Rooting Out Ganon (Canceled)

Discussion in 'Quest Bureau' started by Idarian, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idarian

Idarian Imperator of Known Space reg

Name: Rooting Out Ganon

Description: A group of Hylian scouts have reported that a contingent of Moblins, Dinolfos, Goriyas, and a few Iron Knuckles have infiltrated the lands of Northern Hyrule, about 50 miles north of Death Mountain, in fact, and have set up a fortified camp.

Now, authorities of the Hyrule Castle-Town guard have expressed wishes to attack and clear out the fortress. However, low on manpower, the garrisons of Castle-Town and the surrounding barracks can spare only 15 men to go and join in the attack, so they have called for heroes in the area of Northern Hyrule to join in and spearhead this operation.

Players/Characters: Jon of the House of Augustus (Idarian)
    Triton (Blonde Panther)
    Keiran O'Halley (Samusbot)
    Jayden Darrah (Tsubori)

Reward:
    Jon: -20 Rupees
    Warrior's Call (open)
    Warrior's Call
    aka: Battle Cry, Spirit of the Warrior
    Original:Idarian (Jon); Skill-Offense
    [Empowerment]

Cost:
    C5: 35 Rupees
    C4: 50 Rupees
    C3: 70 Rupees
    C2: 95 Rupees
    C1: 145 Rupees

A brave warrior in battle will often make clear his determination and will to come out on top with a fierce, bellowing cry of battle.

This skill allows a user to increase his agility and attack strength by about 50% for one minute. If such considerations can be managed, this skill does not increase the speed of a charge or of forward motion or any travel. Rather, this skill will improve dexterity and ability to dodge and deliver attacks.

After this buff has lasted for one minute, it will require two minutes before the user can call upon his resolve once more.

Triton: -25 Rupees
    Life

Keiran: 20 Rupees
    Cheval Rope

Jayden: -10 Rupees
    Bomb Bag
  2. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Re: Rooting Out Ganon (Open)

Triton, Zora Sorcerer, volunteers. I will need some time to determine my reward.

EDIT: Reward determined to be the learning of the Life spell. I will pay an additional 25 rupees in order to afford the price of 75 Rupees.
  3. samusbot

samusbot Member new

Kieran O'Halley, traveling Hylian guardsman, is at your service.

20 rupees + Cheval Rope (30 rupees)
  4. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

I'll throw Jayden Darrah into this too.
  5. Idarian

I summon a mod to grade this quest!

Yeah, it's all set to go now.
  6. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Re: Rooting Out Ganon (Closed)

Uh, this passes, but Battle Cry needs to be discussed more. The rest of you may take your treasures and rupees accordingly.
  7. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Re: Rooting Out Ganon (Closed)

So, we've decided that Battle Cry has far too many different effects for it to be just one, single treasure. It's empowering, demoralizing, and taunting effects should be split into different treasures that you will have to purchase individually. Yes this probably should have a cooldown anyways. Also, percents are much less easy than hard numbers. Percents might create fractions. 50% can also be overpowered at a certain point; someone at Power 3 could gain a Power 5 (in effect). Speed and Attack Power at the same time is also overkill. To have a treasure adding one Power and one Courage to all surrounding allies should be a Major Treasure in its own right.
  8. Idarian

So, how should I go about this differently? I mean, isn't this all a major treasure?

Though, you say that a treasure that gives morale boosts to surrounding allies should be a major treasure, and I agree it should, but this skill doesn't do that. Only the user gets a morale boost for a minute, and two enemies get demoralized for a half a minute.

Also, how could I go about doing something similar to adrenaline differently, since that is essentially what this simulates. You are basically initiating the rush of battle.
    So, yeah, I guess my question is, where should I go to keep this less broken up than it could be?

EDIT: I have discussed this with CJ, and have come to a solution. This will be changed tomorrow.
  9. Idarian

In light of recent inactivity, I am going to have to cancel this quest. I will be willing, however, to engage in a quest with anyone who is interested.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.