Password Reset System: Not working?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Velyoukai, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Velyoukai

Velyoukai Member new

A mate of mine, Staticpulse, is trying to recover his password, but the page seems to just be...

(chancellorpso) But all I get is the something telling me the forums are going to be down

...and there's no e-mail being sent to him.

Just figured that should be mentioned, in case it causes any problems down the line.
    -Vel
  2. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Is he accessing the correct board? I know that the phpbb3 board (the old software before the switch) has a message about how the boards will be down. Those still exist at http://boards.hyrulecastle.org . Is the issue that he has forgotten his password?

I just need a little more information to troubleshoot properly so if you could gather where he is attempting the reset and exactly what happens thatd be great. Im on the road driving through a canyon so I will do my best to check it out when I get home.
  3. Velyoukai

Velyoukai Member new

He is working from the forums.hyrulecastle(dot)net functions, but the link for password recovery on forums directs him to the boards.hyrulecastle mentioned above.

He has forgotten his password, aye. So far, there's been no trouble we've noticed with the actually logging in process.
  4. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Thats weird, it may be a problem with his cache, as the password reset seems to work fine on my end. Is he clicking on the forgotten password link under the login button on the sidebar? When he does that, a small overlay window should appear asking for his username or email address. If nothing seems to work, I can see if I can reset his password for him.
  5. Velyoukai

Velyoukai Member new

When using whatever he was using before, and when using the password reset option under the login button, he is reporting the same response from the site, and continued lack of e-mail.

[​IMG]
    Going for the manual reset would be mad-appreciated, Toko-rin.
  6. Velyoukai

Velyoukai Member new

Actually, Toko-rin:

(9:18:52 PM) [Echoes of Light]: (chancellorpso) Alright, lets see if this works
    (9:19:04 PM) [Echoes of Light]: (chancellorpso) Yup, it did
    (9:19:13 PM) [Echoes of Light]: (chancellorpso) Changing 'board' to 'forums' made the password reset work

So I think he got it to work on his end.
  7. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Ok, well he may need to do it again because I changed his password in the acp, I glad he figured it out though.