"On Quests" Alteration

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Quill, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Hello all! As the title implies, I may a small edit to the Quests system. The [Open] and [Closed] tags used to be on the repeatability of quests. However, it seems that a much more practical use of these tags would be about registrations, not repeatability.

For the technically minded, I removed this paragraph...

Removed (open)
    If a thread is "open," it can be completed again by a different party for similar rewards. This is largely on a case-by-case basis. For instance, in the earlier example, the vampiric Zora cannot be slain again--that's a closed quest. However, if the party ends up failing and only being infected by the vampiric disease themselves, then the Zora could still be dealt with--that's an open quest. Whether or not a quest is open should be noted specifically in the title of the thread. If a quest is dubbed "Vampire Zora," then the title of the Quest Bureau thread could be "[CLOSED] Vampire Zora" or "[OPEN] Vampire Zora."

and added this paragraph to an earlier place in the thread...

Added (open)
    Quests have either a completely predetermined cast list or some level of walk-in registrations. If there are any open slots, an [Open] tag will be included in the thread's title. If, however, the cast has already been determined by the time of the thread's creation, a [Closed] tag will be included in its title.

So, basically, [Open] means that there are signups, and [Closed] means that the list is already completely predetermined. You don't have to go back and edit anything, but please keep this in mind for the future. Thank you for your time!
  2. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Makes sense to me. That's honestly what I thought they were for a while after signing up :P
  3. Quill

Ya. Not only is this simpler, but it's also what's already being done, for the most part. XD
  4. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Awesome Quill XD Truth be told the repeatability of a quest always confused me, so I was already using [signups open] and [signups closed] tabs. This frees up characters to use for my title- seems trivial but thanks anyway!
  5. Quill

You're welcome! If someone wants to repeat a quest now, they can just ask either the players or a staffer. Seems simpler.