One Pokémon from your team

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blonde Panther, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    One Pokémon from your team
    or
    Where we fawn about our favourites

If you had to pick one Pokémon from your full team with which to go on a Pokémon Adventure, who would you pick and why? Using stats and typing in your consideration is nice, of course, but please don't be a competitive bore and pick solely based on those things. You can do this for multiple versions if you like.

Pokémon X: KAOS
    [​IMG] <---- Meet Kaos.
    Nature: Modest
    Level: 37
    Moves: Slash, Bite, Future Sight, Swords Dance
    I've wanted to use an Absol in my main team for a long time now, but in all versions I've played they weren't available for capture until so late in the game that I couldn't fit them into my teams anymore. When the Mega Evolution was revealed I found once more that I wanted to give Absol a go, and when I found out how early in Kalos I could get my hands on one, it was decided. I lack the time and the patience to put my entire team through pokemon-Amie treatment, so I only do it to Kaos... and boy, does it pay off.
    Other than its Mega Evolution, stats that are workable now that the Special/Physical split has happened, awesome design and interesting flavour text, Kaos' position as my favourite in my Kalos team has been cemented by his Crowning Moment of Awesome in the third gym of the game.
    Spoilers for the third gym (open)
    I'm no stranger to victories that SHOULD NOT HAPPEN, but this one is special in the sense that, in completely in-character Absol fashion:
    Kaos predicted the downfall of Shalour City Gym's Korrina.
    My Braixen, who has Psyshock, managed to one-shot and two-shot Korrina's Mienfoo and Machoke without too much trouble. I hadn't anticipated the Hawlucha though. I've had a particularly traumatizing experience with a Hawlucha in Reflection Cave, so I knew I had to sweep the hell out of it in case it had a similar, terrifying moveset. Braixen didn't get a chance to Psyshock it, as he was taken out by a Flying Press after being softened up by Machoke. Going through my team, I knew that Pyroar, Amaura, and Gogoat weren't an option because of their type disadvantage, and Pidgeot wouldn't be much use because Hawlucha is part flying, itself.
    In an uncharacteristic move, I sent out Kaos- with his level 37 the highest-levelled Pokémon in my team. The first thing I did when I put him out was make him use Future Sight- this guaranteed a Psychic-type hit on the damn thing, even if it killed him. He miraculously survived a Power-up Punch, so he proceeded to soften Hawlucha up with a critical hit from a Slash (the reason I'd selected Slash instead of Bite, which would also have been not very effective). In total, that took out about half its health, I think. Hawlucha followed up with a Flying Press, which sadly took out Kaos. However, as Kaos went down...
    Future Sight kicked in.
    Being very weak to Psychic balanced out Kaos' unstellar Sp. Attack, and Future Sight cut off the remaining half of Hawlucha's HP, winning me the battle because KAOS HAD PREDICTED THE DISASTER.

Pokémon HeartGold: DIN
    [​IMG]
    Nature: Rash
    Level: 73
    Moves: Fire Fang, Fire Blast, Quick Attack, Overheat
    Okay, so I'm technically cheating here. Din is NOT on my HeartGold main team. She's actually a bit of an experiment- my first venture into the time-consuming task that is EV training. In particular, Din has been trained for Special Attack and Defense, and while I know she won't stand up to anything in competitive, she's kicking ass in singleplayer.
    I've always been the only person who likes Flareon. They look super fluffy, and besides I've got a soft spot for early-gen Fire-types and for Eevees. Adding to this that I've put an ungodly amount of time and effort into Din compared to most Pokémon, this makes it so that Din is currently my big favourite on my HeartGold cartridge.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  2. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    As much as I want to say my Mega Lucario from Y, I gotta say Fi.

Pokemon Y: Fi
    [​IMG]
    Nature: Quirky
    Level: 30
    Moves: Shadow Sneak, Aerial Ace, Cut, Swords Dance
    Well honestly I don't know how good this Honedge would be in competitive battling, but I choose her as a favorite because of how she proved herself during this latest part of Pokemon Y. She was not too good starting off. She was OKed a lot and could barely old her own against anything. Then came the fighting types. I don't know if it was just my bad luck or something else, but no one else on my team could really stand up them, except Fi. With her Ghost typing able to keep Fighting type moves from hitting her she was able to near always set up triple Swords Dances the Aerial Ace the ever living hell out of every Fighting type. (And before anyone says anything I know Ghost being unaffected by Fighting is what caused this next part I know but it was still no less badass in my opinion.) The final part came when she singlehandedly swept the entirety of the third gym getting OHKOs on everything after setting up.

Pokemon FireRed, Diamond, HeartGold: Bahamut
    [​IMG]
    Nature: Adamant
    Level: 100
    Moves: Outrage, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Fly
    This guy. I raised him from a little Dratini in FireRed. I beat the Elite Four with him and use him in the islands post game. After I got Diamond and got the ability to I transferred him over to Diamond and got him leveled up to 100 in Diamond's postgame. Once I got HeartGold I transferred him over there honestly just to run around the over world with a Dragonite following me. Sadly my longest lived Pokemon could not last. Something glitched or something when I tried transferring
    to White and he was lost forever. He was neither back in the game he came from nor in the game I tried to send him to. He remains my longest lived Pokemon. Lost to time all too soon.
    R.I.P Bahamut
  3. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

I don't have one for X yet, but I'll make sure to make an update when I do.

Pokemon Emerald: Sceptile

[​IMG]

Nature: Rash
    Moves: Leaf Blade, Cut, Earthquake, Hidden Power (Fire if I remember correctly)
    This was my starter in Emerald. It's the oldest Pokemon I have out of any Pokemon from any game. It has no nickname because this was before I nicknamed my Pokemon, but I'm super atttched to it anyways. To this day Sceptile remains my second favorite pokemon because of this. Don't ask why it has cut, and it would probably be awful competitively, but I love it anyways.

Pokemon XD, Emerald: Espeon

[​IMG]

Nature: Naughty
    Moves: Psybeam, Psychic, Confusion, Bite
    THIS is the reason I love Espeon so much. In retrospect it was an absolutely horrible Espeon, but at the time it was the greatest thing ever in my young mind. Again this was before I nicknamed my Pokemon, but that doesn't mean anything. It was because of this thing I beat the battle pike and got the frontier symbol from Lucy. This was, and continues to be my favorite Pokemon I've ever had. Sadly, I lost it trying to perform the cloning glitch on my Rayquaza. It was a huge success, and I still have two Rayquaza's from it, but at a cost. It deleted one, and only one pokemon from my PC. That pokemon was Espeon...

Pokemon Black: Giggles

[​IMG]

Gender: I forget. Don't have it anymore unfortunately, so I can't check.
    Nature: Forget this too. Again, I don't have it anymore.
    Level: Unknown
    Okay, I don't remember many details about this off the top of my head, so I cant give the information on it. But I loved it anyways. It was because of Giggles the Gigalith I came to love Gigalith. I caught it in Black as a little Roggenrola, and raised it up to this. It served me well throughout the game, and I don't know what was so special about it, but I grew attatched to Giggles more than any of my other pokemon.

EDIT: It seems that Pokemon X.D got changed to the XD smiley. I'm not changing it though. It's funnier this way.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2013