Obid of the Gorons (Awaiting approval.)

Discussion in 'Accepted Characters' started by The Janitor, Jul 1, 2011.

1. The Janitor

The Janitor New Member new

Rupees= 100-60= 40-30= 10

Name: Obid of the Gorons

Race: Goron

Place of Origin: Nabooru

PWC: 3/3/1

Treasures: Goron Punch, Stone Skin, Fire Breath, Flame Choke

Height: 6 foot 4 inches

Weight: 360 pounds

Equipment: Obid has two weapons; his deadly Katars.

Katar: The Katar is a metal gauntlet covering both hands. On one of the gauntlets is a single wide knife for stabbing. The other gauntlet has three knives. The three knifes can fold together into one knife, but they can also split, creating deadly claws. Obid's Katars are fairly new, and cover his entire hand and lower arm. They are black and shined to a terrible perfection. However, being made of normal metal, they are already starting to show signs of distortion because of the sheer force put on them when used by a Goron.

Appearance: Obid is fairly tall when compared to a Hylian. He is a little short compared to other Gorons, with wide shoulders and stocky legs. Obid is muscular and has a wide mouth filled with small teeth. His hair is long and shaggy, covering almost all of his head. His eyes are purple and squinty, set squarely in the middle of his rounded head. When among friends or when he'll break into a wide toothy grin, but that can quickly become a statue of fury. Obid usually wears a set of torn pants and a necklace made of Gyorg teeth.

Residence: Obid lives in a small house, containing only a kitchen and bedroom. The entire house smells smoky, and soot is almost everywhere.

Pet: None

Backstory: Obid was not very old when Death Mountain was stormed by Ganon’s armies. His father was killed defending the gate and Obid was taken to Nabooru by his uncle. His entire life he has heard the stories of the great Goron Warriors and their defeat by the wizard Ganon. Eager to prove himself a true Goron Warrior and avenge his father, Obid has learned how to fight from Gorons passing through.

He often travels to the Goron Slums to learn a new technique or hone his skills. Recently he finished stockpiling bombs and had his Katars crafted by a neighboring Goron. He now travels the land, hunting down servants of Ganon wherever they hide and destroying them.
  2. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Janitor, I would approve this if this were your first character; seeing as this is your fifth, I would like to try and help you improve on your character creation instead of out-right approving this. To me, the first step to becoming a better roleplayer is making a solid character; think of creating your character as sort of a practice run of how well you will be able to describe them.

First we should start with Obid's equipment. Now, the most obvious part of this section is Weapons, but this section can also include armor, or other articles of clothing that are related to battle, such as a Quiver or some other specialized piece of equipment. Now, you have a good basic description of Obid's katars; I would like you to further elaborate on their appearance, however. Some good questions to be asking yourself are "What are his weapons made of?", "What color as his weapons?", "Do his weapons have any sort of ornamentation?" are some good questions to begin with. Other, more advanced questions, might be "What quality of metal is used for his weapons? Is it kept polished or is it rusted in appearance?", "How are the weapons secured to his wrists?", or "Does Obid have any way to conceal his weapons, or stow them while not in use?". Armor isn't terribly different; you want to visualize the object in your mind, then describe it with as much precision as possible.

For Appearance, once again, you have a very good basic description to begin with. Now you need to go into detail, adding "meat" to it. For example, you wrote "Obid is tall compared to a Hylian, but among his own people he is around average." You could elaborate on this, saying whether he is below or above the average for his people, or describing the type of build he has: Is he fat? Is he skinny? Is he well muscled? Is he lean? For his clothes, you should try and describe the clothing that he normally wears; he dresses in dark colors, but does he wear pants and a shirt? Maybe a long tunic with no pants?

As for the Backstory, honestly, that can come later; the Backstory has the least amount of impact on actual roleplaying, in my honest opinion, compared to Appearance and Equipment. Anyways, I hope I didn't sound pushy or anything, I just want you to improve is all :yomp:
  3. The Janitor

The Janitor New Member new

I've changed up the stuff you mentioned. :happy:
  4. SenpaiPancake

SenpaiPancake Shhh! I'm charging my laser... reg

There isn't anything about this other than being rather sparse, but I guess I'll pass this. [/stamp]