Pegasus seed supply (open) (review)

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Tsubori, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

I haven't got anything for it yet, but I'm just wondering if a Pegasus seed supply is at all reasonable. Probably expensive as hell though.

Edit: And courtesy of Quill, here we are.

`Pegasus Seed Supply
    Canonical, Magic-Tier - Offense/Defense/Utility
    [Empowerment], [Seed], [Stock], [Time]

W5: 50 Rupees
    W4: 75 Rupees
    W3: 100 Rupees
    W2: 125 Rupees
    W1: 175 Rupees

One of these seeds appears as a small pale-green fruit, in a shape similar to a wing. Activating one by throwing it down at the user's feet, or consuming it, effectively doubles the user's movement and reaction speed for several minutes. It allows them to, among other things, run remarkably fast and fight particularly well. It does this by halving the pace of time for the affected individual. By contrast, if the seed hits firmly into a target and bursts open, the seed will have a negative effect that freezes the target in time for several seconds. A Pegasus Seed is consumed with use.

This treasure supplies the user with a practically limitless supply of Pegasus Seeds.
  2. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Re: Pegasus seed supply (open) (review[ish?])

While this is still in review, I would like to say that a Pegasus Seed Supply, really at any price, probably shouldn't be accepted. Pegasus Seeds, and a few others, like Gale Seeds, Razor Seeds, and Armor Seeds, all have powerful effects that could quickly become overpowered if you have an unlimited supply.

That said, it's actually fairly easy to buy these seeds in bulk for a reasonable amount. The thing with these seeds is that it would be problematic if a player character was grabbing handfuls of them and was throwing them everywhere (the effects of the seeds that do have supplies aren't powerful enough to cause something like mass panic), or something along those lines.

Another alternative is that you could consider creating a profession or treasure that gives a discount on purchasing seeds (in bulk or even just single purchases).