Ships and Sea Monsters

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Premium Chaos, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Sexton was standing next to Rika in the middle of Impa when a flier flew by into Sexton's face. It spoke of Impa being in the need of great vessels. There was an incredibly hot lady on the piece of paper as well leading Sexton to believe that the person taking out the add was this woman. Hmm, we should definitely go build some ships. We could go to the Southern" Sexton looked at Rika to see his response. Honestly? Sexton knew absolutely nothing about building a ship, but he knew he needed a ship and needed safe voyage to the south. This was a win-win.
  2. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Stretching out his arms, Rika gently rubbed his upper arm, the arm still sore from being crushed. Luckily, Red Potions existed, so he could easily heal and restore it. However, it still felt slightly sore, for whatever reason. You would think the potion would heal that, too. Since the battle, Rika had been hanging out with Sec, for whatever reason. Probably due to that revenge he still needed to deal. Wollo the Octorock was slowly trotting behind Rika, cautiously glancing around towards others. He had been in Impa for a few days, now, but everyone still seemed new. He would occasionally get a few nasty glances due to being an Octorock, but luckily no one had messed with him.

As they were walking about town, Sec seemed to be reading a flyer. He spoke to Rika, proposing that they build a ship. A ship? Rika quickly snatched the flyer out of Sec's hand, looking it over. "A ship? Do you know how to build one? It's pretty complex, it's not like you can just walk in and learn as you go. Then again, they'll probably just have us go collect materials or something, and do the actual building themselves. So, why not, let's go!" Rika spoke, before heading off towards some random direction. "Uhh. . . Where is the ladie?" Wollo said to Rika, causing him to pause. "Er. . ." Taking a quick glance at the paper, it didn't list any particular location.

"Well. . . Let's just go towards the docks!" Rika said, before heading east in the direction of the coast. Wollo was somewhat confused about it, but followed along anyway. Once they reached the docks, there were a number of different buildings. Obviously, the one they had to go to was a large, wooden building, with a sign on it in the likeness of the lady on the picture. "Well, I guess that's where we're going." Taking a walk in, it seemed to be some sort of pub. There were a few burly, manly men, drinking beer and sharing battle stories. Some were dressed as soldiers, others as pirate-like men. At the counter was a large man, with so much chest hair you could get lost in it. He wasn't wearing a shirt, but his large arms would probably rip any shirt he tried to wear. Upon the trio entering, they were met with a glare and silence. "Wha'chu doin' here? We don' allao' kids, monsters or girly men in here." The man behind the counter spoke to them.

Rika seemed rather. . . annoyed by that comment. "Looking to start a fight? 'Cause I'd be happy to oblige." Rika somewhat annoyedly responded. The men turned their attention over to Sec, waiting for his response. Would a fight end up breaking out?
  3. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

"He doesn't like being called a kid or small," muttered Sexton as he glanced around at the people in the bar and figured they weren't the brightest people or the nimblest considering how drunk they likely are. He still feared that the brute strength of any of these guys would be enough to curl him into a pretzel and feed him to Wollo. Hopefully it was a vegetarian Octorock. "And that isn't a monster, it is his pet. Kinda like the parrot you people have."

It wasn't his intention, but Sexton added a little too much sarcasm to that sentence which seemed to not sit well with the owner of the bar.. or half of the drunk men. Everyone seemed to stop laughing and carrying on and stared abruptly at Sexton. "You trying to say some kinda stereotype or som'thin. Ya sayin' just 'cause we live on a shoreline means we pirates? What about you? You never denied bein' a girly man? Got a problem like your little friend?"

Sexton's eyes opened wide before correcting him, "Nope I'm perfectly fine with being called a girly man. Anyway we gotta go... uhh... Get some medicine." Sexton then does a blatantly obvious fake cough and walks to the door only to be stopped by two men blocking it. Sexton fell to his ass and crawled back a bit. The two men at the door cracked their knuckles and approached him as one punched at Sexton only to stab it's fist into the ground due to Sexton's swift movements.

"You haven gotcha yer drink yet. Let's she 'em what it's like to be a man."

The two ran at Sexton as he tripped one with his legs, slamming the man's face into a stool. Sexton mounted the bar and started running down it dodging darts that were meant to be thrown at the board on the otherside of the room. Luckily the alcohol seemed to throw off their aim, leaving Sexton trying very little to move. Sexton dove behind the bar and grabbed a bottle of rum and smacked it in ones head before dropping it quickly, "That smells disgusting."

