NPC rules

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Blonde Panther, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Now, I'm not going to whine about PWC, treasures, or Arena stuff. All that is perfectly reasonable. But then I see the bolded rule. This kind of complicates things for me.

I point your attention to the example. Thria, my female Zora, is married and has a daughter. With these rules for NPCs, I could use her husband and her daughter in a single RP - or her husband in one and her daughter in another.

Depending on how many RPs I end up using her in, this could portray her as not caring about nor spending time with her family at all. Which is not the case. I understand that for combat-heavy NPCs this rule has to be in place (It's why I'm making Horus and Luna separate PCs exclusively for use together, as opposed to having Luna be an NPC for Horus), but for families, especially married PCs with children, it seems kind of silly.

I kind of don't want to hog the Accepted Characters thread with the family of my characters, especially since they cover the same ten feet a dozen times and there's a reason I kept them as NPCs to being with- they're not PC material. Especially small children.

I was wondering if I could get clarification on this rule or if it could be modified. It's needlessly restrictive to keep us from marrying our PCs because their families would get neglected anyway.
  2. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    When it comes to these sorts of things, don't worry overly much about it. A moderator/staff member who is grading for you should have the common sense to make exceptions to the rule where it is deemed appropriate. If their decision doesn't make sense, get other moderators to look it over, etc.