My current situation

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Blonde Panther, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Before anyone gets a heart attack, I am by no means leaving HC or stopping RPing, however, over the course of the coming week I might get more edgy and volatile, or outright depressed without notice. (As in, more than usual.) I believe you have a right to know why.

My grandmother is terminal. There's no saying whether she'll last another hour or another week, but the fact is that she will die soon. The family, including myself, has peace with it, but I find death a terrible terrible thing. The last time a human close to me passed away, it was an uncle I never really saw much- before that, it was my grandfather when my age was still in single digits. As such, I have no idea how my grandmother's passing will affect me, but if my posting frequency decreases further or I become less emotionally stable, it's because I'm having a hard time processing it.

I thank you all in advance for your understanding.
  2. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    I am terribly sorry Panther. It is never a fun thing losing family members. For what it is worth I'll gladly help in any way I can. I found at least having support is a very good thing in times like that. Again I'm sorry.
    -Ultra5
  3. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I'm very sorry to hear that, BP. I'll keep you and your grandmother in my prayers. Just remember that we're all here for you, whenever you need us. :)
    `Quill
  4. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    For those interested: I've just received word that her breathing has ceased.
  5. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Oh god...I'm so sorry Panther.
    -Ultra5
  6. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I don't know what to say, BP... take as much time as you need, okay?
  7. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Ah... I'm sorry I missed all this BP... I hope you're okay...
  8. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

Hope everything is going okay. I'll be praying for your family.
  9. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I just came back from the funeral- I'll take another week to get back to my senses, but after that my IC posting will resume.
  10. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

I've been trying to think of a post that actually sums up what I want to say, but all I come up with sounds pitying and similar to useless platitudes.
    So, I'll use the best ones.
    I'm here for you, even if I haven't felt the hollowness of knowing that a loved one is about to die. All I know is the hole they leave behind.
    I hope to everything possible that there actually is something past the "great beyond", because some people deserve paradise.
    There is no omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, omni-benevolent god. Otherwise, this wouldn't've happened. However, there is humanity. There are the memories she left behind. The glorious splendour of the universe goes on, and while she'd be glad that you still think of her, she'd rather you got on with enjoying this wonderfully chaotic gift of life, the universe, and everything rather than dwell on the sorrow of her passing.
    Live. Love. Learn.

There, corniness finished. However, I do mean all of it.
    It helped me.