Routing the Horde [OPEN]

Discussion in 'Southern Hyrule' started by Blind Sniper, May 15, 2013.

1. Blind Sniper

Blind Sniper New Member new

OOC (open)
    Hey everyone, just thought I'd start this RP I've been batting around for a while. If you're curious, check this thread out. Bear in mind that this is a story-driven RP, so don't worry yourselves with loot or treasure or the like. Just go with the flow!

Also, this may get a little graphic. If I cross a line somewhere, just tell me and I'll tone it down.

The still night air permeated throughout the landscape, the stillness occasionally broken by a slight northern breeze. Above, the moon shone brightly, and the stars twinkled in the distance like the purest diamonds against a deep blue shroud. A pillar of smoke rose into the air, its source being a campfire that had dwindled from a roaring flame to a dull pile of embers. Around the campfire were a cluster of three or four blankets, each of which held a sleeping member of the scouting party.

While the rest slept, the small clearing that served as home that night was watched over by the two volunteers who agreed to stay awake. Of course, being as late as it was, the watchmen instead huddled around what remained of their fire, drinking and eating what few supplies they had brought and exchanging stories.

"I once heard that Ganon was once a man," one of the men said as he took a bite out of a roasted pheasant. He was a short, stubby sort, his round face encased in a short, coarse beard. "'Course, that's all hearsay and rumor, but what if it were true?"

The other man - taller and thinner, but possessing the same beard - munched on a biscuit a moment before responding.

"Maybe 'e was," he said, his voice thick with a Southern Hylian accent, "but 'e certainly wa'nt after 'e got hold 'o that relic."

Their conversation was suddenly interrupted by a wail in the distance. They turned to face the direction it came from, evidently startled by what they had heard. After a moment of brief silence, they turned to face one another, and just as quickly grabbed their weapons and ran off in the direction of the noise they had just heard, leaving their camp unattended.

After a few minutes of running, they happened upon a clearing, wherein they saw a most gruesome sight. A group of people, representing almost every race in Southern Hyrule, lay dead, their bodies torn asunder. Some were propped up on what appeared to be spears like some sort of deathly scarecrow. The two watchmen looked on with petrified awe as a group of moblins - no more than three - rose from the carnage, their faces covered in blood.

At that moment, they realized that they were witnessing the ending of what was surely a massacre. they tried to remain silent, but the skinnier man couldn't help but unleash a scream of horror as he darted back toward camp. The shorter man followed suit.

That wasn't to be the end of their night, however. As they approached their camp, they noticed that the fire - once a smoldering heap - had once more become a roaring inferno. They were relieved; maybe the others had woken up. Once they ventured closer, they saw a notably different scene.

The other watchmen, the ones who were sleeping, had been killed, and their dismembered remains fed to the fire. Blood, entrails, and bent weapons littered the ground. They stared in horror for what felt like hours before another wail, similar to the one they had heard before, echoed throughout the woods. Without hesitation, they fled, intent on returning to the Eastern Caverns as soon as possible.

They needed to be warned. The Horde was approaching, and they needed to prepare.