Prophet's Bargain [Final]

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Quill, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

((Builds off Gift of Prophecy))

Name: Prophet's Bargain

P/W/C Type: Wisdom

Appearance: N/A

Description of Function: The gifted will be able to have prophetic visions while still awake. Additionally, the gifted will be granted a heightened sense of understanding for what he sees.

Limitations: In exchange for this power, the gifted's eyesight is taken from him. The gifted is still unable to summon the prophetic visions. Requires Gift of Prophecy.
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Re: Prophet's Bargain

If you wanted, you might be able to add something about having a greater degree of control as to when they happen, kind of like Curse but not exactly. I wouldn't say you could 'summon' them, but being able to sense when one was coming or something might be worthwhile, just to give an added measure of depth. It doesn't really add that much (since you could already maybe do it) but anything it does add is probably balanced by the whole blindness thing.

Anyway it's up to you. 1/2 either way
  3. Quill

Re: Prophet's Bargain [1/2]

I'm all for that.
  4. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Re: Prophet's Bargain [1/2]

Approved, I suppose. [2/2]
  5. Quill

Re: Prophet's Bargain [2/2]

Can you check the description? I'm not entirely sure I used "forewarning" correctly. Thanks.

`Prophet's Bargain
    Original: Quill, Spell - Utility
    [Disable], [Empowerment], [Scry]

W5: 15 rupees
    W4: 25 rupees
    W3: 40 rupees
    W2: 60 rupees
    W1: 85 rupees

Prerequisite to Obtain: Gift of Prophecy

The gifted will be able to have prophetic visions while still awake, he will have a heightened sense of understanding for what he sees, and while he still cannot summon visions, they will come with some measure of forewarning. However, this power comes at a price. In exchange for the sharpening and advancement of his powers, the gifted's eyesight will be completely taken from him.