Removal of the treasure: Professional

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ribitta, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

A little while ago the treasure "Professional" was added to the Library to help professions out a bit. With the desired change for rupees earned from a profession to be spendable on that same profession in the same thread, this treasure effectively breaks everything. It would essentially mean characters could level all the way to 10 in a profession at the cost of 10 rupees for each level.

We are absolutely going to consider more options to make professions more potent, but for now it cannot be done through this treasure.

For the inconvenience this presents, we apologize. Any character who currently owns this treasure will have it refunded for 50 quest rupees (which can be spent immediately and traded in for a treasure without having to RP for it. No treasure purchase with this may exceed 50 rupees, though.)

If you're currently in the process of questing for this treasure, please make adjustments accordingly.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience and suddenness, but it's a necessary balancing act we must play.

Cheers,
    Rib
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Yes. The two of us and another staffer decided upon this. We realized that in a way I didn't properly consider, the treasure was vastly overpowered and far too exploitable. I hate outright removing a treasure, but that's part of the reason we made this decision and acted upon it as swiftly as we could--before further damage was done.

(Most likely, a more appropriately balanced form of Professional will emerge soon.)
  3. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Hi. I am the other staffer :V Actually, I guess that could be Chu. But yes, this treasure was OP with the changes to profession.
  4. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I approve of this too, even though I was not involved in the conversation at the time.