Raise Dead

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Blonde Panther, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Ultra5 is not in the position to post this treasure today, but did want it submitted ASAP. So, he has asked me to do this. I've filled in the template according to what I could see in the description -- I will edit as soon as U5 returns and tells me to edit things. I should note that according to him and Tsubori, this treasure already exists, and it can be found in Relerin's profile.

Name: Raise Dead
    P/W/C Type: Wisdom
    Appearance: N/A
    Description of Function: Animates a corpse that has been dead for under 24 hours. This corpse can use weapons and will follow any verbal order of its animator.
    Limitations: Casting time 5 minutes, can only be cast once per body, creature is weak to light and fire.

Description Suggestion (open)
    `Raise Dead
    Original: Ultra5, Spell - Utility
    [Organic] [Transformation] [Undead]
    W5: 45 rupees
    W4: 60 rupees
    W3: 90 rupees
    W2: 120 rupees

Prerequisite to acquire & use: Wisdom 2

After drawing a ritualistic design around a body that is less than 24 hours post-mortem and chanting the words of the spell the dead body will rise. The spell takes about five minutes to fully prepare and cast. The raised body is unthinking and will follow any verbal orders of the caster to the best of it's ability. Any creature raised with this spell gains a weakness to fire and an aversion to light. The raised undead is able to use any weapons that it could use in life especially the weapons on it's body at death. While the body is useful for a time the body is still decomposing, and depending upon the raised body's location this can happen rather quickly. The spell lasts for up to two hours or until the caster cancels the spell. Once the spell has been cast on a body the spell can not be recast on it.

I would have removed the W2 requirement, but I wanted to post this as a carbon copy of what U5 sent to me.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Ahh, I remember this. I've actually been wondering what to do about it for a while, so thanks for posting it. I still think this is fine, for the most part; however, there are a few changes I would like to make before [1/2]'ing this. First, I would like to change "casting time 5 minutes" to "this spell takes a few minutes to cast." Second, many of the aesthetics in the description will be removed (U5 can still draw pentagrams if he wants, creative license). Third, I want to emphasize the weakness to light and fire: "the animated corpse is extremely weak to fire and is very fearful of natural light." Fourth, I would like to combine the two hour time limit with decomposition thusly: "this magic greatly increases the rate of decomposition, to the point that the body will become useless within two hours. The caster can still cancel this spell at any time before that."

tl;dr this is fine by me. I will be rewriting it and making minor changes, but other than that.... [1/2]
  3. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    First: Thank you Panther for posting this for me.

Second: It looks just fine to me. Even the little edits that Quill purposed.

Third: Woo hoo! :tpr:
  4. Quill

Name: Raise Dead

P/W/C Type: Wisdom

Appearance: N/A

Description of Function: The caster may raise a dead body as an unthinking corpse which will follow his verbal commands to the best of its ability. The caster may cancel the spell at any time.

Limitations: The body must have died less than 24 hours before the casting of the spell. The spell takes a few minutes to prepare and cast. The corpse is extremely weak to fire and has a severe, instinctual fear of natural light. The spell greatly increases the rate of decomposition, meaning that a body raised immediately after death will have totally fallen apart in two hours. This spell cannot be recast on the same body twice.

[1/2] for the above.
  5. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Approved. [2/2].
  6. Quill

How's this?

`Raise Dead
    Original: Ultra5, Spell - Utility
    [Alteration], [Empowerment], [RC], [Undead]

W5: 45 rupees
    W4: 60 rupees
    W3: 90 rupees
    W2: 120 rupees
    W1: 150 rupees

The caster may raise a dead body as an unthinking corpse, which will follow his verbal commands to the best of its ability. The body must have died less than 24 hours before the casting of this spell, which takes a few minutes to prepare and cast. The raised corpse will be extremely weak to fire and will have a severe, instinctual fear of natural light. This spell greatly increases the body's rate of decomposition, meaning that a body raised immediately after death will have totally fallen apart in a maximum of two hours. This spell cannot be recast on the same body twice, even if the caster chooses to end it early.
  7. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Looks cool to me.
    -Ultra5
  8. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Then we have an accord.