WHAT!!!! That bottle was 50 years old! I was savin' that for a special night with the misses," said the man as he started to approach Sexton with intense rage in his eyes.
  4. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As the men chased Sec around, he seemed to draw most of the attention from the men, although Rika was not left completely alone. A nearby man glanced at him, remaining seated at the table he was at. Turning to him, a small smirk grew on Rika's face. "Having fun?" Rika commented, referring to the men chasing Sec around. The man seemed somewhat different from the others, not instantly jumping on Sec or Rika like the others. "Ya' wanna help yer' scrawny friend, there? E' looks like e' needs it." The man replied, glancing at the ongoing ruckus before turning his attention back to Rika. The Kokiri seemed to almost, almost consider it for a moment, before giving an answer. "Nah, he deserves it for something he did earlier. Maybe if he gets into too much trouble I'll help, but he seems like he's having fun." Contrary to what Rika just said, Sec was probably not having fun.

Wollo seemed somewhat confused about what was going on. Were they fighting? Rika didn't seem like he was doing anything, though. Normally when there was a fight, Wollo expected Rika to, if somewhat recklessly jump in. So maybe they weren't fighting? What was the green man doing, then? The Octorock kind of bunched himself up behind Rika, unsure of what was even happening.

As Sec's battle continued, eventually, if sooner than you would think, it would come to an end. . .
  5. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Sec began to cower backwards as ten or so guys began to approach him. His back was literally against a wall as he began to speak, "Bu... bu... I... it stunk!" Sexton noticed a very angry look on the bar tenders face. Sexton charged at one of the sides to avoid the bartender but got thrown back into the wall.

The bartender stepped forward and started to pop his knuckles as Sec began to circle around him. "T'was a mistake to come into my bar, and claim piracy. Breaking me rum. Yer about to have a very bad day!"

"Please don't hurt me!" he yelled with near tears in his eyes. The bartender pushed him into the crowd, as the crowd pushed him back. The bartender smirked and laughed a bit as he readied a heavy punch. As he swung, Sec fell backwards accidentally punching one of the customers that were circling the two. This caused a big brawl involving chairs and brutality as Sec crawled out of the brawl and to Rika before falling complete to his stomach.
  6. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As Sec crawled towards the Kokiri, he glanced down at him, a wide smirk on his face. "You seemed like you were having fun." He glanced at the brawl that was happening in front of him, before looking back down to Sec. "Look at the mess you caused, Sec! I know it's fun, but we don't have time to be messing around." Rika let out a light laugh as he finished. As much as he was making fun of Sec over it, HE was the one enjoying all of this. Stretching his arms slightly, Rika nodded to himself. "Well, guess I gotta go break it up. Wait here, Wollo!" He said, before taking a step forward. Of course, before he managed to break it up, something else did.

Although the brawl was making quite a bit of noise, the sound of a door SLAMMING open was very clearly heard. Shortly after, a very loud, female voice was heard. "What're ye' girls' doin' makin' all da' racket in here?! Can't I get som' sleep in here?!" The entire room seemed to pause at the shout of this woman. Seconds later, all of the men ran to a seat, leaving the only ones standing Rika and the woman. Upon looking her over, Rika noticed she was the woman on the picture.

She was rather tall, much taller than Rika, at about 6' or so. For all intents and purposes, she was an extremely beautiful woman. Glancing over at the barkeep, as if for an answer to her question, he stuttered for a moment before managed to spit it out. "W-We were fightin' tha' guy! He came in her', declarin' us pirates, breakin' me rum!" He exclaimed, pointing towards Sec. She waltzed towards Rika and Sec, but before she said anything, Rika started speaking. "Hi, I'm Rika. We're here about the ship." He pulled out the flyer, holding it up and showing it to her. Looking down at Sec, he pushed him slightly with his foot. "Get off the floor, Sec, you're embarrassing yourself." The woman looked down at Sec, as if waiting for him to stand up and explain himself.
  7. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Sec pulled himself up of the ground. The women actually intimidated him, he wasn't used to woman being so tall. Despite the intimidation, she was very appealing to him. Sexton began to wonder what to say as he stood, looking up to her. It seems as if his charm got the best of him as he put the fact that she could probably eat him for lunch in the back of his head. "I apologize ma'am, I just saw this pretty picture of you on an ad and wanted to come see you," he said as he smiles before realizing that he forgot to mention the main point. "To make a boat that is..." he worriedly corrected himself as to not sound too perverted.

