rika yelled as he stumbled to catch himself. "We were pretty loud, they must have found us. Damn it. . . " He muttered under his breath, realizing part of it may have been his fault. He glanced over to Bapi, not wanting to look at her. "Listen clearly. I will go take care of them, and I alone will. You will both get in my way, stay here. I don't know if you have access to healing magic, or have any sort of bandages or medical equipment, but attempt to treat her wounds. I'll be back shortly." He commanded as he ducked down, crawling halfway out of the room before following up with another comment. "I'll show you what I've accomplished." With that, he completely exited, crouching down as he inched close to the tree's wall.

He didn't know what was assaulting them, who was assaulting them, or their numbers. This would be rather tricky, but he had to do it alone. He had survived all of his life alone, he didn't need the other Kokiri's help now, he never would, he'd rather die than have them save him.
  8. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Climbing to his feet, Nicholas glanced over to the Raid Leader, who was scrambling to get up and grab his weapon from the ground. Taking the opening he had made, Nicholas pushed off the ground and leaped into the air. Twisting in the air, Nicholas flung the stone club he had in his hand towards the Bulblin, ignoring the fact he missed and carried on with his attack. Continuing the momentum from his turn, he made another full twist as his opponent looked from the stone club striking the ground to the air where a metal fist came down into his face. The follow-through on the impact sent both fighters back to the earth as they once more bounced across the dirt to a stop.

Recovery this time was even faster, Nicholas ignoring the pain throbbing through most of his body now and rushed back into battle. Blood ran from the broken face of the Raider Leader as it sat up, grabbing it's face in horror. It couldn't even mount a defense this time as a second later Nicholas drove his fist into it's skull again. As the Bulblin fell backwards, the Hylian dropped to one knee to drive his fist into the fallen foe's face, slamming the Bulblin's head into the ground. Panting and lifting his bloody metal fist, Nicholas sat backwards and stared at the unmoving form of his defeated foe. Brushing his hair back with his left hand, Nicholas wiped the blood from his Tempered Arm on the Bulblin's tunic, then reached forward. Grabbing the hunting horn, the strange grey glove also caught his eye, so he pulled it off too.

Before he could deal with clearing the village of raiders, he needed a quick rest, and soon picked out a nearby house and ducked inside. The home was empty, much like other ones he had searched, which ment he could catch his breath. Sitting down, Nicholas pulled off his jacket and undid the buckles on his Tempered Arm, sliding the metal armor off to check his right arm. Among the blue tattoos he had gotten years ago, he could already see nasty bruises forming, from wrist to shoulder.

With a sigh, he sat staring at the Tempered Arm, then noticed that glove he had taken on his lap still and picked it up. It looked like the same size as his own hand, and out of sheer curiousity did he pull it on. As it slid over his fingers and he yanked it into place, he could feel a new surge of strength ripple through his body. Intrigued, he reached out and picked up his Tempered Arm, lifting it with ease compared to before. He stared in amazement, but shook his head and started to pull the armor back on, then slid his jacket back on.

While he finished resting, a stray thought drew his mind to the Kokiri, Rika. Nicholas hoped that things were going well for him.
  9. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Peering over the corner of the tree, Rika's eyes were met with a large, brown humanoid creature with rippling muscles. Shiny skull jewelry decorated his neck and hands, and large, leopard-like pants covered his short legs. He had a large, pug-like dog head, with wide, drooping ears and a gaping jaw. His intelligence seemed to reflect this, as he continued to pummel the tree side on his large Bullbos, completely oblivious to Rika's appearance. He pounded against the tree wide with his large, wooden club decorated back to back with small, pointed spikes while the Bullbos mindless slammed its thick skull against the wall. It was a Big Blin. This was perfect for the Kokiri, an easy picking.

He was far faster than the Big Blin, even if the Bullbos could present some problems. Along with this, he had not only range, but the element of surprise. He would have no problem taking the dumb creature out and proving his skill. Not that he cared about proving anything, of course. At least, that would have been the case in any normal scenario. Rika heard movement from behind, and he saw no other than Bapi rushing out. "W-What are you doing you dumbass?!" He stuttered, trying to stay quiet. "Showing you -my- skill!" She angrily spat out, rushing out into the line of fire.

