New race

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by demo, Sep 17, 2011.

1. demo

demo New Member reg

Alright, looking over the playable races I see we skipped over a very important race, The sheikah.
    Do you think they will ever be a playable race?
  2. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    No, we didn't skip them, we don't allow Sheikah as a playable race because they are always a very exclusive and small race in the games, and because of that everyone would want to be one.

I can't see anytime in the future that the Sheikah would be playable UNLESS they were so strictly regulated you might not even see when played in your lifetime (and this I'm imagining as a special reward for Veterans who have been on the site for 3+ years or something).

Though that doesn't exclude NPC Sheikah, but those won't be controlled by Players anyways.
  3. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Yeah, plus, for all you know the sheikah could be completely not important at all in this, my creation. Lol, though they may creep up in the future!
  4. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Off-topic, but Nicholas has Red eyes...

... I'm just sayin' ;D

Actually, I didn't factor in the Sheikah when I chose his eye color (I kept the eye color from his previous incarnation) because in reality I always wanted him to be a Hylian.

I like hearing myself speak :D
  5. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Chaos James is correct in his assertion. The main reason they are not included is due to the fact that they are beyond secretive and mysterious, and there's hardly any canonical members of the race who are definitively 100% Sheikah. For all we know, they could either be extinct or completely merged with Hylians (or Gerudo) by now. In a role-play sense, giving someone a Sheikah character is vaguely like giving someone a gun without telling them where the trigger is.

The second reason, however, is that a Sheikah effectively seems to be--aside from their race's collective history--just a Hylian with red eyes and perhaps slightly more tan skin than usual. Involving the race wouldn't add as much to the role-play as most races, especially considering how little characterization they've been given in the games to feature them.

There's several other races I would personally consider before adding Sheikah, as such races would be much better understood, more common, and would (sooner or later) fit better into HC's setting.