PH Vs. ST

Discussion in 'Zelda Discussion' started by Beckett, May 31, 2013.

?

PH or ST?

1. PH

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. ST

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Undecided

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Beckett

Beckett New Member new

Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks are both handheld Zelda games, each offering a similar (graphically speaking), yet completely different (plot wise) experience for gamers everywhere. The question is, out of the two, which one do you prefer the most and why?
  2. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

Ah, that question I still have a very vague answer for. They're both very close to each other, but I think I have to give a slight edge to Spirit Tracks. Although some people complain about the condensed movement between places, I think that makes it all the more challenging! In Phantom Hourglass, if you see an enemy on the sea, you avoid it easily unless you want to make contact. In Spirit Tracks, you need to avoid all enemies, and the carts on the track add strategy, since you need to figure out how you are going to proceed if you are going to make it to your destination.
    On a more plot-oriented standpoint, Spirit Tracks also gets a slight edge simply because I felt that it used more of the 3DS features in its games, and there were so many different side quests and collectibles that I was hooked.
  3. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

I'm gonna have to go with PH. I actually really enjoyed PH. Plus it had Linebeck. Linebeck! How can you not love Linebeck?!

By the way, you should make this into a poll Beckett. That way we can vote on it.
  4. Fcgfyv

But in Spirit Tracks, we have Linebeck III! He's just as cool!

I approve of this statement.
  5. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Yeah, but Linebeck III didn't play the same role as Linebeck I. Linebeck was featured a lot more, and personally, I'd take a lot of Linebeck over a little Linebeck.
  6. Fcgfyv

Touché, but I still think my reasons for Spirit Tracks trumps Linebeck. Just my opinion, though.
  7. Beckett

Beckett New Member new

Added. =D
  8. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    I find PH to be one of the worst Zelda games there is. I just didn't enjoy it. And the Ocean King Castle? Terrible.

I actually enjoyed ST much more. It built on what PH did wrong and turned out to be a pretty solid game. Yeah, I had to revisit the same dungeon a few times, BUT, I didn't need to do everything over and over and over again. That was so frustrating. Plus, I liked the story better and Zelda's role in it. It was a sweet story.
  9. spark

spark New Member new

I haven't played Spirit Tracks yet. But I REALLY don't like Phantom Hourglass. Having to do the same stupid puzzles over and over and over and over... ugh. I found it incredibly difficult, but it was also boring! I can deal with boring. I can deal with difficult. But difficult AND boring? No. I gave up eventually, I've never beaten it. I don't think I even got half way.