OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Eternis, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Hi, with the addition of the marketplace, the inherent capitalist inside me is now attempting to corrupt the system!
    T_T YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! T_T
    However, it DOES have some upsides for you peeps!
    I've created my first marketplace character, a Goron Blacksmith (level 4 + smith skill), and he's willing to forge weapons and armor for any who need it. Darius Smidyon welcomes all customers, and really wants to sell you something.

More to come when my next crafter character is made!
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

...This is what I feared would happen if I made Crafting as lenient as it is now.

Eternis, do not make a character who exists purely to be a Blacksmith, a character who exists purely to be a Woodworker, a character who exists purely to be a Tailor, and a character who exists purely to be a Botanist. Not that I'm implying you will, but don't be a smartass and make three out of the four, either. I've loosened the bolts to enable people to enjoy the system more, and tried to subdue my suspicions that people would only exploit more lenient mechanics. Please, don't make me regret that. Do not exploit the system.

That said, I'm happy that you're excited to use the Marketplace, and to make Crafting characters.
  3. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Of course not. Darius begins as a blacksmith, then as he hears more about the situations of the world outside, collects his "payment" in terms of people accompanying him on ore gathering expeditions (See: Quests, and the characters paw what they owe to darius at the end). Celia (the Deku Woodworker) has fallen in love with Darius, and so does the same thing, except to brush up on her skills such that she can be useful to him on these expeditions. I have yet to design the next two characters, but I have no doubt that their stories will be at least somewhat similar.
    My point is intended to be that the marketplace ISN'T just a place where things are bought and sold, but can also be the basis for RPing.