--

As Rika ran off, Bapi felt a sickness, a hatred stirring in her chest. He was going to just show up and save them? He thought it would be that easy, didn't he? Slay a few Mad Scrubs or Bulblin and impress the other Kokiri, get on their good side. It wouldn't be like that with her, she wouldn't just fall for him like that. Where did he get off ordering her around, anyway? Was he really that good? No, of course not, he just thought he was, like he used to be. He really hadn't changed a bit. Rushing over to a table and completely ignoring Rika's commands, Bapi picked up a small slingshot and a small bag of seeds. "W-Wait, what are you doing Bapi?!" Viole asked, panicked as she struggled to get up from the seat she was in to rest.

"Going to show up that smug jerk. Just wait here Viole, I'll be right back." As Bapi headed off to the exit, Viole held her hand out, pleading. "W-Wait, please don't! I-I don't know why you don't like him, but he saved me twice. He's very strong, he will be fine Bapi, but it's dangerous out there, so we'll just get in the way! So please just stay here!" Viole's words were like daggers piercing into Bapi's flesh. She knew in a way they were true, but she couldn't admit it.

"You're a kind person, Viole, so you wouldn't understand. I will never let him think he's better than me, though, that he can order me around now, all of a sudden. I have to go teach him a lesson, don't I? Just like the old times. Just wait here, I'll be fine." She said, smiling slightly at Viole to mask her frustration before ignoring any of Viole's further pleas and crawling out of the small hole to the exit.
  10. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Standing up, Nicholas dusted off his jacket and straightened the collar. Flexing the fingers in his right hand before making a fist, he gave one final stretch before leaving the house, the hunting horn kept safely in his pocket. He quickly looked around before turning down the closest path, keeping an eye out for raiders as he moved through the village. If he was going to lure them away with the hunting horn, riding a mount would allow him to take them farther and make sure he could get enough ground so they wouldn't catch him. Glancing around the next street, he ducked back as a flaming arrow whizzed by. A mounted Bulblin had seen him and was now urging his partner to give chase.

Nicholas watched around the corner as the pair came riding up towards the pathway, arrow nocked and ready to fire, giving him little time to think of how he was going to separate his foes from their mount. Eventually an idea came to him, not the best one but it would have to do. Pulling off his jacket and removing the hunting horn, he stood by the edge of the house as the Bulblins came into view. Leaping out, Nicholas tossed his jacket up in front of him as an arrow caught it mid-air, leaving him to roll across the ground and grab the reins of the Bullbos. He pulled back to turn the creature towards a house then slapped it on the rear to startle it into a charge.

Nicholas watched as the Bullbos charged headlong into the side of the home, both his riders being throw into the wall with a dull crack and leaving the Bullbos dazed as Nicholas retrieved his jacket from the ground and pulled it back on, then helped the dizzy mount into the middle of the street again before climbing onto the saddle, ready to go.
  11. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Bapi rushed out from behind the tree, pulling the cup back on her slingshot as a seed rest inside. Pointing it at the unaware Big Blin, the seed flew through the air at quick speeds as she released, knocking against his head and bouncing harmlessly off. However, he didn't seemed to be injured in the slightest, but simply angered. He cocked his head in Bapi's direction, a furious look of anger on his face. He let out a fierce battle cry, roaring at her as the Bullbo turned and stomped its feet fiercely into the ground just before catapulting forward in a swift charge, aimed at Bapi. Her feet seemed to freeze in fear, unable to move out of the way. A look of horror washed over her face as she shielded her front with her arms, attempting to cushion the blow in any way.

As she tried to block the blow, she felt her feet leaving the ground, but not due to the impact of the Bullbos. She felt a frame similar to her own tackle her body, sending her flying to the side, colliding with the ground. On top of her rest Rika, who had leaped and pushed her to the side. The Bullbos charged past them, unable to stop its run. The Kokiri girl pushed and shoved at Rika, desperate to push him off. "What are you doing, get off of me!" She shouts, shoving at his shoulders. Rika shouts back at her louder, clear irritation in his voice, "What are you doing?! I told you to stay inside, now you're getting in the way and you were about to die! This is why I said not to come out!" She bit her lip in frustration as he shoved him off, quickly coming to her feet. "I'm not, you're in the way! I'm not useless, I just didn't see the Bullbos!"

