Shadow Enchantment

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Eevachu, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Name: Shadow Enchantment
    P/W/C Type: W, maybe sub-P?
    Appearance: The target is enveloped in generally something appearing to be void of light, as if it is pitch black at the enchanted weapon.
    Description of Function: Shadow Enchantment saps light from around it, stealing all sources of light from up to 7 feet around it. This is not optional. Additionally, objects enchanted with this will magically rend wherever they strike, distorting it in darkness and making it unusable, or at the very least much less effective. This wears off after 15 minutes against living beings, and after 30 minutes for inanimate objects. Arcane weapons and objects are more resistant, recovering after 20 minutes.
    Limitations: Can only be cast once a minute. This does not apply if the user has a Wisdom score of 5.

Here I made this with a lazy C/P of Light Enchantment too, using it's prices:

Spooky Shadows (open)
    `Shadow Enchantment
    Original: Eevachu, Spell - Offensive
    [Enchantment], [Shadow]

W5: 60 rupees
    W4 or P5: 100 rupees
    W3 or P4: 140 rupees
    W2: 200 rupees
    W1: 260 rupees

By channeling their magical power into a weapon held in their hand, the user is capable of temporarily giving it a light sucking property. It will emit darkness, then magically rend it's target on the next impact, distorting it with darkness. This wears off after 15 minutes for living beings, after 30 minutes for inanimate objects, and after 20 minutes for arcane objects. Along with this, the enchanted object will sap all light within the immediate vicinity for up to 7 feet. Because of the magical strain, a weapon can be enchanted by this spell no more than once a minute.

If the user has a Wisdom of 5, or the user's Specialty is Shadow: The magical strain is diminished to the point where the spell can be used indefinitely, or be used on an ally's weapon, but only be active on a single weapon at a time.

By the way, Shadow is listed under treasures, but it's not actually in the fields description part.
  2. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

I'm fine with the concept. However, once a minute doesn't really sound like a limitation for casting, honestly, but I'm not too familiar with the treasure you based this off of.
  3. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

I used it because it's the same limitation all of the other [element] enchantment spells use. I would be fine with increasing it if you want, though.

Edit: Alternatively, to keep them all the same, we can just tone it down a little bit, either one.
  4. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    I would feel more comfortable with toning it down, so that we have consistency between the enchantments.
  5. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

I have since familiarized myself with how the Enchantment system works on HC and henceforth am approving the treasure. Sorry for the huge delay.