s it just me or...

Discussion in 'Zelda Discussion' started by maythetriforcebewithyou, Jun 6, 2013.

1. maythetriforcebewithyou

maythetriforcebewithyou New Member new

I personally think it would be interesting to see a game with Zelda as the hero instead of Link. I know there are games like this in existence, but they are just not good quality like all the other games. Now I'm not saying Link shouldn't be in the game, but maybe he could just play a smaller role.

Maybe it's because I am a girl, but I think the idea has a lot of potential. Especially if Zelda was constantly in disguise. Whether she be acting as a Sheikah, or honestly just anyone but herself. Plus, I just don't like that Zelda is helpless in most of the games, yeah she can be a big help in the final battles, but what about the rest of the game?

What do you guys think?
  2. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Kind of like a Super Princess Peach sort of thing... Could be interesting if they handled it right. Plus it'd be amazing playing as a Sheikah.
  3. maythetriforcebewithyou

Yeah kind of, but anything Princess Zelda does is better. Lol Hopefully if Nintendo ever decided to make a game starring Zelda, Nintendo would handle it, and it would be nothing like the CD-i installment...
  4. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    It's not just you. The only protest I'd have against it is that stuff like swordplay and archery is iconic for the Legend of Zelda, and Zelda has always struck me as more of a mage-y character. Not that that's bad -heck, look at my roster, almost half my characters are mages- but it would be a bit of a culture shock. Nothing I couldn't grow used to though, especially since she has been shown (outside my mental images) to be a capable archer, so that part would remain intact.
  5. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

I agree, I'd love to see a game with Zelda as the main character. I'm not too worried about weaponry or fighting style, though. In Twilight Princess she was shown wielding a sword and a bow, and other games have shown her capable of magic, so I figure the gameplay'd be almost identical to playing as Link.

I've found a fan-made concept once on the net, and it seemed a pretty awesome idea. Doesn't necessarily have to be steampunk style, but I wouldn't mind a game like this.
  6. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

Weird, I like the idea. I'm sure Nintendo would do better than http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O_ZPR2q7cg but I think it would have to be a very different style of gameplay. More puzzle and exploration oriented with less focus on enemies and more focus on solving mysteries and setting things right in the world. It could go oh so wrong but it could also be a success as a spin-off. But something more like how Tingle's Freshly-Picked Rose-Colored Rupee Land is to canon. Go Zelda, it's your birthday.
  7. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Squish, that thing you linked is cool! I clicked the image of Zelda and it acted as a slideshow with all these neat ideas.
  8. maythetriforcebewithyou

I would definitely play Clockwork Empire, but it would be very strange to see Link as a prince xD.

I agree that it would have to be more puzzle oriented, triforce of wisdom considered. lol The idea is something I think a lot of players could get used to. Nintendo could even broaden their fan base this way, assuming they didn't do a horrible job with the game.
  9. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

I think if they took their time they'd be able to make an awesome game :O

I think it's nice and refreshing to have a game with a female hero like that, instead of, well, the busty fanservice-y stuff we normally get.
  10. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    In fairness Nintendo is overall not too bad with the busty fanservice. A little sexist in the damsel in distress to female hero of the story ratio, perhaps, but I personally find myself rolling my eyes at Nintendo's female character design a lot less than at that of many other game companies.

More on-topic, I agree that the change in gameplay is something I could grow used to. However, I do hope that in the hypothetical scenario this game would be made, they wouldn't stop making the 'classical' Legend of Zelda in which we play as Link, because I do think I would actually miss the focus on swordplay and the plot element that often is the Master Sword.