Pirates' Fortress [Quill, Razgriz, Squishy]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Quill, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Quill: Marcus [25 rupees] and Loft [25 rupees]
    Squishy: Nefertete [40 rupees]
    Raz: MC Kikwi [Song of Healing, Jabber Nut, 1 Glow Iron brick, 5 rupees]

((OOC: If you want character / reward changes, just let me know and I'll edit them in c: ))

The sea crashed against the sandy beach as Marcus walked along it, his footsteps disappearing as the water tugged the last traces of his presence from the sand. His shoes felt squishy and gritty around his feet, and he winced as he thought of the long slog up the beach like this. Up ahead lay his destination, a large stone wall encircling a narrow cove. A fisherman had told him about the fortress that lay within the cove, a fortress housing a tribe of vicious pirate Gerudo. They had pinched the Zora's eggs from his home, probably to sell them at an underground market. They had wandered across the poor man and his wife as they lay in the sand, the wife wailing as the man leaned against her, nearly dead.

"What would anyone want to do with Zora eggs anyway?" Marcus asked the empty ocean air. He had healed the man and reassured the wife, promising that he would find and return her seven eggs.

"Eat them," a childish voice called, "duh!" Marcus' heart froze. He knew that voice. He had dreaded hearing that voice since they had both disappeared from Snowhead Mountain. He turned to see Loft Kiratel jogging towards him, a lopsided grin stretching his face as he waved wildly to Marcus. "Hi, Marcus!"

"That's barbaric," Marcus said coldly, turning to slosh away in his water-filled shoes.

"You asked," Loft replied cheerily, skipping barefoot down the beach. "Where are we going, anyway?"

Marcus nodded toward the stone wall. "There are pirates in there. We're on a mission to rescue a Zora's eggs."

"Sounds fun," Loft said, looking around the beach. "How will we get there?"

"The fisherman lent us his boat," Marcus said, pointing towards a large row boat. "We'll use that."

"Boats," Loft said, "it's more fun to fly." He shoved his hands in his pockets and kicked the sand. "Who else is here?"

"Don't know yet," Marcus said, "we'll probably see some people around soon enough, if the pattern holds."
  2. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Re: Pirates' Fortress [Quill, Squishy, Razgriz]

Nefertete skipped lightly across the sand, being used to the loose ground from her life in the desert. She had been send to this region with a mission: To find out if the rumors about a band of Gerudo living there were true. Four scouts had already been send before her, but they had never returned, and had either been killed or captured. Now it was up to Nefertete to find back the scouts, and if possible, try to make contact with the band of Gerudos.

So far it was a very pleasant mission. On the way she had encountered little trouble and she was actually quite enjoying seeing a sea of water instead of sand. The sea had always marveled her, ever since she first saw it when travelling to Hyrule from the south. How it could be utterly peaceful one moment, and a mass of raging waves the other, without warning. Luckily, today, the sea seemed peaceful with light waves lapping against the rocks and seabirds soaring high above it.

Nefertete hummed a tune to herself when she spotted two men on the beach, near a rowing boat.

“Oh. Hey! Hello!” She called, walking up to the pair. “Hi there! Um, are you perhaps familiar with this area? I’m looking for a band of Gerudos, maybe you know where to find them?”
  3. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Rothis walked calmly on the beach toward a rumored gerudo fortress, recently he had been teased in the press; No, the nickname for reporters and stuff, not the machine thingy! So anyway, he was chillin' on the beach like a balla' when he saw these two shmucks arguing about some Zora or something, he don't know, he couldn't hear it all. Still a few autographs and a free trip to that fortress was his.

That plan hit the fan when he saw a damn fine lady runnin' to catch them. Time to turn on the swagga'. Approaching the trio (avec MAD swag), he calmly says "Hello mates, et Bonjour madam."
  4. Quill

"Over there," Marcus said, pointing across the water at the stone wall. "That's the Gerudo pirate fortress." The young woman had bright red hair, tanned skin, and golden jewelry; she was obviously a Gerudo. She obviously wasn't a pirate; if she was, she wouldn't be asking for directions. "What do you want with them?" There was a possibility that he could offer her a ride on their boat, but if she was allied to the pirates... their mission was to steal the Zora eggs back from tho sea-faring thieves. It was best to determine whether this woman was with or against the pirates before giving her any information.

"Hello mates, et bonjour madam." A suave voice cut in from the side, and Marcus heard a sharp intake of breath from the side. It was a Kiki; short, fluffy, and a magnet for cuddly-teddy bear-loving kids. Marcus' body went into automatic; without even thinking, he dove at Loft. Too late; Loft had already slipped by him. The boy ran full force at the Kikwi, diving for it with his arms outstretched.

"So cute!" He screamed.
  5. Squishy

“Ah, so it’s hidden.” Nefertete said softly. Getting across the water was going to be a problem, but perhaps she could get a lift from the two men.

“What I want? Oh… I was sent by my tribe to see if I could make contact with them. We’ve sent four scouts before but none of them have returned, so it’s up to me now to find them back. …Say, if that boat is yours, I don’t suppose I could get a lift, could I?”

Then she heard a voice somewhere near her hip.

