Pirate's beach [Wrenriz]

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Razgriz, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

OoC Thread: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1312

Sayomi skipped lightly on the white sand of her beach, finally free of all the weight of her armor and gear. Her long awaited vacation had at last been given to her (with no small amount of prodding by the other HAREON members); hey, she had you were supposed to ask for it.

Still, the hot sun warmed the sand under her feet as the cool waves lapped calmly along the beach, playing a sound sweeter than even the Royal Hyrulian Orchestra. A light drink in her hand finished this perfect picture, only the knowledge that she had more than a week left made even better to her.

The only problem was that there was almost noone else around this time of year, a couple of old nobles, the staff; she could of sworn she saw a Rito at one point, but they were pretty rare around here.

It seemed like nothing could ruin this moment...
  2. BirdMasterWren

BirdMasterWren Member new

Nyas enjoyed the feeling of sand between her toes as she sat on the beach's sand, the cool water rising to tickle her toes every so often. The beach, even though it could never compare to Dragon Roost Island, was very peaceful and relaxing. There wasn't even many people here to ask her all sorts of silly questions about being a Rito. No, she did not bob her head while walking, thank you very much!

She looked up for a moment and saw a woman happily skipping on the sand with a drink in her hand. Actually, Nyas was getting kind of thirsty. And she'd had no idea they served drinks here. She stood up, intending to ask the woman about where she got her drink.

"Excuse me, but--"

Nyas tripped over a large rock, sending her falling towards the woman with a squawk.
  3. Razgriz

Sayomi's day was coming to a close as the evening sun began to bleed into the water, turning the sea from a soothing blue-green into an invigorating orange that seemed to lift her already considerable energy. Just when she was getting ready to head-in and see what the night life was like in this part of the country, when suddenly the Rito from earlier appeared! So she hadn't been imagining her! If only the others would believe her...

Say heard the girl begin to ask a question when she suddenly feel all over Say, knocking her down and spilling her drink. With this sudden revelation she couldn't help but blurt out her excitement in her loudest voice "It wasn't ME that fell this time!" no way the others would believe that!

For a moment she didn't mind just laying down on the warm dry sand as it pressed lightly into her skin; but soon she got up and offered the Rito a hand, "It's okay, it happens to me all the time, you should have seen me on the obstacle back in HCT!"
  4. BirdMasterWren

At first, Nyas was going to apologize loudly for knocking the girl down until she said, rather hilariously, that it wasn't her who fell this time. Even though it was still awkward, Nyas's surprise took away most of her worry.

She took the woman's offered hand. "Oh...well, thank you. I'm sorry you spilled your drink. I was going to ask where you got it."
  5. Razgriz

Say spoke with a smile as she pulled up her new friend, "Oh, it's okay, there's a cute little bar over here. Would you care to join me for a drink?" she tried to recall all the manners she had been carefully taught in her childhood, but her career choice left little time to practice.

Sayomi hurried over to the bar and waved for the Rito to join her "I'd ask for a race, but I think that would just be whoever feel down the least!" she joked, unaware the silhouette of a ship had appear on the horizen...
  6. BirdMasterWren

Nyas laughed and followed Sayomi to the bar, noticing something moving in the corner of her eye. She turned and saw a ship. I didn't know that ships docked here, she thought. This place is really interesting. She turned back to the woman.

"I'll have whatever one you were drinking before. Oh, I'm sorry I didn't catch your name. Mine is Nyas."
  7. Razgriz

Sayomi ordered them both drinks as they took their seats at the bar, she'd heard it was a local specialty. But whatever it actually was, it was delicious. "I've never heard that name before, I'm Sayomi Rei, of the HAREON knights!" she spoke proudly, but mostly loudly. "I've heard great things about Dragon Roost Island, like that there's a dragon on it!"

The ship seemed to anchor a few hundred feet from shore as it launched smaller boats toward the shore. The bartender only seemed to sigh as they came on the beach.
  8. BirdMasterWren

"It's nice to meet you. I've heard about the HAREON knights. They're supposed to be a group of very skilled individuals, right?"

