Music Muffler

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Quill, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Name: Music Muffler
    AKA: Blue Bubble
    AKA: Jinx

P/W/C Type: ?

Appearance: N/A

Description of Function: The caster may play a tune through any instrument which functions similarly to a Blue Bubble's jinx; anyone who hears it will be unable to cast magic or use weapons or items of any kind. The effect lasts for as long as the caster can play.

Limitations: This can only be cast once every 24 hours. Does not differentiate between friend, foe, and caster.
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Hmm, I feel like taking this canon ability and making it music is too powerful, even with the cooldown. I like the idea of introducing the Blue Bubble's curse into the LoT, but I don't feel like music is the best medium for this. I will leave this open to R.D.'s comments before just denying it, though.
  3. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Definitely not. With the right instrument you can curse an entire battlefield into submission. The curse idea is fine, but music is simply too powerful to convey that curse.

... Zelda's probably the only place I can say "music is too powerful" and not feel like an idiot about it.
  4. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Alright then. I wouldn't mind taking this opportunity to change it into a standard, non-music Blue Bubble Jinx spell. Or would you rather that happen next cycle?
  5. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Seeing as it's all of three days until the next cycle, let's just go with that.