New Discussion Boards?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Bitoko, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Hey everyone! As you probably know, we are trying to grow our discussion area of the board. This is what the sweepstakes is trying to accomplish, and you guys have been doing fantastic. I'm really pleased with how active its been in teh last few days and I hope it continues.

Now you can notice that he RP section is larger than the discussion section, and thats ok, but I do think it would be nice if the discussion area grew to the point where it was about the same size. So I am asking you now, are there any discussion areas you'd like to see in HC? Please suggest things that will actually get use. We are not going to add a ton of forums at the beginning, but one or two for now would be good. SO yeah, let me know what you think!
  2. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Maybe something for discussing TV/Movies? I'd never use it personally, I hardly watch any TV, and only the occasional movie, but I can see others using it maybe.
  3. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

MERLIIIIIN disajiodsofjoiadsfa;os

"The Fangirl Subforum for all your fangirling needs" XD
  4. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Yeah maybe dividing forums into different mediums/interests might be nice? Like Double and Quill said, a film/tv forum, maybe a music one as well? And perhaps, if there's interest in it, one for little games or something.
  5. Guy

Guy Admin admin

I've always been an advocate for having fewer boards... The more boards you have, the more it looks clustered; the more it brings attention to forums that are inactive; the more unsure a member is when it comes to find a specific kind of thread; the more unsure a poster is if a thread should go in one forum over another; the harder it is to navigate the incredibly-clustered forum index; and the more intimidating it is for new users.

...What does adding more boards even do for the site, if you can't even really discuss something in the new forums that you couldn't discuss in previous forums? (As always, I will never understand Bitoko's tendency to add separate "Console Zelda" and "Handheld Zelda" forums--especially when there's already general Zelda and Zelda theory boards...)
  6. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Does this mean Guy is back?
  7. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    TV/Music/Movies kind of all fall into Entertainment, so I think all of those should be together in one forum.

Maybe a forum for community; as the community grows, there may be those who would like to do community projects. But this may not be appropriate right now, I don't know...I haven't posted enough.
  8. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    I was thinking, what about a Serious Discussion board to talk about current events and what not, topics that may be a little more serious than just General Discussion? Also, since we are a community, and we are all humans, I think that having some kind of Support board for those with troubles who want advice or what not is a good idea.
  9. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Dark, I suggested the same thing a while before you joined, and the response I got was no because the community isn't all that big yet, and they don't want to risk creating tension and/or hostility between any members who are here. That wasn't the exact answer, but it was something along those lines.

Personally I'm with you, I'm just saying what I was told.
  10. Aurelia

Aurelia unreliable and clumsy new

3DS Friend Code:
    3325-1925-7295
    I think we can have a serious discussion, but limit on the topics, like religion and politics. Because those are the ones that make people got a little nuts
  11. darklink28

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    Of course also, people need to be able to be able to have a civil conversation/discussion about these things and not take things personally. I understand that line of thought though.

I think a Support forum is a good idea though for problems, advice, etc.
  12. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

We probably wont be getting any new discussion boards for a while. I feel we need more members actually using the ones we have before new ones are added. For now, this thread is locked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.