She turned around to face something small, round and furry. A creature she had never seen before.

“Oooh! What’s this? Is this your pet? It’s so cute! Can I pet it?” She bent forward, stroking the cuddly thing over it’s head and giggled delightedly.

“It’s so soft!”
  6. Razgriz

"Why, I'm Rothis Waltex'ran, but I think you'll know me better as the MC Kikwi, best MC in all Hyrule. Now, why I don't I take you t- UMPH!" the Kikwi's flirting got cut short by a 142 lb. airborne ball of sub-psychotic and childish energy.

"Dude, not cool! Let me finish talking to that fine women right there about our plans later; then I'll give some autographs."
  7. Quill

Loft cocked his head, confused. "What's an autograph?" He pushed himself off the Kikwi and stood, brushing sand from his tunic. "I just want to kidnap you so I'll have a plushy that hugs back."

"Loft, don't do that." Marcus rolled his eyes at Rothis. "Sorry about that; you'll have to ignore him." He turned to address the Gerudo. "Of course we'll help," he said. His tone was simple and pleasant, but inside his head, the gears were grinding into action. A diplomatic mission definitely meant that she would be partial to the pirates, and probably eager to make them happy. What better way to establish good relations than to capture potential thieves?

But, if they could use her as a cover, a way into the fortress.... He bit his lip and glanced over at the wall, separated from them by the shimmering water. "Four scouts? That doesn't sound very promising; these pirates aren't exactly friendly." He nodded, as if making up his mind. "If you'll let us, we'd like to accompany you. We don't want four to become five."
  8. Squishy

Nefertete laughed at Loft’s antics. He seemed to be an energetic boy, quite cute as well. She wondered if he was somehow related to the other one.

“Are you two brothers or something? Or just friends? Or lovers, if that’s your thing.” She did wonder what two kids were doing out here, all by themselves. As pretty as the beach was, monsters were lurking everywhere, it certainly wasn’t a place you’d go to for a family outing.

“Yes, four of us already, among those two quite experienced scouts. I just hope they’re still alive… Oh, that’s very kind of you.” She smiled when she heard Marcus’ offer. “Not like I can’t protect myself, but all help is appreciated! …But what about your cuddly pet? Does he get to come along too?” She patted Rothis’ head, stroking the soft fur. If she ever found out what sort of pet he was, she definitely had to get one for the other priestesses back at the temple.

“Well, shall we be off, then? I think it might be better to get there before nightfall.”
  9. Quill

((Raz, you told us we shouldn't wait too long for you in this CD's original thread, so I'm posting. You can jump in whenever your schedule's less busy. c: ))

The Gerudo laughed, and Loft smiled widely at her. He liked this lady, she was nice. Marcus, for his part, told her not to encourage him. "None of the above," Marcus said, wrinkling his nose as he glanced over at the rowboat nearby. Yes, it could definitely fit them all. "We just happen to frequently cross paths, that's all."

He glanced over at the Kikwi. "He's not our pet," he said hastily, "but he's welcome to come along if he wishes." He clambered into the boat, being careful not to lose his balance in its rocking. He waved them in, indicating to the Gerudo that she should take the very front seat. "Definitely," he said. "We don't want them thinking we're thieves." The irony of that statement made him grin, but hopefully they would just interpret that as him smiling at his own joke. "Loft and I will row," he said, and the two of them took their positions beside the oars. "Everyone ready?"
  10. Razgriz

(Sorry 'bout this guys, still trying to get back into my school work and the backlog of posts I've already got XP)

MC shrugged off Loft, best not to flip out in front of the hot Gerudo in front of him; At least he could now consider himself a even better celebrity, having had a kidnapping threat against him. Thought it was still probably best to keep one of the others between them, just in case.

Returning his attention to Nefertete, "Well, when you're done petting me here, why don't we go back to my place and you keep pe- Oh right, there're children present. Don't worry, we'll continue this later." he finishes winking at the Gerudo.

"Well, whats to say we leave now while there's still light, before the party starts."
  11. Squishy

((Don’t worry Raz, I know your pain Dx))

“Yes, ready! The sooner we get the scouts out of there, the better.” As Nefertete followed the others into the boat, she frowned a bit. Something about this band of Gerudos felt off. The fact that none of the scouts had returned was very worrisome. It wasn’t as if they had send the most inexperienced rookies, in fact, the last scout had been one of the oldest and most experienced they had.

Indeed, the faster they got into the fortress, the better it would be for everyone.

“So, why are you guys actually heading to the fortress? You don’t really seem like the types to do business with a band of Gerudos, if I may be honest.” She said in a curious tone.

Then she turned to Rothis.

“I really hope you don’t find me rude, but what sort of… thing, are you exactly? I’ve never seen anything like you before.”
  12. Quill

They gave the 'go-ahead,' so Marcus and Loft began to pull the oars back to push their boat forward. Nefertete asked him a question, but Marcus shook his head. He needed to get Loft in rhythm; they weren't so much gliding forward as wobbling back and forth.