Rika just hissed angrily, it was clear she was going to stay in the way. "Fine, just stay out of my way, I don't have time to protect you!" Gripping his scythe somewhat loosely, Rika didn't want to exert too much pressure onto his hand. Though he could wield his scythe, the hand was still somewhat tender, preventing excessive power to be put into swings. His feet glowed a light, light aura of blue, signifying that the Jump spell had been cast, presumably before he leaped to push Bapi out of the way. It would be pretty useful here, if he didn't have to defend the stupid girl.
  12. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Waiting for the creature to recover from it's dizzy spell, Nicholas fished the hunting horn from his coat pocket and gave it a quick check, then wrapped the leather cord around his left wrist in case he might drop it while riding. With a good grip on the instrument, and the Bullpos recovered, Nicholas kicked his heels into the beast's flank to get it on it's way, the boar quickly picking up speed as he urged it forward. He leaned closer to the beast as they made their way through the village, scrunching his nose at the smell of the animal, but keeping low as he urged it faster into a galloping charge.

As they neared the edge of the Kokiri village, with the trees of the forest looming overhead, Nicholas spurred the creature on still and brought the hunting horn up to his lips. Pausing a moment to wipe the mouthpiece on his sleeve, he place it on his lips and with a deep breath sounded the horn. A deep, resounding tone came from the horn as the Hylian reached the edge of the forest, light dimming and his path narrowing as he sounded another long note. He eventually had to stop to gain control of his mount once more, gaining the chance for one more note before he had to abandon the practice and focus on avoiding the twisting maze of branches and trunks.
  13. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Looking over to the other Kokiri, Rika quickly spat out, "When I touched you, I cast a spell, you can jump higher. Use it to stay out of the way, I can't save you again if you get hit." Before turning to face his opponents once more. The girl glared at him due to his statement but he was too focused on his foes at hand to notice. The Bullbos riding Big Blin had come to a stop, and the Bullbos frantically snorted and scanned as it searched for its prey. Upon realizing it had not collided with and trampled them, dragging the two Kokiri behind as it ran, it turned, snorting and sniffing loudly. Stopping its leg wildly, it stirred up a small dust cloud as it charged once again, intent on trampling Rika.

Gripping his scythe with his right hand as the dominant hand to reduce impact from blows, Rika pointed his palm in front of him before re-establishing contact with the scythe. A massive, shimmering golden circle formed in front of him as Rika backed up, the Bullbos charging recklessly after him. As it ran over the large circle, a massive spire erupted from the base, tearing and piercing through the flesh of the bull like creature as it cried out in pain. It was the only enemy to be defeated then, however, as the Big Blin leaped from the animal's back, his club held high in the air.

Rika had no choice but to jump to the side as he came down, slamming the club forcefully into the ground where Rika once stood and creating a small crater. However, what the Kokiri didn't see was prior to unleashing this swing, the Big Blin's club shined and was enveloped in a white light. Upon slamming into the earth below, the ground shook, as Rika fell to the ground, unable to keep his footing. The Big Blin lifted his foot back, kicking Rika in the stomach and sending him rolling away as the Kokiri grasped for air, almost choking from the impact.

As he landed, he coughed harshly, the air completely escaping him as he struggled to contain any. The Big Blin slowly stomped over, ready to smash Rika again with his club.
  14. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Riding through the dense woods of the Kokiri Forest was proving to be a challenge for the Hylian, mixed with the temperamental mount he was riding meant he was in for quite a ride. Despite his best efforts, branches would still scratch against his face and catch in his hair, and a few times he would clip the side of a tree trunk because the Bullbos didn't want to turn when he pulled the reins. He did note that this Bullbos was at least a better steed then the one he had ridden beforehand. Despite the difficulties, he managed to keep on the saddle and spur the beast forward.

