Roky

Discussion in 'Retired Characters' started by Blonde Panther, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Name: Roky.
    Class: Civilian.
    Race: Kikwi.
    Place of Origin: The Northern Hills.
    Residence: Lon Lon Ranch has a few groups of bushes where Roky has concealed himself for many years now.
    Pet: None.
    PWC: 1/5/3.
    Treasures:
    - Camouflage (Free)
    - Conceal (Free)
    - Illusionists (Free)
    - Specialty [Music] (-20 Rupees)
    - Farore’s Courage (-60 Rupees)
    Equipment:
    Rupees: 20 remaining.
    Rupee/Treasure history (open)
    Character Creation:
    Character Creation +100 r.
    Camouflage -0 r.
    Conceal -0 r.
    Illusionists -0 r.
    Specialty [Music] -20 r.
    Farore's Courage -60 r.​
    Roleplaying spoils:
    Current Balance: 20 r.

Height: 2 feet flat.
    Weight: 35 lbs.
    Appearance:
    Roky is a small, chubby Kikwi, effectively a little ball of fur. The brown part of his fur is short as though not to get entangled in the plant on his back, but his cream fur is very thick and rather long, as if he has developed a winter coat in response to the harsh weather conditions. His nose/beak is short and blunt, but his eyes rather big for his face. On top of his head, he has a very small bush for hair. His plant is a lush green, although it gets pale around the edges. This, too, seems to be a result of the cold conditions in which he has lived.

Personality:
    Driven out of his home, chased to Lon Lon Ranch, attacked by monsters and all alone in the world, it is perhaps not a surprise that Roky is a bit of a scaredy cat. He is very easily scared into shivering, shrieks a lot and is largely useless in battle, except as bait or a decoy, seeing as he prefers running away over fighting even a Deku Baba. He thinks every monster is ‘fierce’ or ‘scary’ and his preferred method of fighting is falling flat on the ground and popping out his plant in an attempt to hide.

However, for such an easily frightened critter, Roky is actually not extremely shy. He has a nice singing voice, even if its high pitch gets him mistaken for a female rather often, and he’s well aware of that- he appears to be more confident when singing, as his voice gets louder and he seems to not have a care in the world. It’s rather cute to see how he puts his little hands together and scrunches his head up to the sky when singing.

For all the fears he has, Roky is easily the most scared of ice (more so than fire), losing his voice, and flying monsters.

Backstory:
    Roky was born in the Northern Hills and lived there for an amount of time, until the blizzards started breaking out. The cold did not sit well with Roky and his family, so the clever Kikwi packed up his stuff and moved south, beyond the border of the cold. However, as the blizzards expanded and the monsters that caused them appeared and started killing everything in the Hills, Roky had to move further and further south.

The more he was forced to travel, the more he started to fear the cold and the beasts that caused it. However, the further south he went, the more monsters he encountered, and none of them were friendly whatsoever. Finally, he fled all the way to the Lon Lon Ranch, where he hid himself from everything and anything and tried to sleep.

However, of course he could not sleep forever, and at night, he walked around the ranch, avoiding the owner which patrolled it. He started to develop an emotional attachment of sorts to the cattle of the ranch, which outgrew his fear of large creatures. However, he to this day does not get along with the cuccos.

However, recently, as the cold starts to reach the ranch, he has noticed a change in behavior with the quadrupedal residents of the ranch and it worries him greatly. He one night ran into the cause of it, and it scared him out of whatever wits he had left. Now he wants to help his big friends, but he’s too afraid to.
  2. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

The character's fine, but the treasure. . .

1) Does the tune effect foes, too?

2) I don't think there should be the C5 bonus, and I'd either remove it or give it a different one, giving a +1 courage buff to all's a lot already.

3) Make sure to specify it doesn't make it go beyond 5 Courage.

4) Maybe bump the rupee cost by 10 for each rank?

Otherwise, unless another staff member has a problem, the character and treasure are fine to me.
  3. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Um... I think the mods might have to talk about this together... I got a PM from Guy saying that I had to define the duration of the effect, but other than that it was fine...
  4. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Well, #1 and #3 were just for clarity. I suppose it doesn't need an increase to rupees, but I didn't think of the duration. I do think a C2 bonus is a lot still, but since I'm assuming it effects enemies too it's not that bad.
  5. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Second draft and re-worded Farore's Courage.

second draft (open)
    `Farore’s Courage
    Original: Blonde Panther, Ability- utility
    [Music][Empowerment][PWC]

C5: 30 Rupees
    C4: 40 Rupees
    C3: 60 Rupees
    C2: 70 Rupees
    Prerequisites to obtain and use: Courage 2 or user’s specialty is Music.

By performing a certain musical number with an instrument or one’s own voice, and putting their conviction into each note, Farore’s Courage can be activated. After this magical song finishes, the user and listeners clear their mind, increasing their ability to think clearly and to more bravely stand up to things that would normally scare them. For up to five minutes, Farore’s Courage bestows +1 Courage on both the listeners and the user. A drawback is that this applies to the user’s foes, as well, as long as they can hear the song being sung. This increase in Courage applies to any treasure’s effects affected by Courage, but not to the cost of Courage Treasures. Under no circumstances can any listener, nor the user, exceed 5 Courage in this way. The duration of Farore’s Courage can be greatly reduced if the user is interrupted in the song.

If the user has a Courage of 5: The Courage increase for listeners is increased to +2 Courage, due to user’s own bravery and strength of mind being most convincing.
  6. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

This is good, then. Approved :U
  7. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Update due to promoting to Regular: Additional Wisdom.
  8. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Update for Vetdom: Additional Courage (ironically).
  9. Guy

Guy Admin admin

As per the request of Blonde Panther, Roky has been retired.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.