Mortal Draw [2/2]

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Blonde Panther, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    This WILL need some nerfing to not become ridiculously overpowered. I am open to suggestions.

Name: Mortal Draw.
    P/W/C Type: Power.
    Appearance: N/A.
    Description of Function: Upon drawing their weapon of choice, the user instantly slays the first creature the weapon connects with.
    Limitations: Cannot be used if user doesn’t have a weapon; weapon has to be re-sheathed before the Mortal Draw can be used again, (mini-)bosses and PC races are immune. Should probably be a Major Treasure.

Description Suggestion (open)
    `Mortal Draw
    Canonical, Technique – Offensive
    [Weaponbase]

[Prices]

By focusing their power into a sheathed weapon, the user can draw that weapon with such immense force that it instantly slays the first foe it makes contact with during the motion of being drawn. Due to the drawing motion required to unleash the focused power, the Mortal Draw cannot be performed bare-handed. In order to use this technique in succession, the weapon has to be sheathed and re-drawn. Monsters in the position of miniboss or boss, as well as any creature of a PC race, is entirely immune to this technique.
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Re: Mortal Draw

So... I don't think this needs to be nerfed or really made into a major treasure, provided the limitations you've given. The reason I say this is because, like a lot of techniques, it's already sort of borderline "Well... you could kind of already do this, maybe." For instance, if someone were to outright slay a Moblin with a single flash of the blade as it drew, then that could be acceptable. Doing that multiple times or consistently with the character would be edgy, though, and that's where the treasure serves a purpose.

I might say you could only use it once "per combat" and leave the meaning of that up to the RPer, mostly just to stop someone from using it down a fleet of Darknuts or something. That said, while not major, this would probably still be expensive, but I don't think it needs to occupy a MT slot. Given that it cannot be used on bosses or PCs, but rather only on creatures that are ultimately in your control anyway, this seems to be okay with me.

Anywho [1/2]
  3. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Re: Mortal Draw [1/2]

Honestly I can't see someone resheathing their weapon in a heated battle with multiple opponents, so as long as the user isn't actively and blatantly god-moding, I don't think this would be abused too much. [2/2]
  4. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Ahhh, okay then. I'm aware that one-shotting stuff like Bokoblins was doable, but for the sturdier stuff like Moblins and TP/SS Lizalfoses, this might add something to your arsenal. What about pricing?
  5. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Well, it's "doable" just in the same way as... say... Helm Splitter is "doable" without a treasure. It's physically possible, just very sketchy if you did it, and very very sketchy if you did it more than once. By making a treasure we can officially draw that line.

Anyway, for the price I will leave that up to Master Quill in the drafting.
  6. Rising Dragon

How's this?

`Mortal Draw
    Canonical, Technique – Offensive
    [Weaponbase]

P5: 20 rupees
    P4: 35 rupees
    P3: 70 rupees
    P2: 100 rupees
    P1: 125 rupees

By focusing their power into a sheathed weapon, the user can draw that weapon with such immense force that it instantly slays the first foe it makes contact with during the motion of being drawn. Due to the drawing motion required to unleash the focused power, the Mortal Draw cannot be performed bare-handed. In order to use this technique in succession, the weapon has to be sheathed and re-drawn. Monsters in the position of miniboss or boss, as well as any creature of a PC race, is entirely immune to this technique.
  7. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    20 Rupees at P5 for the MORTAL DRAW seems very cheap to me, although I do have to keep in mind that this is a relatively free-form RP and not a stat-based one or the game.

Considering that, I agree with the price.
  8. Rising Dragon

That, and it's still somewhat more expensive than the other [WeaponBase] treasures taken from Twilight Princess, and more expensive at lower Power counts as well. So if we have an accord...