The woman began to eye the Kokiri and Sec as she analyzed them. "What make ye think ye has a chance voyagin' the seas?" She continued to look at them as she paced around them both. "Especially you," she said as she stared at Sec. "The Kokiri looks more manly than you. Where's yer whiskers?" She chuckled as she rubbed her palm across his babyface feeling not a single stubble. The rest of the pub began to laugh along with her showing respect to her.

Sexton was embarrassed for a mere moment but was more distracted that she touched him than anything. "I love... the sea!" he corrected himself sharply from scaring the girl away but it may not have been the smartest thing.

She continued chuckling as she stares off at him and questions, "Since ye so sea savvy. Ye' shouldn't have a problem handling a lil' lightwork eh?" She pulled out a map and began to show a spot just off the coast of the charted Hyrulian Bay. "We will design and build ye a master of ships if ye go out sailin' and kill a small lil' sea monster tearorizin' da bay."

The ball's laughter stopped as they all began to seriously listen. Apparently the sea monster wans't such a light obstacle to overcome.

"Be wary, a mighty storm be approachin' from the north. Ye don't want to be stuck at sea when a blizzard comes."

Sexton was speechless as he began to contemplate the pros and cons, but without much delay Rika answered for him...
  8. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika was enjoying letting Sec handle the conversation, but his eyes lit up at the mention of a sea monster. He'd get to fight something that is apparently strong, judging by the men's reactions?! He hadn't gotten to fight Jagon himself due to the injuries to his arm, so he was rather disappointed by the lack of a good fight. It couldn't be that strong, however, surely he'd fought stronger beasts. "A sea monster? No big deal, what're we talkin'? Subspecies of Morpheels? Normal sea serpents? I mean, what?" The room was shocked at Rika's response. "Y-Ye be foolish! This ain't a beast ye can treat so lightly! It's said to be many feet long, capable of swallowing a man whole!" A man told, a light hint of fear in his voice.

"It's "Said"? . . . Well, I've probably taken down things stronger than it anyway. We'll do it." Murmurs spread around the room, the men unable to believe that he was capable of such feats. After a brief pause, the woman finally spoke up, with a slightly more serious tone towards Rika. "Make no mistake, Kokiri. Arrogance will only get ye and yer girly friend killed. If ye are willing, we will prepare the ship within the hour." Rika didn't seem to really mind her words, following suit with a response. "Duly noted, but I think we'll be just fine. I have a couple things I need to take care of first in town, however, so we may be slightly late. I assume this won't be a problem?" She glanced at Sec, then back towards the boy. "Very well, but if ye be too late, the boat may go to another pair of foolhardy men." She laughed as she said this, before proceeding to turn and leave back into the room she had whence came; After all, her business here was done.

Rika turned and proceeded to exit, not giving Sec a chance to say anything; He would probably be against it, after all. Once outside, Rika began to speak to the Hylian. "I'm going to go claim my rewards promised from holding Jagon off. After all, I need a new scythe. If one isn't made, I will put in a request for it so it will be made by the time we're done. You should have something too, right?" Rika had also been studying the spellbook he had gotten some time ago, managing to learn the Spire spell. Sadly, it wouldn't come in very handy in the ocean.
  9. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Sec was leaving the bar and began walking with Rika to the blacksmith, "Dude I think she likes me." Sec had a smile on his face that not even the most fearsome of monsters could rub off. He walked with a bit of a skip in his step as he yelled "She rubbed my face!"

Sec was torn away from his daydream for a mere moment as he realized that the climate seemed to shift and it suddenly got a lot colder. "We might want to pick up some scarfs and heavy clothing if we plan on setting sail." Sec shivered a bit as he noticed they arrived at the shop.

The blacksmith had all sorts of shiny knifes, swords, axes, lances, armor.. pretty much anything that you can think of. Sec was enamored by the shiny materials as he gawked. There were obvious signs that said don't touch anything but that didn't stop Sec from picking up a nice looking Stilleto dagger and began to shadow fight with it. The blacksmith came out after a bit of a delay, it's not that he didn't hear the bell that let him know someone entered it was that he had been working with some rare Goron Iron that had been found in Impa recently. He had extra care because of the expense it is to come across such rare ores. "Sorry I was smelting some rare ore back there didn't mean to keep you waiting." he said as he glanced and smiled at the Kokiri, Sec was still playing with the stiletto as the blacksmith turned his attention to him. "What in the blue blazes are you doin'? Can't you read it says DO NOT TOUCH!" Sec eyes opened wide as he dropped the Stiletto and began to creep toward the door. "Wait a minute... you two saved the town against the foreign threat. Come here." The large blacksmith grabbed the both of them up in his bear like arms and began to thank them. "So what can I do for you?"