Nyas turned and saw the smaller boats coming to shore. "Oh, why are they doing that? Isn't there a place for them to dock?" she asked Sayomi, sipping her drink.
  9. Razgriz

"Hmm? Oh, I don't know, but the beach is soooo much prettier, I'd want to land there too!" she spoke excitedly, as if eagerly awaiting them. The bartender merely reached under the bar and produced two bottles of rum, which a sailor grabbed as was running past, throwing some rupees on the counter as he passed.

It seemed as though the entire village livened up as the pirates came into town, even the residents took to dancing, drinking and fighting like the ones that just came into town. Finally a little real action from all the relaxation.
  10. BirdMasterWren

Nyas looked around as the village changed suddenly. Something about the people on the boats made them different. Then it hit her.

"Oh no...pirates? Here? Now?" Nyas hadn't brought her sword or anything. She hoped none would try to mess with her or Sayomi...though if Sayomi was really part of HAERON, she had nothing to worry about.
  11. Razgriz

Sayomi looked on in wonder at the scene unfolding before her, the calm, peaceful, welcoming town turned into the largest party she'd ever seen. She sprinted toward a group of them dancing, pulling Nyas with her, indescribably eager join in. A sentiment that was obvious from her face and body language.

But how would the two clumsiest people on the island fare dancing against the rest of the island?
  12. BirdMasterWren

Nyas wanted nothing more than to stay out of the chaos, but suddenly she was found dragged, stumbling, into a group of wildly dancing people. She bumped against people on all sides of her, calling out Sorry's every time.

"S-Sayomi...this doesn't seem like a good idea! If there's pirates around, it could be dangerous!" A part of Nyas suspected that Sayomi wouldn't listen or just didn't care.
  13. Razgriz

Sayomi started dancing around, losing herself in the pulse of the music and rhythm of those around her. Whenever she stumbled or fell she made a (not so) smooth recovery, and just continued kept on moving. "Don't worry, there are other people too!" she called out to her friend, hoping to bring out some life in the girl.

Whatever Say was doing, one of the larger pirates had heard Nyas comment and didn't really appreciate the connection... (or maybe he just wanted to dance)
  14. BirdMasterWren

Nyas looked around skittishly, unable to really get into the mood of the dances. Even though, Sayomi assured her it was okay, she kept looking around for pirates.

One of them turned their head at her comment and glared at her, a dangerous gleam in his eye. He walked (or danced, really) over to her.

"Eep," Nyas said quietly.
  15. Razgriz

The giant pirate had an odd look on his face, one of both anger and curiosity "Whhh-wh-what did ya' jussay lasssssie?". It's obvious he's not in complete control of himself, despite landing on the island mere minutes ago, but it's almost impossible to tell if he's going to fight or dance with Nyas.

Then, just when she should be defusing the situation, Sayomi came up beside the Rito and whispered in her ear "Ready to earn your wings?" pushing her lightly forward.
  16. BirdMasterWren

'Lightly forward' was all Nyas needed to trip and knock the drunk pirate to the ground. As the pirate's face became more and more angry, Nyas scrambled back. "S-sorry....I...um...I'm a bad dancer?"

She looked around as more pirates saw the situation and moved closer. Oh no... Nyas thought.

"Ay! Why'd you jus' knock him down?" said one, glaring at Nyas angrily.

"N-no, it was an accident..." Nyas looked towards Sayomi worriedly.

"I'll shhhhhow you an accident...." He hiccuped a bit and drunkenly drew his sword.
  17. Razgriz

"WOOOOOooooooOOOOOOOOOOT! FIGHT!" screamed the knight, grabbing a chair and throwing it across the room with surprisingly more finesse than would be expected of her entirely-sober self.

Though, evidently, pirates don't like flying chunks of wood and nails landing on them, regardless of the intentions of the the thrower or the situation. Soon the entire bar descended into a full-out brawl, with the pirates too drunk to tell eachother apart they simply fought everyone. Most probably couldn't even remember why they were fighting.

Sayomi rather seemed to be enjoying the whole thing (probably having had a few too many to realize the danger) seemed to be dodging with surprising grace (for the knight) but holding back her real strength.