Roc Satin

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Spirit Adept, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept New Member reg

Name: Roc Satin

P/W/C Type: None - Magical cloth material

Appearance: Grey satin that is exceptionally light

Description of Function: Material for making clothes that enhances the wearers agility, granting them greater grace when performing acrobatic maneuvers like flips or rolls.

Limitations: Does not give the wearer the training to perform acrobatic maneuvers, the wearer must already be capable of it such moves to use them with the roc satin. Does not enhance the wearer's ability to jump higher or further. Requires one bolt of cloth per shirt or pants, two bolts of cloth for robes.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I think "enhances the wearer's agility" is misleading. That makes it sound all-round and general, but everything else focuses specifically on jumping-acrobatics. So, does this increase flexibility or somat? Kinda vague at present.
  3. Spirit Adept

What I meant by agility is full body movements that require large amounts of dexterity to pull off. Things likes flips, rolls, the sort of stuff you see Link do in combat to avoid attacks and put himself at an advantage. My idea is that it was something that acrobatic based characters could wear to compliment their abilities since metal armor isn't much of an option.
  4. Quill

`Roc Satin
    Original: Spirit Adept, Magic Tier - Utility
    [Empowerment], [Magical], [Material], [Single-Use]

20 rupees

This grey, light satin may be used in crafting by a player-character with a sufficiently-related level in the Crafting treasure. It increases the ease by which the wearer performs acrobatic maneuvers, such as flips and rolls.

-----

I'm not sure if this has enough to it to be a treasure. Its effect is very simple, but it's so marginal that I'm wary of passing it. Perhaps if there was more to it, like an additional effect or something. What are your thoughts?
  5. Spirit Adept

I agree, it does need a little bit more meat on its bones. Do you happen to have an idea of what to add to it to help round it out? Or for that matter, if anyone reading this has an idea feel free to let me know.
  6. Quill

I'll think about it, and if I or any of the other staffers gets a brainwave we'll post it here. For the sake of space, though, I think all non-Spirit / non-Staff should send PMs directly to Spirit for ideas.
  7. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

You can only really do so much with agility-enhancing items. Chances are you might as well just generalize it with Cloud Cotton (though Roc Satin sounds much more appropriate) into a single treasure, rather than attempt to specialize it into two items.
  8. Spirit Adept

That's...that's a really cool idea actually. It'd help round both of them out.
  9. Quill

So, if you're going to combine their effects, which treasure entry do you want moved?
  10. Spirit Adept

Let's remove the Cloud Cotton then. Roc Satin has a better ring to it I think.
  11. Quill

Alright. Cloud Cotton has been moved to the Denied Subforum; please consider what you would like Roc Satin's new effects to be and post updated fields here.
  12. Spirit Adept

Name: Roc Satin

P/W/C Type: None - Magical cloth material

Appearance:
    Grey satin that is exceptionally light

Description of Function: This grey, light satin may be used in crafting by a player-character with a sufficiently-related level in the Crafting treasure. It increases the ease by which the wearer performs acrobatic maneuvers, such as flips and rolls. Clothing made with Roc Satin also reduces the air resistance of the wearer by producing a faint current of air around them, which allows for faster flying and longer lasting gliding as well as reducing the effect of strong winds on the wearer.

Limitations: Does not give the wearer the training to perform acrobatic maneuvers, the wearer must already be capable of it such moves to use them with the roc satin. Does not enhance the wearer's ability to jump higher or further.
  13. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Seems legit to me. 1/2
  14. Quill

How's this, Spirit?

`Roc Satin
    Original: Spirit Adept, Magic Tier - Utility
    [Alteration], [Jump], [Magical], [Material], [Travel], [Wind]

20 rupees

This grey, light satin may be used in crafting by a player-character with a sufficiently-related level in the Crafting treasure. It increases the ease by which the wearer performs acrobatic maneuvers, such as flips and rolls, which are already known and doable by him. Clothing made with Roc Satin also reduces the air resistance of the wearer by producing a faint current of air around them, which allows for faster flying and longer-lasting gliding as well as reducing the effect of strong winds on the wearer. This treasure does not enhance the wearer's ability to jump higher or further.
  15. Spirit Adept

I like it, I totally approve of it.
  16. Quill