Scent Ring

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Quill, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Name: Scent Ring

P/W/C Type: Courage

Appearance: A ring with the ornament of a waft of perfume

Description of Function: The wearer is surrounded by an enchantingly pleasing scent that slows and muddles the mind of anyone who smells it. Anyone who is within the ring's range will find it difficult not to love the wearer. The difficulty of resistance depends on a target's predisposition towards the wearer: a random innkeeper, for example, would have no reason not to love the wearer, while a sworn enemy would have to struggle and fight against the scent's power.

Limitation: The scent does not affect the wearer and extends only about ten feet to each side of him.
  2. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

An... interesting concept, but I'd think you'd be better off halving its radius.
  3. Quill

Done.

Appearance: A ring with the ornament of a waft of perfume

Description of Function: The wearer is surrounded by an enchantingly pleasing scent that slows and muddles the mind of anyone who smells it. Anyone who is within the ring's range will find it difficult not to love the wearer. The difficulty of resistance depends on a target's predisposition towards the wearer: a random innkeeper, for example, would have no reason not to love the wearer, while a sworn enemy would have to struggle and fight against the scent's power.

Limitation: The scent does not affect the wearer and extends only about five feet to each side of him.
  4. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Better. Approved. [1/2]
  5. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

In your innkeeper/nemesis example, are you saying it would be easier for the nemesis to love the person?
  6. Quill

The ring's effect is like a powerful chemical attraction/infatuation. The main use of this is manipulation. The reason I said that it wouldn't work so well on some people is because someone who really hates the person will struggle against the attraction, while someone the wearer just met won't have a reason to, normally. I was unclear, though, and I apologize.

Appearance: N/A

Description of Function: The wearer is surrounded by an enchantingly pleasing scent that slows and muddles the mind of anyone who smells it. Anyone who is within the ring's range will feel as though they are strongly in love with the wearer(, thereby making them more willing to obey him). [[[Is that parenthesis bit needed, d'you think?]]]

Limitations: While a person whom the wearer has never met before, such as a random innkeeper, will have no reason to resist the ring's effects, someone with a grudge against the wearer or something to the same effect will battle against the infatuation. The scent only has an approximate radius of five feet, and it does not effect people or intelligent monsters without any olfactory senses.
  7. Ribitta

Makes sense. I would probably tone down the language a little bit, seeing as "strong infatuation" has driven people to fights, wars, or more. A "seemingly unjustified attraction, infatuation, or even love" would probably suffice. I suppose you could also probably really, really mess around with someone's head with this, so would the effect fade fairly quickly once out of range? If that's the case, I'm down for 2/2
  8. Quill

`Scent Ring
    Original: Quill, Magic Tier - Utility
    [Alteration], [Disable], [Magical], [Ring]

C5: 30 rupees
    C4: 45 rupees
    C3: 60 rupees
    C2: 85 rupees
    C1: 115 rupees

The wearer is surrounded by an enchantingly pleasing scent that causes anyone within approximately five feet of him to feel a seemingly unjustified attraction, infatuation, or even deep sense of love with the wearer, thereby making them more willing to obey him. While a person whom the wearer has never met before, such as a random innkeeper, will have no reason to resist the ring's effects, someone with a grudge against the wearer or something of that sort will battle against the infatuation. The ring's effects begin to quickly fade once out of range, and the ring does not effect people or intelligent monsters that do not possess any olfactory senses.
  9. Ribitta

Approved