PWC in Ikana Valley

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Quill, May 20, 2012.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Alright, we now have characters originating in the Ikana Vally region. Yay! Problem; we need to determine Racial stuff.

Remembering that PWC for all the regions was dependant on both a region's backstory and the peoples' natural characteristics, I think that the Courage boost would make the most sense, simply because not many people have the backbone or audacity to live side-by-side with 'monsters,' or indeed to make the journey to Ikana at all.

I would like another opinion on this. Thoughts?
  2. Quill

We also need racial treasures. The following is based off the assumption that Courage is the base PWC boost. If Courage is not the base boost, then a reconfiguration of the racial treasures may be in order.

Sense seems to be the automatic Courage treasure, so that takes care of that one. But what about the second treasure?

Jabber Nuts: too easy to get, so that's UP as a racial treasure.
    Spin Attack: over-used as a racial treasure, so that's a last resort.
    Special Triangle Punch: it's possible, but the explanation might be reaching.
    Create-a-treasure: I'd really rather not.

I'm going to take a look at the Character Creation thread for any hints at what to do. Any thoughts?
  3. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Taken from some PMs between myself and Quill.
  4. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

I want to state that place of origin =/= starting location. Although someone can start in Ikana, they would most likely not be born there as it kiiind of wouldn't make sense. Plus, it's meant to be somewhat uncommon/rare for non-monsters to live there, so it wouldn't make a lot of sense to make a PWC for them.

PLUS, when you say "Make a PWC for it" what do you mean? We have many races, all with their own PWCs. I assume you mean Hylian, but that doesn't really make it fit.

In BP's case, it would count as Western Caves.

I don't think we need to make PWC for this, honestly.
  5. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    I think "place of origin" refers to anywhere that the characters would feasibly spend most of their life. Like, the Western Caves PWC is based on spending most of your life there, but you were born somewhere else. Granted, my remembering of the lore is shotty, which means I'm not sure how long Ikana has been actually inhabited by Hylians nor how long people have been in the caves, XD.

Mainly, I was just giving suggestions on the topic at hand. Making a survivalist sounds fun now that I think of it though, XD.
  6. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Well, Ikana is mostly only inhabited by monsters. By the Hylians and such officially, it was very recently discovered, but random Hylians or other races have lived there for quite some time.

And that is possible, CJ, but some don't really have a PWC for every single area. Although like I said, it isn't really meant to be common, so making a PWC for it would be silly.

A survivalist does sound kind of fun though. Like, a character that got lost in Kokiri Forest or something. That's kinda off topic though :U
  7. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Very off-topic, XD

But I do see your point, and I agree that if we had a PWC/Racials for each potential area that a character might end up, then why would we bother with the PWC/Racials in the first place? XD

I was under the assumption that Ikana had been added like the other new areas and Bitoko's laziness had yet to result in the newest areas being statted out, XD.
  8. Quill

I think Toko made a decision on this a couple of days ago. Mind you, I left the C-box before the conversation ended, so I'm not sure if this was his final verdict, but here's what I remember him saying.

He said that for canon settlements that were not in possession of a PoO package, the grading mod should confer with the member in question and configure the individual character's PWC and startup treasures together.

Realistically, this would meant that the member would decide what his or her's character's starting treasures and PWC score would be, and the mod would just make sure that it was a valid decision.

Thoughts?