Purify

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Spirit Adept, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept New Member reg

Name: Purify

P/W/C Type: Wisdom

Appearance: A bright beam of light shot from the user's hands

Description of Function: Removes magical ailments, damages dark magic users.

Limitations: Can't be used by people with Dark Affinity

Description (open)
    The user channels their magic into their hands and fires forth a beam of light at their target. The light doesn't hurt most people, instead it cleanses them of magical effects such as hexes, curses, or other such hindrances. It doesn't have any effect on physical ailments though, such as poison or disease. The beam of light can be sustained for up to a half a minute but the caster must wait just as long before being able to cast the spell again.

When used on a spellcaster with Dark Affinity, however, purify begins to negate their dark magic. The negation itself hurts the target as well as weakening their dark magic spell casting abilities. Because of this weakness, people with Dark Affinity cannot learn or use this spell.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Good. Nice main effect, with a cool little side-story on what'll happen to dark magic users. It's also not random, either, something that might've been a problem. Because the spell washes away harmful magical effects, it also begins to wear at the dark magic users. Of course, right now we don't have very many magical ailments, but that's not to say that things'll stay that way.
  3. Spirit Adept

If it helps, I have the intention of making a magical poison spell and a curse spell. At the very least you'll see the magic poison spell in a day or so. The curse spell...I'm still mulling it over in my head trying to work it out.
  4. Quill

Looks good to me. You say that it won't work in physical ailments, but what about ailments that were magically caused? Would it be like a "if magic is currently powering it" thing, or would it be "if it's normal now it won't work regardless of origin" thing?
  5. Spirit Adept

If magic caused it, the spell works on it. So if someone used a spell to give someone the cucoo pox, it'd fix them right up. But if they caught it from someone else they'd have to use detox instead.
  6. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Agreed with Master Quill.

2/2
  7. Quill

How's dat?

`Purify
    Original: Spirit Adept, Spell - Utility
    [Light], [Healing], [Protection]

W5: 30 rupees
    W4: 45 rupees
    W3: 65 rupees
    W2: 90 rupees
    W1: 120 rupees

The user channels their magic into their hands and fires forth a beam of light at their target. The light doesn't hurt most people, instead cleansing them of magical effects such as hexes, curses, and other such hindrances. It doesn't have any effect on physical ailments, such as poison or disease. The beam of light can be sustained for up to a half a minute, but the caster must wait just as long before being able to cast the spell again.

When used on a spellcaster with Dark Affinity, however, this spell begins to negate their dark magic. The negation itself hurts the target as well as weakening their dark magic spell casting abilities. Because of this weakness, people with Dark Affinity cannot learn or use this spell.
  8. Spirit Adept

Looks good to me.