As if the Goddesses had decided his luck had run on too long though, Nicholas soon saw some of the Bulblin raiders appearing behind him, charging between the trees and gaining ground. His chances at winning a straight on fight wasn't very high, between the unreliable boar, the obstacles that required careful avoidance, and the fact his foe had bows. Looking around for a plan, Nicholas soon saw one form itself in his mind, though like many of his plans today it was based on whim and reckless action. Unfortunately, it was the best option at the time, so he had to go for it.

Tensing up in his saddle, he spurred the beast further on to bring him in range of a branch that he should be able to reach.
  15. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

The massive, hulking creature stomped over towards the small Kokiri lying on the ground, knees arced and hands clenching painfully at his stomach. He lazily held the large club over his slouched shoulders, as if he were casually strolling along and not in a serious combat situation. From behind, Bapi's body shivered in fear as she struggled to move. Could she really do anything here? Of course she could! She would save Rika and prove he was nothing compared to her and the others, and everything would be perfect. It was that easy, right? Slowly pulling the slighshot back, she tried to steady her shaking head, though it wouldn't stop entirely. It'd be fine though, right?

Releasing, the small seed flew forward, rebounding off the back of the titanous Blin and falling to the ground. He didn't even seem to stop or hesitate slightly. She hissed slightly, and pulled back another seed, this time aiming for his head. Her hand seemed to calm, and she would be able to hit the target this time. Releasing yet again, the tiny object collided with the back of the Big Blin's skull, bouncing off just like before. He scratched the back of his head as if there were an itch, not stopping in the slightest. Was. . . was she really useless? No, if she had something more, a better weapon like Rika, she would do just as well! It was just the slingshot that was useless, wasn't it? It had to be. . .

--

Rika clenched his eyes shut as he coughed, pushing tightly as his stomach as the pain echoed throughout the lower side of his upper body. Though the Big Blin had lightly kicked him, his massive strength was still not to be underestimated, as it hurt quite a bit and knocked the wind out of Rika. Managing to peek open his eyes to get a grasp on the situation, Rika saw the, from his location, gargantuan Blin relaxedly towering over the Kokiri, shoulders slumped slightly and massive club slugged over his shoulder. He snorted slightly as he looked down at the Kokiri, a look of unamusement on his face. How many Kokiri did he kill this way, Rika wondered. Such disrespect he gave to his race, to -him-. This was an insult to Rika's pride he couldn't, wouldn't allow. Clenching his teeth as he glared at the Big Blin, the monster lifted his club up, casually swinging it down.

Rolling away, the club slammed where Rika just was, not even impacting the ground. Such a weak swing, did the Big Blin really underestimate Kokiri that much? Says a lot about how he looks at the race. Forming a small, liquid orb in his hand, Rika clumsily tossed it forward as he stopped rolling. Though it was not the best of throws, it would serve adequate enough, as the creature was rather close. An explosion of water expanded directly in front of the monster, soaking him as a violent torrent of highly pressurized water pierced into him, a severely weaker blast of water soaking Rika.

The Big Blin hadn't been defeated yet, as although Aqua Grenade possessed quite the power at close ranges, the Big Blin had quite thick skin too. It certainly damaged it, as the beast roared in pain, clenching his face as flesh was pushed off the bone by the powerful jets. Gripping his scythe, magical energy poured through the pole and blade as a chilling, icy aura enveloped them. Pushing himself forward and swinging, Rika shouted as the blade collided with the Big Blin's chest. "Don't underestimate me!" He shouted as the glowing scythe touched the Big Blin's chest. Though the impact itself didn't pierce flesh, both in part to the lack of force in Rika's swing and the still rather thick hide the beast possessed, that wasn't the intention.