"Loft," he called, "follow me! Pull," he yanked the oar through the water and lifted it out of the water, pulling it back to start. "Pull," he repeated, doing the same action again. His arms were already starting to burn... at least Loft was following his call. They were sliding forward, although not at a particularly good speed. "Pull," he grunted, his desire to keep the rhythm pushing the leaden feeling in his arms back. The Pirates' Fortress wasn't too terribly far away, thank the Goddesses....
  13. Razgriz

One good thing about being a small, fuzzy was that noone ever asked you to do any heavy lifting. But one great thing about being cuter than a baby koala was that it was so easy to pick up (or rather get picked up by) girls all the time.

"Why darling, I'm a kikwi, just about the best thing that the goddesses ever put in Hyrule. Well after you." MC continued his not too subtle flirting. He figured the normal Hylian wouldn't be a problem and just brush off whatever the kikwi was doing; but the other one, the freaky kid, he was a wild card. But at least was kept busy right now, right now his biggest fear was getting wet. One good splash and his well-groomed fuzzy fur would make him look more like a homicidal gremlin than a kikwi.
  14. Squishy

Nefertete ‘Hmm’ed when Marcus didn’t answer her, but didn’t think too much of it. After all, he had to row the boat and keep Loft on the same rhythm.

She giggled at the Kikwi’s antics.

“Oh please, you’re flattering me! …but a Kikwi, huh? Are there more like you in Hyrule? You should definitely visit the Sand Temple one day! I’m sure the other priestesses would love it.” She said with a bright smile.

They rounded the cliff, and slowly the walls of the fortress came into sight. Nefertete shuddered and pulled her shawl tighter around her shoulders. This definitely didn’t like a nice place. Maybe it was the cold and harsh sea winds, maybe the towering wall covered with spikes, but the place had a foreboding and unpleasant feel about it. She was heavily starting to doubt if it would be possible to make peace with the Gerudo inside.

“Well, any ideas on how to get in? Knock on the gate maybe?”
  15. Quill

Marcus signalled to Loft to stop the boat. They slowed to a calm rocking, still a ways out from the entrance. The wall protecting the fortress looked impregnable and silent; there were no guards manning the walls. Marcus shivered, but not all of it came from the sea breeze. The fact that he couldn't see the Gerudo just made them more intimidating, as was doubtless their intention.

"We don't have a choice," Marcus said. "But... if the others never returned, we may not be safe." He licked his lips and looked at the others. "If possible... I think we should split up. Rothis," he said, "I've heard rumors about Kikwi's skills in stealth. If you and Loft-"

"Who is a ninja!"

"If you and Loft hang back, you could jump in if something goes wrong. If we're all together, we're more vulnerable."
  16. Razgriz

"Nah, just hold on. I'm famous in all over Hyrule, and got a good number of fans here too. Just let lay down some beats and they'll be all over me. We get an in, and I get l-" a quick look at Nefertete maybe changed his mind "and I get a lot of new fans."

The last bit seemed a little awkward, especially from the normally confident and forward Kikwi.

Turning to Nefertete he speaks "I might just do that, especially if they're even half as beautiful as you."
  17. Squishy

((Here comes the squishy snail D: ))

“I appreciate your humour, but I think Marcus is right.” Nefertete said, shooting Rothis an apologetic smile. “Way too many have gone missing, and there’s no saying if the same won’t happen to us.”

She scanned the wall, looking for a way in. Without taking her eyes off the wall, she spoke again.

“I agree we should split up. Maybe…” She licked her lips, a plan brewing in her mind. “Maybe we could create a distraction?” She turned to Loft and Rothis. “Perhaps you could, in some way, distract them, so Marcus and I can get in unseen and try to locate the scouts and- ah. What where you here for again?”
  18. Quill

"Distraction is my middle name," Loft said, puffing out his chest. "I can defy gravity and climb the wall, so," he turned to the little squishy plush monster, "ride on my back!" He leaned over the edge of the boat, waiting for the Kikwi. The moment it climbed onto his back he would push off and swim over to the wall, taking care not to drown it.

Marcus shrugged. "Nothing, really," he said casually. "Make it good," he said to Loft, "but be careful."
  19. Razgriz

MC sighed as climbed onto the five-year-old's back; well, he wasn't five but he he sure as all hell sounded, acted, and thought like a psychopathic, demented toddler. He couldn't just refuse, with no way back to land and not wanting to look bad in front of Nefertete, he would have to do this.

Just before the small child in a large body leapt, the Kikwi turned back to her and winked, flirting "Stay beautiful, beautiful." And with that the two flew through the air and into the water with a splash.

Even as the little killer tried to keep the Kikwi afloat, splashing and waves made it difficult to hang on, much less breathe too. What's more the instrument on his back getting wet wasn't the best for it.

AND WHAT'S THE WATER GONNA DO TO HIS FUR NOW?!
  20. Squishy

“Good luck guys! See you inside!” Nefertete waved as they swam off.

Then she sat back, fidgeting nervously. All they could do now was waiting until they got a chance to get in. And once they were in, she had no idea where to go or what to do. If the giant wall was any indication, the fortress itself was going to be huge, and the tribe of pirates was very likely not going to be a small one.

“Say, Marcus, how do you think we should get in? And what are we going to do once we’re in?”