New writer here

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by spark, May 27, 2013.

1. spark

spark New Member new

Not new to writing, but rather a writer who is new to this site. Though long, long, long ago I played a generic fantasy RP with a small group of friends that had somewhat similar format to this place.

Anyhow, I'm still checking things out, reading rules, getting familiar with history and locations and so on, and tossing around character ideas. I'm sure I'll put in for a character fairly soon, but it may take me a few days to figure out what I'd like to do.

Meanwhile I figured I'd say hi. I write a lot, mostly original stories but also a certain amount of fanfic including several LoZ pieces.

Hello!
  2. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Hey spark! Nice to meet you!

I'm Bitoko (Toko for short) and I'm the Admin/Webmaster here! Its awesome to see a new face, and I'm glad that you found us. We are still trying to build a better tutorials section, so if there is anything you don't quite understand, or have questions on, please let us know through a PM or whatever else and I or any of the other Mods and RPers would love to help you out!

Anyway, how did you find HC?
  3. spark

spark New Member new

I had been discussing how I missed role play with a friend who's really into Transformers RP. She invited me to her group but I know nothing whatsoever about Transformers! Since I'd have to google the names of everything and everybody to know who they were, that didn't sound like fun. But it got me thinking I'd enjoy doing some role playing in a universe I was familiar with, and I've been writing so much Zelda fic the last year or two that the Zelda universe seemed like the place to go. So I googled something like "Hyrule role playing" and this was the first link I found!
  4. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Haha, that's awesome! Well, I am glad that you joined! If you have any friends that like to RP, such as the one you were talking about, feel free to bring them along! How do you like what you have seen so far?
  5. spark

spark New Member new

Everything seems pretty straightforward and friendly. My friend knows about as much about Zelda as I do about Transformers, she won't even read my fics, so she's probably not interested, but I might toss a link to you guys in the small Zelda chat I sometimes visit.

Oh, as far as your tutorials and information, the only thing I found confusing was the "ENROLL" icon up at the top next to the Library, since I can't find anything there about how to make a character, just some spiffy pictures. I did find the actual information as I explored a bit further, but I am still a bit curious about what the button is for!
  6. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Yeah, that button is where the Character Creation place is going to be. I'm still working on building the pages for it and such, haha. Yeah, the website part of this place is still under construction, we upgraded our skin earlier this year and its been a lot of work. I do plan on getting that button finished here within the next few weeks! I plan on making detailed pages about each of the races and whatnot to go along with it.

And that'd be awesome if you tossed a link along in the Zelda chat! We are in a phase right now where we are trying to increase our exposure and gain more members, so it's exciting that you joined and that you have the potential to influence others to do so as well!
  7. spark

spark New Member new

All is now made clear! I thought it might be something like that, when I found such a nicely put together character creation guide elsewhere.

And said chat gets about six people on a busy day, but I will do so. :)
  8. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Sweet. Well, every new member counts. :)

Anyway, I'm here if you need me! It was nice to meet you spark!
  9. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Hi Spark! You're probably getting bored talking to Toko here, so I'll mix it up with a new face. Me!

I'm Double, a member who's been here for nearly 2 years now! Boy it feels weird saying that, I remember when I first joined! Anyways, we're here to talk about you, not me, so welcome to the castle! I hope you enjoy it here!

If you have any questions feel free to either ask someone with a PM or something, or drop by the Chat box you can reach from the community link at the top.

May your stay at HC be long and enjoyable!
  10. spark

spark New Member new

Thanks! I feel very welcomed. And I already have a few notions for my first character rattling around. (Probably going to be a deep sea Zora woman. Somebody a little older than the usual teenage adventurer who had some sort of boring life before ending up doing exciting things.) I'm poking at the treasure now and considering her back story and what she might possibly start out with.

If something says "PWC" on its cost, that means you can buy it based on whatever stat is highest, yes?
  11. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Hello! :] I'm one of the other staff guys around here. Glad to see not only a LoZ fan, but a writer joining the site. If you don't mind me asking, your picture for your avatar is interesting to me, and I'd like to know where it's from.

As for the answer to your question, you are correct, the highest PWC stat you have is used.
  12. spark

spark New Member new

The question has probably become irrelevant as I changed my mind on using the thing that made me ask it. But thanks!

My pic is some art I commissioned of a pair of my OCs, one of whom is, er... a big, fat, Mary-Sue, alternate-reality version of the Fierce Deity, and the other of whom is my oldest still active RP character, whose original RP closed down 14 years ago, but who I still write stories for. The two of them have a "thing" in a few of my wilder and less readable stories. :D

It was the nicest bit of sorta-Zelda-related art I had on hand, and since it also had my own personal character in it, it seemed appropriate to use to represent me.
  13. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Howdy spark. Welcome ta HC. Name's Ultra5 or U5. Even though I ain't gonna be able to talk to you much since my surgery is in two days hello none the less. May your time here be enjoyable and long lived.
    -Ultra5
  14. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Hello! It's good to have you onboard! If you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask any of us. We'll do our best to help you out :)
  15. Vexion

Vexion New Member new

hello and welcome to the castle :n_n: