Shared rupees?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Guy, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Guy

Guy Admin admin

My character Gustav has 40 rupees. But I want to use his rupees so I can do some stuff with my character Guy, who has an empty wallet. Needless to say, that causes a bit of a problem... Of course, I could come up with any number of bs ways to have Gustav give Guy his rupees. Even so, wouldn't it be better if all the rupees characters received went to the player's total pot, and the player could simply spend them on whichever character he or she wished?
  2. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    No, I don't agree with this. I think characters should be able to give each other rupees, but only if they are in terms where they would give each other rupees and can get the rupees to them.

Why does Guy need rupees though?
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Why is that?

That was just an example, but I suppose so he can gamble them in the arena. either that, or afford one of the countless things on his wishlist.

Anyway, if nothing will change, I suppose it would eventually be easy for my characters to transfer rupees with Commshell + Shell Transfer, since they're all in the Deku Brigade anyway. .-. Although it honestly does bug me somewhat that I have to micro-manage the rupees in my signature.
  4. Seththeshadow

Seththeshadow New Member reg

It doesn't make sense to me that any of my characters could simply pull rupees out of thin air. Plus you could make any number of new characters, get them passed, then be 100s of rupees richer. We would turn into money farmers. o.O

Of course, you could then put a character limit for players, but CJ would cry. And we don't want that. :(
  5. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Yeah, I don't like the idea of a pot for one players rupees. It just doesn't make sense. Say, for instance, one of your characters that doesn't really have anything to do with the other goes and does a quest and then your other character goes and uses his rupees on an item. How did he obtain the rupees? They just appeared there? A BS way of giving them is better than just using them out of a pot.
  6. Adaar

Adaar New Member reg

Although I do see Guy's point, I'm leaning more toward everybody else. While I know Guy isn't an idiot and would make a rupee pool work, I can see it abused by others.
  7. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Exactly.
  8. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Meh, I can see everyone's point. You can't win them all, I suppose.

I suppose that's partly why I made the Transfer Shell ability, anyway. :tpr: