Pelkar Travis [Finished, I hope]

Discussion in 'Accepted Characters' started by The Janitor, Mar 31, 2011.

1. The Janitor

The Janitor New Member new

Rupees: 100
    -40 for Don Gero's Mask
    -10 for Weapon (Goron Hammer)
    50 left over.
    ----------------------------------------------------

Name: Pelkar Travis

Race: Zora

Place of Origin: Eastern Sea, off the coast from Death Mountain

PWC: 3/3/1

Treasures: Don Gero's Mask

Height: 5 foot 10 inches

Weight: 112 (he's lighter than usual because he's a Zora.)

Equipment: Goron Hammer: The hammer of his Goron friend, its a little bigger than a mallet, but packs more of a punch. He wears it in a holster strapped to his upper leg.

Appearance: Pelkar is tall for a Zora. His skin is darker than the usual Zoran silver, more grey and not shiny. His headtail was damaged in a fight with a Gyorg, making it almost useless for swimming. to compensate for this, his fins are larger and more powerful. He doesn't wear much when not on the surface, but when he is he wears a black "kilt". He wears his hamer strapped to his leg. His eyes are blue, like most Zoras, and his nose is rather large. He isn't attractive by human standards, but to a Zora he is rather handsome.

Residence: A small cave in the Coral of the Eastern Ocean. It is hidden deep within the coral through several long tunnels. The cave itself is half filled with air, so Grepjek can actually breath.

Pet: Grepjek The Salamander.

Backstory: Pelkar was raised the fifth son of Helkaro Travis. He had seven sisters, and several more younger brothers. Shortly after he was born, a Gyorg attacked the settlement, killing several men and tearing off a sizeable chunk of his headfin.

When he was ten, he spent a while traveling the surface were he met his best friend, the Goron Terajin. Terajin was being raised as a Goron warrior, fighting with a Goron hammer. The two talked often, and even when Pelkar was underwater the two exchanged letters. Eventaully, Terajin had to spent more and more time inside Death Mountain training, and the two were unable to contact each other for many years.

During this time Pelkar found a small baby salamander. He decided to raise it, naming it Salamy. However, he eventaully bought a Don Gero's Mask and managed to talk to it. The salamander informed him its named was Grepjek and made him swear he would never call it Salamy ever again.

Several years later, when Pelkar was almost twenty, the Zora awoke to the sounds of an army. Above the surface, Ganon had begun to siege Death Mountain. The Zora retreated deeper into the water, unsure of what was happening and not wanting to betray their position.

Months afterwards a Zora saw a small stone tablet sinking into the ocean. Inscribed on this was a short, simple message.

Ganon.
    Attack.
    The gates are destroyed.
    Stay hidden.

The day after the stone tablet fell, the Moblins dragged hundreds of dead Gorons to the beach, disposing the corpses into the ocean. Among the dead was Terajin, still gripping his hammer with lifeless fingers. In his other hand was a small carving tool used for inscribing messages in rock.

Pelkar spent three days mourning over the death of his friend. He took the hammer from his one time friend's cold fingers, swearing on it revenge for him and all of his people. Pelkar and the other Zora were forced into deeper concealment. Aquatic enimies became a fact of life and Pelkar became a Zora Warrior.

Now, fifteen years later, Pelkar's mother is quickly failing. He spends all the time he has watching over her, and the rest defending his people. The weight of Terajin's hammer is constant, reminding him of his vow of vengence.
  2. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I have 2 issues with this character. Did your friend get killed by Ganon in the middle of the ocean? And in HC there isn't Ganondorf, because that refers to his gerudo self which doesn't exist here, instead its the Monster Ganon that does. And lastly, I don't like the idea of a toxic sludge flowing from death mountain into the Eastern Sea, it effects the RP too much and doesn't really fit in.
  3. The Janitor

The Janitor New Member new

Well, I changed up the backstory and fixed those problems.
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

A Zora raised by Goron is a little mary sue, but the salamander combined with don gero's mask is a neat idea. Anyway, I don't see any reason I should reject this. Accepted.
  5. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I like the revisions Janitor, especially the part of Moblins through goron bodies into the ocean haha.