Sec responded first, "We were promised a reward for deterring Jagon from destroying the town. I was thinking of a nice gauntlet to add some defense to my arsenal."

"I'm surprised you didn't want the knife you were so quick to play with, he said as he looked quite upset at the man. "I can make ya whatever you need. I have a nice surprise in store as well."
  10. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As the two walked out, Sec made mention of the woman. "Dude I think she likes me." He said to the Kokiri, lost in thought over her. "Haha, yeah, probably. You should ask her out on a date, I'd love to see that." Rika didn't seem as convinced as Sec, but who knows, maybe she did. As they discussed the lady, Sec seemed to notice it get colder. "We might want to pick up some scarfs and heavy clothing if we plan on setting sail." Rika had noticed, but didn't want to bring it up just yet.

"Yeah. . . They said something about a blizzard coming in, right? That's really strange. I'll ask about that after we finish this." Brushing the cold off, the two had reached the blacksmith shop, which was somewhat warmer. He didn't seem to be in as Sec started playing with a knife. "Don't hurt yourself. . . Or break it, for that matter." Rika joked at him while examining the various weapons and armor spread out across the wall.

There had to be something funny about two spellcasters in a blacksmith shop. As the blacksmith returned, he seemed to scold Sec for playing with the dagger, before realizing they were two of the heroes who defended Impa against Jagon's forces. The large man walked over and lifted Rika and Sec into the air, squishing them together with a big hug. Rika really didn't expect that, but I suppose he would be pretty grateful towards them. Setting the two down, the man asked the two what they wanted. Sec requested a new gauntlet for defense.

After responding to Sec, the man turned his attention to Rika. "Well, I had a scythe that was destroyed when we were fighting Jagon's forces. It'd be great if you could make me another." The blacksmith seemed to stop and think for a moment.[color=#brown]"Hmm, I dunno. I don't think I've made a scythe before, it could be tough. . ."[/color] He seemed to think about if he could. "If you can't, it's fine, I have this problem all the time whenever I have to replace it." Rika responded, thinking about where else he could get one. [color=#brown]"Well, what the heck, I can give it a shot! We owe you two our lives, I'd be more than happy to try to make you a scythe! Maybe I can even solve that searching problem for you!"[/color] The man cheerfully exclaimed, throwing his arms up and giving Sec and Rika another bear hug.

"W-Wait, what do you mean?" The last statement made Rika confused as the man set him down. How would he do that? [color=#brown]"It's a surprise, you'll see! They should be done by tomorrow, so just stop by whenever you have time by then!"[/color] Rika gave an affirmative nod at him, responding with, "Yeah, we'll be by tomorrow then. Thanks for making it for us. We have things to do today, though, so we must be leaving, see you tomorrow." Rika let out a light wave at the man before exiting, as he let out a cheerful laugh and said his goodbyes.

Once outside, Rika turned to Sec. "So, what now? We have that out of the way, anything you need to get done? I don't really need any additional clothing, at least not right now." After saying that, Rika looked down at Wollo. "Wollo, you gotta stay back at the inn for now, it'll be too dangerous on the ship for you." Wollo seemed somewhat relieved he wouldn't have to go, but still worried. "Uhh. . . Wollo get worried, though. But, Wollo no go if it too dangrus." The Octorock derpily responded, as Rika turned back to Sec. "I'm gonna go take Wollo back to my room for now. You can get whatever you have to get finished done, and we'll meet back at the docks?"
  11. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

"Yeah I believe some supplies are in order around town," he said as he waved off at his friend. He had to head through the market to get to the dock anyway. As he went through the market she grabbed a nice looking green scarf that looked well on him. "How much?" he said asking the clerk.

The clerk looked at him before realizing who he was, "You were one of the brave mercenaries that fought to protect the town.. For you? Take anything." The clerk didn't have too many things that Sec wanted. But Sec did take a large coat and a scarf. He quickly put them on. "I have to ask? Why do you need these warm clothes. It's the middle of the summer. You aren't planning on stopping the ole dragon haunting the north are you?" Sec paused for a moment and merely shook his head as he walked off.

Some time passed as he was walking he thought of a clever way to use his Rupoor. He dropped it casually and continued walking, he glanced behind him and watched as someone quickly picked it up and shoved it in their pockets. It did however explode and make a poof a black smoke in his pocket as he began freaking out. Sec grabbed a rupee out of his pouch quickly under the veil of the black smoke.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.