The Big Blin was enveloped in ice as it surged from the blade, freezing the impact point and spreading along his body, freezing the soaking wet Big Blin's body. The Big Blin was quickly turned into a Blinsicle, collapsing to the ground on his club. Rika panted heavily, still reaching for air as he coughed further, still having not caught his breath, especially due to shouting like that.
  16. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    As the branch he had been eyeing up came near, Nicholas pulled his feet out of the stirrups and crouched precariously on the saddle of the rushing beast, barely keeping his balance as he held on to the reins with both hands. With only a second to spare, he pushed off the Bullbos and leaped into the air, his outstretched hands hooking the branch high in the air. His right hand found grip in the wood easily enough, the sharp talons of his Tempered Arm affording him good grip as he swung back and forth. Once his swaying had stopped, he pulled himself up further into the tree, perching on a higher branch out of easy sight from the Bulblin raiders.

Peering down below, Nicholas waited as he saw the first of the riders go by. At least his plan seemed to have worked, though he prayed the Bulblins wouldn't realize they had been tricked and would just keep riding back to whatever hole they spawned from. Nicholas stood in the tree for quite a while, waiting until he was sure no more raiders would be riding by, then climbed back down the tree, dropping to the ground with a soft thud. Keeping an eye on his surroundings, the Hylian started on his way back towards the village.
  17. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

From the house, Viole came running out, having apparently been watching from the sidelines. "Rika! Are you okay?!" She shouted, rushing over to the injured Kokiri as he slowly brought himself to his feet, his scythe down below next to them. "I'm. . . I'm fine." He coughed out, his breathing beginning to stabilize a bit. However, it would be another moment or two before he was fine, so hopefully they wouldn't be attacked any time soon. Bapi looked at the Kokiri male, hesitant to move forward. He saved her. . . But it was Rika! He probably just wanted the glory, her friendship! That had to be it, right?

". . .Rika-" She hesitantly spoke, but was immediately cut off by the Kokiri. "Listen, Bapi!" Rika sternly shouted, causing him to cough before continuing. "I don't care what you have to say, I don't care about you. If you're going to yell at me, I don't care. If you're going to apologize, I don't care, an apology won't change anything. We can't stand here though, we've made too much noise, and by the looks of things this guy was a boss. If we just linger, it's likely we'll meet reinforcements. We need to head back to my house, now. You're welcome to stay here if you want, but you will die if you do." Rika turned away from her and bent down to pick up his scythe after speaking.

Bapi's mind was filled with a multitude of emotions, mostly frustration. Any possibility of compassion or sadness she may have felt a moment ago vanished, replaced only by anger and frustration, at Rika both for what he said, and the fact that it was right. Viole looked at the two of them, unable to think of what to say. They were about to fight again, weren't they? It seemed to fizzle away as Rika started walking down the hill, only saying, "Let's go, Viole." The Kokiri girl looked at Bapi, nodding at her to follow them, before walking after the Kokiri.

Bapi stood in place, her hands shaking with anger. By the time Rika had reached the bottom of the hill, Bapi shouted at the two of them, "Wait, damn it!" just before rushing down after them.
  18. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    The trek back towards Kokiri Village was a pain at worst, a relief at best. As much as he would of liked to just ride back into the town on one of the Bullbos, he knew that such a feat would of been impossible, between turning the beast and avoiding the Bulblin raiders coming close behind him. The tree branch had definitely been the best option, but it meant this slow walk, which gave the Hylian's mind time to wander. The pain rippling through most of his body being the forethought, creating tangents about possible better actions he could of taken. Sighing to himself, he slid his left hand into his jacket to get his book, but decided against it. Last thing he had to do was get himself lost again.

Reaching the outskirts of the village, Nicholas glanced around, remembering that there still could be enemies left behind, ready to attack unsuspecting survivors. Scaling the nearest house, Nicholas made use of the rooftop to scan the surrounding area for stragglers, but his quick search across a few roofs turned up nothing. Dropping from the roof with a small grunt, Nicholas made his way back towards Rika's home, hoping that the people there were safe and that Rika had also managed to make it back.

Not feeling like wasting anymore energy, Nicholas sluggishly climbed the short ladder to the balcony. "Hey," he called out, "it's Nicholas. Big guy in the blue jacket." Pushing the curtain aside, Nicholas went in to find everyone safe and sound, though Rika had yet to return. Nicholas only hoped that the Kokiri in red was still alright.
  19. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As Nicholas climbed the ladder and entered Rika's house, he was met with a strange sight; Though when wasn't he upon entering this house? The two Kokiri he had saved greeted him as he entered, but there was no such greeting from the Mad Scrubs. As he entered deeper, he would learn why. Wollo laid flat on the ground, his legs sticking out with his snout inched from the ground. In front of him, the trio of Mad Scrubs did the same, almost appearing to be Octoroks with leaves for hair and large legs sticking out of their backside. The Mad Scrubs stared intently at the Octorok, before one of them spoke. "Is this right?" Wollo let out a squeak and the Mad Scrubs squeaked back before contorting their faces slightly, seemingly to match Wollo's more.

They didn't seem to notice Nicholas at first, but upon noticing he was watching, one of the Mad Scrubs jumped up in a panic, standing tall. "N-Nothing wrong here, captain mister! The treehouse is under control, thanks to the defense of commander Wollo and his three generals, the scrub brigade!" The other two quickly followed suit, jumping up and standing tall, as if looking at Nicholas for some sort of approval.

--

As the trio headed towards Rika's house, at first Bapi kept trying to speak, shouting for Rika's attention. "Stop shouting unless you wanna get killed." Was all he told her at first, and he ignored all of her other comments. He had more to focus on than her complaints about him, such as the forest and how it devolved into such a state. Come to think of it, he never asked Viole about it. When they returned to the house, perhaps Viole, one of the Kokiri Nicholas may have helped, or even Bapi would be able to shed some light on the situation. They had to move a bit slowly due to Viole's injuries, but otherwise made it there with little problem.

As they reached the house, Rika simply leaped up onto the balcony with Double Jump, while the other two climbed. It was a little difficult for Viole due to the injuries she had sustained, but she managed to climb up nonetheless. Walking in, Rika saw that Nicholas was already there. "Oh, good, you're-" He was cut off as he saw the trio of Mad Scrubs on the ground in a row in front of Wollo, faces contorted to all shapes and sizes. Was. . . that supposed to be Wollo? ". . . " Rika stared blankly, unable to fathom what he would even say.

The Mad Scrubs quickly noticed Rika walk in, and jumped to attention as they did with Rika. "G-G-General mister! We, the scrub brigade, have defended the treehouse in your absence thanks to the help of commander Wollo! Awaiting further orders, general mister sir!" Rika stared directly at the trio of them, turning his head to look at Wollo in confusion. The Octorok didn't seem to quite understand either, but didn't seem to mind. Turning to look at Nicholas, Rika hoped he would understand, but Rika could tell he probably didn't. ". . . What?" Was all he could mutter as he looked back at the Mad Scrubs, who had begun to get nervous due to the lack of the reply.

"S-Sorry general mister sir, we'll fix it immediately! How about the Kokiri Assault Squad?!" Rika looked for a couple more seconds before his hand collided with his face in shame. Turning to walk away, the Mad Scrubs jumped up, commenting again. "R-Right general mister sir, it's dumb, I see! We'll just be the Octo Squadron!"
  20. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Nicholas didn't know what to make of the scene he saw the four little critters putting on, and opting to just not voice an opinion on such things. He was over the initial shock of seeing Wollo, so this couldn't be as bad, but it was still pretty out there. Once they saw him watching them though, one of the little guys jumped up to inform him all was well in the tree house, then watched him for some kind of commendation or assurance they did good work. Staring at them for a moment, "yes, good wo-," he started before he heard Rika speak, not having noticed the Kokiri enter.

Nicholas turned to watch Rika as he spoke with the little "army" they had, glad to see Rika was just as flabbergasted with the situation as he had been. Though one thing had caught the Hylian's attention was how the Mad Scrubs spoke. Did they imply Nicholas was a lower rank them themselves? Rika he could understand outranking him, but the Mad Scrubs? He felt a little hurt about that, but the most confusing part was Wollo. Did Wollo outrank him? Much like everything else about Wollo, Nicholas just couldn't be sure at this point. Sighing, Nicholas turned to Rika with a shrug then looked towards the Kokiri that the red-clothed one had brought.

"How did it go for you? Find anything helpful?"