New Rank Names 2.0

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Bitoko, May 3, 2013.

?

Which names do you like for the ranks?

1. RP Page, RP Guard, RP Hylian Knight (credit to Doc Genz)

6 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. RP Newcomer, RP Regular, RP Veteran

10 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. Other (state below)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I like Page/Guard/HK, but personally I think it would look/sound better if all three were one word (Page-Guard-Knight).
  3. Nolan

Nolan Member new

What Quill said.

I just think the whole newcomer blah blah blah rank system is misleading. I for example am still labeled a newbie, but I've been a member of this site for a very long time (I know I haven't RP'd the entire time, but I am quite familiar with all the systems. I still creep from time to time.) and a member of a good portion of the community for years.
  4. Oreknar

Oreknar New Member new

Page/Guard/Knight

As an experienced roleplayer, Newcomer/Regular/Veteran screams different connotations to me:
    Unimportant/Can be Heard/Elite.

Even though Hyrule Castle is by far one of the most welcoming and friendly roleplaying communities I've ever been a part of and these sorts of issues never seem to spring up, ranks directly referencing a person's involvement in the forums can still give off an elitist air which might scare off wary newcomers.
  5. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Oreknar makes a very good point. I change my vote to Page/Guard/Knight. My only concern is that "RP Page/RP Guard/RP Knight" will sound too IC, but that just seems so unlikely with the RP prefix.
  6. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I agree and may be changing my vote as well. We will be discussing it with the rest of the staff. Thanks Oreknar!